BREAKING: Tony Romo inks new contract with CBS

Advertisement
What market? CBS way over paid for him. The next closest guys are all down in the 7 or 8 million range. Just because one dumb *** overpays for an item by around 112% doesn't mean it's worth what he paid. E$ecPN's offer of around 10 million is closer to market value imo.
C’mon, stop getting caught up in the numbers. It’s the new market price he set! That’s what happens in growth sectors. You see it every day

The cost for the 64GB iPhone X came at a 21% jump in price from the 64GB iPhone 8S

Kevin Garnett’s was given a 6 year $126 million dollar contract in 1997, which was considering ground breaking and staggering at the time. People were losing their minds at that time. But at only $14 mill per year, that’s now considered a bargain. He set a new market price.

The ARod Texas rangers contract for 10 years $252 million in 2000?

Last edited:
I am a giants fan so I hate any cowgirl, but Romo is the best analyst in the business. I am not going to actively seek out his games, but schitty analysts like that one lispy guy for CFB or beth Mowins will get me to flip the channel unless its a game I really want to see. And honestly if I am just flipping through games, I would probably be more likely to watch a game Romo is announcing. Either way, you are acting like he is getting paid 170 million a season. 17 Mill a season is very reasonable, considering how much money those games bring in.

Romo is very good at breaking down plays and analysis, he may not be right 100% of the time, who is, but he generally speaks with knowledge and authority.

How many announcers are actually as knowledgeable as he is in breaking down plays?

And that Beth chick, good god, she’s horrible. I have to mute. Not that knowledgeable, and the most annoying voice ever. I pretty much agree with everything in this post.

As far as what he is being paid, the market dictates. If that’s what CBS was willing to pay, then that’s what he’s worth to them.

C’mon, stop getting caught up in the numbers. It’s the new market price he set! That’s what happens in growth sectors. You see it every day

The cost for the 64GB iPhone X came at a 21% jump in price from the 64GB iPhone 8S

Kevin Garnett’s was given a 6 year $126 million dollar contract in 1997, which was considering ground breaking and staggering at the time, but at only $14 mill per year, that’s now considered a bargain. He set a new market price.
How can I not get caught up in the number? Sorry bro, I don't consider sports announcer a growth sector. We'll just have to disagree and even if the market goes up to those numbers I'll still consider it a waste of money. Cheers

Advertisement

Outrageous. Romo is overrated and annoying. People love to criticize analysts (myself included) but how many actually alter their viewing habits because of them?

Opinions are like a**holes....everybody got one....and why is this even on the board...

Advertisement
I'd tune in to watch a football game whether it was Tony Romo or Porky Pig announcing. Not my money, so whatever.

Man he's the best in the business in a long *** time. Nobody is even a close second.
If he's worth $17M then players should def say no to that deal... lol he goes of little tangents to be CBS over paid. His agent won and all the other broadcasters just took notice

This thread irrelevant is on the level of NYSOM..anybody have word on how he and Kenneth are doin?
I saw his 2nd post on 247 yesterday (he's been very quiet there so far) and it was a *** innuendo lol. It didn't sit well with people who don't know the schtick. I was just waiting to see how long it would take. Apparently 2 posts.

I didn't love Romo at first, but he's definitely the best right now. If you need a reminder, watch Booger. I liked Chucky too, but Romo is the best play by play right now. I've never been able to stand Collinsworth. Romo calls upcoming plays like he's got one of the teams headsets on. He's better at this than he was as the Cowboys QB.

Advertisement
Cause we can put this on the board. That's called: freedom to post, and educational for folks that are curious. ;)
True.....bt sayn something positive is one thing....he could've kept that negative comment to himself is all im sayn....He being a hater

This thread irrelevant is on the level of NYSOM..anybody have word on how he and Kenneth are doin?

Yeah cause this board is so active and littered with content right now...

The thread title should be a clear indication that this was a nod to NYSOM. I just need some News Network gifs to make it a regular thing.

I didn't love Romo at first, but he's definitely the best right now. If you need a reminder, watch Booger. I liked Chucky too, but Romo is the best play by play right now. I've never been able to stand Collinsworth. Romo calls upcoming plays like he's got one of the teams headsets on. He's better at this than he was as the Cowboys QB.

I liked Romo at first. I think he's gotten worse. Other guys sucking doesn't make him good.

Advertisement
Yeah cause this board is so active and littered with content right now...

The thread title should be a clear indication that this was a nod to NYSOM. I just need some News Network gifs to make it a regular thing.

I liked Romo at first. I think he's gotten worse. Other guys sucking doesn't make him good.

I know this might be surprising and a shock to you, but there is a whole big exciting world out there that exists in real time. Go out there and enjoy it!!!

Don’t let posts or content on CIS be the foundation of your entire existence!

Advertisement
Back