NFL Draft Brevin Jordan in 2021 NFL Draft

Advertisement
Kyle Pitts is going very early. The other TEs are going to go higher than anticipated as a result...that includes Brevin. With the Patriots taking two of the top free agents off the board at TE, you have a lot of teams looking for a pass catching TE. Tennessee, Atlanta, Jacksonville among a few others are in the market for that pass catcher.

Greg Cosell had interesting thoughts on Brevin on the Ross Tucker podcast. He really seemed to get excited talking about him.

Paraphrasing here but he basically said Brevin is explosive after the catch but is a unique evaluation because he's not a refined route-runner and you don't see him do a lot of things on tape like work against press, work the middle of field, or match up against tough man coverage. Greg says that doesn't necessarily mean he can't do those things it's just a question mark until we see him do it.

The fact that those questions exist speaks well to how the staff used Brevin, giving him opportunities to be an athlete without needing to be a technically proficient receiver making difficult plays. This is something I brought up in regards to TE recruiting where Miami should be looking for the best athletes at TE not necessarily the "highest-rated" prospects who may be polished route-runners but limited athletes.

Advertisement

He needs to improve and needs the perfect role fit. Very possible but a lot can go wrong. I'm pulling for him not just cause he's a Cane but he's a fun player too.

Watch the tape. The PSU TE is more like a poor man’s Shockey than a baby Gronk. He’s a 4.8 40 guy who tough. Brevin is much faster and athletic and a more willing blocker. I’ll happily take bets Brevin goes no later than pick 75. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jax takes him at 33.

Advertisement
Watch the tape. The PSU TE is more like a poor man’s Shockey than a baby Gronk. He’s a 4.8 40 guy who tough. Brevin is much faster and athletic and a more willing blocker. I’ll happily take bets Brevin goes no later than pick 75. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jax takes him at 33.
More like a poor man's Heath Miller. I wasn't impressed by him. I do think Hunter Long is underrated but more in the mold of a late-career Witten type.

@BoxingRobes has used the Jonnu Smith comparison forever and it's apt. Both guys are basically big RBs with receiving skill playing TE.

I'm down on the other TEs aside from Pitts and Jordan. They'll play but nothing is especially dynamic or powerful about them.

More like a poor man's Heath Miller. I wasn't impressed by him. I do think Hunter Long is underrated but more in the mold of a late-career Witten type.
He runs over people and through more tackles than Miller. Hence why he got the baby Gronk nickname. Shockey is more comparable because of the identical size and breaking tackles. However, Shockey was a 4.6 guy and the Pedo state kid is a 4.8 all day long. They claim he’s a 4.71 but I don’t see it on tape.

He needs to improve and needs the perfect role fit. Very possible but a lot can go wrong. I'm pulling for him not just cause he's a Cane but he's a fun player too.

i would love nothing more than to be wrong. I just don't see it. I see the earliest as late 4th but more likely 5th or later.
Greg Cosell had interesting thoughts on Brevin on the Ross Tucker podcast. He really seemed to get excited talking about him.

Paraphrasing here but he basically said Brevin is explosive after the catch but is a unique evaluation because he's not a refined route-runner and you don't see him do a lot of things on tape like work against press, work the middle of field, or match up against tough man coverage. Greg says that doesn't necessarily mean he can't do those things it's just a question mark until we see him do it.

The fact that those questions exist speaks well to how the staff used Brevin, giving him opportunities to be an athlete without needing to be a technically proficient receiver making difficult plays. This is something I brought up in regards to TE recruiting where Miami should be looking for the best athletes at TE not necessarily the "highest-rated" prospects who may be polished route-runners but limited athletes.
these are very good points...

Advertisement
Not great testing numbers. The numbers he was claiming pre-Pro Day were good. Today's numbers are a bit of a disappointment.

i would love nothing more than to be wrong. I just don't see it. I see the earliest as late 4th but more likely 5th or later.

these are very good points...
PFF has him graded at the best TE route runner in the draft. That guy tweeting is a moron. Brevin owned the middle of the field on slants and seems. He also caught plenty of quick outs and wheel routes. That’s basically every route asked of a TE.

Advertisement
@BoxingRobes has used the Jonnu Smith comparison forever and it's apt. Both guys are basically big RBs with receiving skill playing TE.

I'm down on the other TEs aside from Pitts and Jordan. They'll play but nothing is especially dynamic or powerful about them.
I’ve said Charles clay. But smith is a good one as well. Brevin wasn’t asked to run a lot of different routes but IMO his movement skills are good enough so I think he certainly can

Jonnu is faster but stiffer. I think it’s a decent comparison though. You’re 💯 about the rest of the class. I mean, I’ve seen McKitty going in 3-4 in some drafts lmao.

I’ve said Charles clay. But smith is a good one as well. Brevin wasn’t asked to run a lot of different routes but IMO his movement skills are good enough so I think he certainly can
You’re wrong about Brevin not having a large route tree. I watched an hour of tape today comparing him to the PSU TE. Brevin ran way more routes and it wasn’t close. Again, PFF has him as the best route runner in the draft. These homer sports writers have no clue. You can spend 15 mins on YouTube and see it clearly for yourself.

You’re wrong about Brevin not having a large route tree. I watched an hour of tape today comparing him to the PSU TE. Brevin ran way more routes and it wasn’t close. Again, PFF has him as the best route runner in the draft. These homer sports writers have no clue. You can spend 15 mins on YouTube and see it clearly for yourself.
Well personally I didn’t see it. Doesn’t mean he can’t. U do what your asked to do. But as far a movement skills I’ve got him ahead of Penn state. That BU Kid is nice. Pitts is by far number 1. But Brevins game is RAC imo. Find a matchup and get this kid the ball. He’s a jumbo RB playing TE

Advertisement
Back