Breakout player on the defense

Advertisement
Remember when coach said “we got some dudes, but we need more”. Well we finally got more. I think people underrate our depth a bit. Is it young? Sure. It is quality though. You’d be hard pressed to look around the country & see guys like Ford, Steed, Finley, or Patchan not starting for other teams.

Advertisement
Jaquan Johnson. I know he’s already being recognized, but this year I hope to see him have an Ed Reed 2000-2001 type season. All-American. Thorpe award finalist, if not winner.

Gerald Willis.

Advertisement
You could really pick **** near anyone on the D and provide a supporting argument.

I'll go with Gurvan Hall just because he hasn't been mentioned yet.

Advertisement
Tito. He showed better than expected strength and quickness in some of the clips I saw of him at Illinois. If our coaches can get him to show those flashes of potential on a much more consistent basis this year we're in business. I'm sure the supporting cast he now has around him, the chance to play in meaningful games and the greater ability he has here of showcasing himself to everyone around the country has got him excited and motivated..

Advertisement
This is a stupid hedge, this is also an off-season thread. I’ve been working on my machine to make time go faster, but it still doesn’t work.

Turnover Chain. Turnover Chain. Turnover Chain.

It’s a winner. It makes sense and is innovative football-wise. Great on a marketing front. Huge win n on the level of the kinds of intangable, inquantifiable random **** that happens that makes you look good. It creates a dynamic that both the players and the fan can embrace; that larger goal of a turnover.

That’s a format you can build around.

Advertisement
Back