Brevin Jordan game highlights

Seantrel and Big Vaughn were both as highly touted as can be. Both struggled as true frosh.

Now I’m supposed to rely on a true frosh TE, with 15 practices under his belt, on a neural field, with the whole country watching? Sorry, but no.

Slurpers can act like it isn’t an issue, but we couldn’t get 1 yard when we needed it last year. I addressed it before the season (said our inability to pick up short yardage situations would hurt us) and, predictibly, got roasted - ask @LuCane, he knows. The thread is out there to be bumped.

I’ll reiterate my stance: if you can’t line it up smashmouth and get 3rd and 1, you aren’t a good team. We are Miami, and we are supposed to impose our will. Not rely on trickery like the wildcat, like I see thrown around these boards so often.

I love the talent we have at so many position groups. OL and QB are major issues that can derail what could otherwise be a special season. QB, I’m not as worried - I think it’s Jalen. Maybe not game 1, but he is gonna be the guy.

OL is a mess. I posted after the first game last year that they could pass protect but not run block. Look it up. Same story this year, based on reports from camp.

We need Big Vaughn to take the next step right now, in fall camp, and make the move to RT. If he doesn’t, we won’t make the ACCCG.

I dont even know where to begin with this.

Lets just start with we made the ACCCG last year with being possibly the worst short yardage team in the country.

And maybe let's let the season actually start before saying the OL is terrible and Brevin can't play. Struggling against Garvin/Jackson. and the 2nd unit vs Patchan/rousseau is something that really shouldn't have been surprising

Advertisement
The thing is, what better option do we have in-line?

Jordan is big, well-coached and willing. Tight end is a tough position for freshmen, but I think he'll be the exception.

Not one doubt about it, this kid can play as a freshman. He's got great hands and good speed with college weight already.

I will just be happy if he becomes a redzone option (year one). Everything else is just gravy as they say.
From this film and other film I have seen he can be used in similar fashion to Njoku in 2016. As we get close to the endzone. he can line up in the slot or close to the end of the line and just beat any LB with his speed or DB with his size and strength.

I also like the backfield mention by DMoney. there was a play last year we ran with Herndon in the backfield near goalline where he caught a wide open TD. That sorta play would be perfect for this kid too.

Irvin was an in-line TE for us every game in 2017. He might not be the athlete Jordan is but he proved he can be an in-line TE who can block and catch. He's obese but if he works this summer he should start the LSU game.

Advertisement
Irvin was an in-line TE for us every game in 2017. He might not be the athlete Jordan is but he proved he can be an in-line TE who can block and catch. He's obese but if he works this summer he should start the LSU game.

Whenever he was blocking - he was getting blown up. I’d rather have a Freshman in there with heart and toughness.

Advertisement
Back