Breakout player on the defense

Amari Carter

I'm eager to see how they intend to use him. We could have a nice three man rotation at safety (JJ/Red/AC5) if they trust Carter enough to hold it down. Hall is likely to play some too. Ideally our starters will play most of the snaps. Sean Taylor and Mo Sikes did not play much in 2001 when we had two stud senior safeties.

Advertisement
Willis, Redwine, Romeo, Bandy, Garvin, Rousseau, Nesta, Steed, Smith, Pat Bethel, DJax, Blades, Frierson, Hall, Carter, and McCloud.

No love for Knowles in here?

Come on, players can get better from one year to the next. I know it's true because I read it in the Rosier thread.

Advertisement
No love for Knowles in here?

Come on, players can get better from one year to the next. I know it's true because I read it in the Rosier thread.

Rosier and Knowles are on two different levels in terms of where they are in their development.

I think Knowles will improve but I’m not ready to say he’s going to have a “breakout” season. He has one more year unlike Rosier so there is still time.

I'll go with Willis. Would love to see him rewarded for all the hard work and pitfalls he's endured.

I’m going Ivey because he has all of the mechanics and technique to be great. Plus, he clearly has a great measurables that have only been enhanced thanks to Gus’s and Company. In addition he has been in the system since January and given his tenacity to learn fueled by his perfectionist attitude - Ivey is in a better spot for the game to slow down for him than some other young guys looking for their shot. Finally, the only knock is that the coaches keep saying that he is one big hit/play/turnover from unleashing that wild dog attitude to go along with his other mature qualities.

It may not happen until after LSU, but best believe that Ivey is going to eat this year!

Advertisement
"The Hitman" Amari Carter
Pat Bethel
Waynmon Steed
Al Blades
Gilbert Frierson

So many options. I feel like Bandy are Garvin are ready to take it to the next level.

Think Tito is going to surprise some people too.

Advertisement
I interpret your question to mean which player who up to this point has not produced will break out and become a productive asset to the defense. My answer to this is.... ..

Romeo Finley. I believe the new position of "Striker" will allow him to showcase the talent that has always been there and the reason he was recruited in the first place. I'm not saying that Finley will necessarily be a star. Only that he will begin to produce.
This is my interpretation as well so Im going with Jon Ford

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back