BREAKING: Tony Romo inks new contract with CBS

There are many talking heads with far less talent and insight that make far, far more than $17M per. Far more. Not in football, albeit, but, yeah.
Exactly! If I’m not mistaken, Hannity makes $35-37 million per year at Fox, and he signed that contract a few years ago. And, no, I don’t watch Foxnews but it’s one of those useless facts I have in my head

Advertisement

Outrageous. Romo is overrated and annoying. People love to criticize analysts (myself included) but how many actually alter their viewing habits because of them?

This thread irrelevant is on the level of NYSOM..anybody have word on how he and Kenneth are doin?

U got to admit it’s been dead thread after dead thread since..**** I felt the need to start one abd more of a comment on different threads typa guy 🤣
I wasn’t a NY fan, but I do agree that he was all over the place with threads and topics to engage comments. I guess I never could forget his schtick personality from before his ban which I never cared for.
I believe that anybody can be a NYSTATE type poster and pick up where he left off... give it a try dude... do a thread about how you like your steaks done. Lol.

Advertisement
I wasn’t a NY fan, but I do agree that he was all over the place with threads and topics to engage comments. I guess I never could forget his schtick personality from before his ban which I never cared for.
I believe that anybody can be a NYSTATE type poster and pick up where he left off... give it a try dude... do a thread about how you like your steaks done. Lol.
I didn’t like him at first tbh..thought he was a pure troll..he really wasn’t a troll though..just tried to bring humor to board and tony it worked..some ppl took it more serious tho..that’s why he gone lol...and who can forget what he did to that one poster..a couple weeks ago🤣😭

Enjoy it while you can people, it's only a matter of time before Fox's robot takes over

I didn’t like him at first tbh..thought he was a pure troll..he really wasn’t a troll though..just tried to bring humor to board and tony it worked..some ppl took it more serious tho..that’s why he gone lol...and who can forget what he did to that one poster..a couple weeks ago🤣😭
Yea I guess that’s what got him banned idk, cause I really didn’t look into it.
Actually, lately I’ve tried to not get too obsessed with CIS... I realized that this shiit can become a bit habit forming, lol, I’m too old to have any new addictions.

Advertisement
You can’t be serious... how presumptuous of you to think everybody who posts on CIS is a CNN/MSNBC liberal.
what does that have to do with the dancing robot that throws the football around before and after commercials?

what does that have to do with the dancing robot that throws the football around before and after commercials?
Look I don’t get into political commentary here and I don’t give out ??? either but I just paid you back and made an exception too. Good night sport.

Advertisement
He’s not worth it??? Come again? The market dictated his worth. He’s being paid according to his market value. He didn’t barge into CBS’ corporate offices wearing a ski mask, carrying a gun and demanding that money or else! He didn’t say, “This is a stickup...Pay me or you and the secretary gets it god**** it.!” No, they negotiated and agreed to give him that contract.

In some tech companies many salesman get paid waaay more than engineers. You buy the product because of the engineers that create and design them....not cause the salesman is cool
What market? CBS way over paid for him. The next closest guys are all down in the 7 or 8 million range. Just because one dumb *** overpays for an item by around 112% doesn't mean it's worth what he paid. E$ecPN's offer of around 10 million is closer to market value imo.

Advertisement
I like the guy and everything but that's a crazy amount of money. A dude talking about it shouldn't make more than the guy doing it.
Absolutely ridiculous. $17M a year to sit on his *** in an air conditioned box and blabber into a mic. Incredible.

Exactly! If I’m not mistaken, Hannity makes $35-37 million per year at Fox, and he signed that contract a few years ago. And, no, I don’t watch Foxnews but it’s one of those useless facts I have in my head
Your points are well taken, but those dudes are working for alot more than 16 weeks.

I'm guessing they might be looking to put Romo on some cfb games and maybe even some NCAA bb games as well. Definitely look for some Romo 60 Minutes segments (gotta believe hes gonna get that jerry jones profile)

17 mil is alot for just an NFL season. That's basically 1 mil a game.

F[]cking ridiculous.

Does anyone honestly make the choice, "oh so-so is calling the game I now must watch"?

Insanity.

Not but it can ruin watching a game by who the announcers are. Think of the muppet twins cbs has announcing the sec saturday afternoons.

Ill take Romo and Dan Olorvosky all dayy

Your points are well taken, but those dudes are working for alot more than 16 weeks.

I'm guessing they might be looking to put Romo on some cfb games and maybe even some NCAA bb games as well. Definitely look for some Romo 60 Minutes segments (gotta believe hes gonna get that jerry jones profile)

17 mil is alot for just an NFL season. That's basically 1 mil a game.

CBS paid $1 Billion for its current NFL viewing contract and they’re negotiating a new deal next year, and that amount could increase by 50% or even double that amount, so you’ve got to keep things in context.

If you own and invest heavily in formula 1 race car / team you want an elite driver behind the wheel and not someone that does street racing. You want Picard as commander of a next generation USS Enterprise Starship, not a guy like me!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back