BREAKING: Tony Romo inks new contract with CBS

Advertisement
source.gif

Advertisement
A lot of this is just posturing for the league so that when the rights are up again CBS can say "we spend top dollar to program the NFL on our network and as a result we paint it in the best light."

If you're going to spend billions, might as well spend a few million more to curry favor. Wouldn't spend $1,000 on a suit and then go to Target for the belt and shoes.

Lol agree or disagree about liking Romo it's still a fact that analysts don't drive viewership.

Aikman is better than Romo imo.

Aikman's problem is he wasn't immediately awesome. I remember thinking he'd been concussed a few too many times when he first started, he is awesome now but on a more gradual ascent than Romo.

Advertisement
Aikman's problem is he wasn't immediately awesome. I remember thinking he'd been concussed a few too many times when he first started, he is awesome now but on a more gradual ascent than Romo.

Agree. Took him a while to find his voice. He does the prep and has a lot of smart takes. He's the most honest analyst and I appreciate that. Other guys are too nice and protect their buddies.

I'm glad he's staying. Good fit with Nantz. Overall I prefer ESPN but there wasn't an obvious fit for him and too much chance they'd force Romo to do ridiculous stuff like the afternoon talk show garbage.

CBS needs to incorporate Romo into the golf coverage. You don't need to be a former playing pro or instructor to call that stuff.

Advertisement
I like the guy and everything but that's a crazy amount of money. A dude talking about it shouldn't make more than the guy doing it.

Advertisement
Why not? He doesn’t work for the Cowboys, sir
Because he's not worth it imo. Like has been said, I don't watch a game just because he's on the broadcast. I don't turn the channel because he's not on the broadcast. None of the commentators make any difference to me. The commentators are not why I watch football. I can't watch the game without players but I sure can watch it with the sound off. Steven A. gets like 8 million a year and people watch his program because of him. CBS is paying Romo that insane amount and nobody is showing up because he's there.

Advertisement
Back