Brevin Jordan game highlights

Advertisement
Get over yourself. Guys that just went in the first round of the draft couldn't handle Joe Jackson or Jon Garvin. Relax and let it play out.
I don’t crown incoming freshman before they arrive, and I don’t believe in freshman in the trenches.

Jordan looks like an immediate impact pass catcher. I’ll believe it when I see it as a true freshman inline blocker.

Get over yourself. Guys that just went in the first round of the draft couldn't handle Joe Jackson or Jon Garvin. Relax and let it play out.
Sucks two from Notre Dame went in front of Chad Thomas---who ate their lunch all game long...

Advertisement
Went to two of his games laid out right in front of me for a great catch. When they got him the ball he dominated, they didn't use him enough IMO in big games. He's a bear, tough to take down.

Advertisement
I don’t crown incoming freshman before they arrive, and I don’t believe in freshman in the trenches.

Jordan looks like an immediate impact pass catcher. I’ll believe it when I see it as a true freshman inline blocker.

The thing is, what better option do we have in-line?

Jordan is big, well-coached and willing. Tight end is a tough position for freshmen, but I think he'll be the exception.

The thing is, what better option do we have in-line?

Jordan is big, well-coached and willing. Tight end is a tough position for freshmen, but I think he'll be the exception.
Agreed - we don’t have any other option. But that’s exactly the problem.

He certainly has the size and the athleticism. Our WRs are well-coached at blocking downfield, so I’m not as worried about that.

Inline is what scares me. Physical ability only goes so far. You need to know what man to block. Jordan isn’t even an EE. Foolish to count on him, IMO. Unreal expectations.

Advertisement
Seantrel and Big Vaughn were both as highly touted as can be. Both struggled as true frosh.

Now I’m supposed to rely on a true frosh TE, with 15 practices under his belt, on a neural field, with the whole country watching? Sorry, but no.

Slurpers can act like it isn’t an issue, but we couldn’t get 1 yard when we needed it last year. I addressed it before the season (said our inability to pick up short yardage situations would hurt us) and, predictibly, got roasted - ask @LuCane, he knows. The thread is out there to be bumped.

I’ll reiterate my stance: if you can’t line it up smashmouth and get 3rd and 1, you aren’t a good team. We are Miami, and we are supposed to impose our will. Not rely on trickery like the wildcat, like I see thrown around these boards so often.

I love the talent we have at so many position groups. OL and QB are major issues that can derail what could otherwise be a special season. QB, I’m not as worried - I think it’s Jalen. Maybe not game 1, but he is gonna be the guy.

OL is a mess. I posted after the first game last year that they could pass protect but not run block. Look it up. Same story this year, based on reports from camp.

We need Big Vaughn to take the next step right now, in fall camp, and make the move to RT. If he doesn’t, we won’t make the ACCCG.

Last edited:
Brevin will get a lot of P.T. no doubt but I don’t see him starting till mid season for the simple fact he’s not an ee.

Advertisement
Seantrel and Big Vaughn were both as highly touted as can be. Both struggled as true frosh.

Now I’m supposed to rely on a true frosh TE, with 15 practices under his belt, on a neural field, with the whole country watching? Sorry, but no.

Slurpers can act like it isn’t an issue, but we couldn’t get 1 yard when we needed it last year. I addressed it before the season (said our inability to pick up short yardage situations would hurt us) and, predictibly, got roasted - ask @LuCane, he knows. The thread is out there to be bumped.

I’ll reiterate my stance: if you can’t line it up smashmouth and get 3rd and 1, you aren’t a good team. We are Miami, and we are supposed to impose our will. Not rely on trickery like the wildcat, like I see thrown around these boards so often.

I love the talent we have at so many position groups. OL and QB are major issues that can derail what could otherwise be a special season. QB, I’m not as worried - I think it’s Jalen. Maybe not game 1, but he is gonna be the guy.

OL is a mess. I posted after the first game last year that they could pass protect but not run block. Look it up. Same story this year, based on reports from camp.

We need Big Vaughn to take the next step right now, in fall camp, and make the move to RT. If he doesn’t, we won’t make the ACCCG.

I definitely understand your concerns. As I've said before, I coached the TE position & I can tell you that at the high school level BLOCKING is ALWAYS my first concern as well. Not because they can't do it. Because what kind of high school kid, who isn't an offensive lineman, wants to block? And those who do block, usually just try to throw their body in the way of the defender & call it a day. Brevin has his flaws. But not many. Yeah he'll need to clean things up. That's where your earlier point about not being spring enrollee comes in. If he had arrived in January, this is a different conversation. There's probably some bias here, considering he plays a position that I'm close to, but had he arrived in January I think he would've had the same kind of spring game that Hightower had. Where he just went off.

From what I've seen (keeping in mind highlights are meant to flatter), Brevin wants to & tries to be involved in every play. He's always right there. That's huge when it comes to blocking. Guys like him, are always on the lookout for someone to hit. Pancake one guy & they're looking for the next guy to destroy. Where Brevin has trouble is with the point of contact. When he reaches the next level or the open field, he does have a tendency to allow defensive players to get their hands on him first. That might be due to his size (reach). BUT that isn't as big of an issue if he knows what to do once he's engaged.
As far as.. can he handle the Joe Jackson's of the world, we have 22+ year old offensive lineman who can't handle Joe Jackson or Garvin or Rousseau for that matter. So if that's your concern, it won't be remedied for a while man. The best high school TE I've ever seen was OJ Howard. And I'm tellin ya.. Howard got his a$$ handed to him against the Bama DEs, in practice. If the listed numbers are accurate, high school Brevin weighs as much as NFL Howard RIGHT NOW.
If u wanna bump this thread later I'll gladly take the heat for talking him up. And I know my May opinion, on a random message board thread, before he even arrives, means nothing. But IF Brevin doesn't go all N'Kosi on the playbook, he'll play early against LSU.

Brevin will get a lot of P.T. no doubt but I don’t see him starting till mid season for the simple fact he’s not an ee.

You realize who our other TEs are?

I almost think Brevin could start practicing the week of the LSU game and still be the starter. He'll start because he has to, given our other options

Advertisement
Back