Breakout player on the defense

No love for Knowles in here?

Come on, players can get better from one year to the next. I know it's true because I read it in the Rosier thread.

I'm not really a Rosier fan but comparing the school's all-time single season TD record holder with one of the worst safeties (worst of the PFF era, which includes some pretty bad ones) seems like only something a CIS poster would do

Advertisement
I'm eager to see how they intend to use him. We could have a nice three man rotation at safety (JJ/Red/AC5) if they trust Carter enough to hold it down. Hall is likely to play some too. Ideally our starters will play most of the snaps. Sean Taylor and Mo Sikes did not play much in 2001 when we had two stud senior safeties.
Sean came in alot on Nickle in 01...and was a STs Beast....

I'm not really a Rosier fan but comparing the school's all-time single season TD record holder with one of the worst safeties (worst of the PFF era, which includes some pretty bad ones) seems like only something a CIS poster would do

What about forgetting to have a sense of humor? Is that also something a CIS poster would do?

Nigel Bethel... And yes, I mean, Nigel

Welp....Rumph just said some extremely positive things about Bethel yesterday on ITU. He is showing his toughness and pure speed. He guarded Pope and caught up after getting beat on a double move which was very impressive per Rumph. Said he hasn't had a chance to talk about Nigel that much but he's been very impressive......

Welp....Rumph just said some extremely positive things about Bethel yesterday on ITU. He is showing his toughness and pure speed. He guarded Pope and caught up after getting beat on a double move which was very impressive per Rumph. Said he hasn't had a chance to talk about Nigel that much but he's been very impressive......

Having seen a good amount of MNW football, I think he has the extra gear and closing speed we've been missing at CB. If he gets the physicality and technique quickly, I expect him to be a significant contributor pretty quickly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back