BREAKING: Tony Romo inks new contract with CBS

Advertisement
Lol agree or disagree about liking Romo it's still a fact that analysts don't drive viewership.

Aikman is better than Romo imo.

Aikman is awful

I'll turn to a different game if the announcers are annoying, unless I absolutely have to if its my teams game.

Because he's not worth it imo. Like has been said, I don't watch a game just because he's on the broadcast. I don't turn the channel because he's not on the broadcast. None of the commentators make any difference to me. The commentators are not why I watch football. I can't watch the game without players but I sure can watch it with the sound off. Steven A. gets like 8 million a year and people watch his program because of him. CBS is paying Romo that insane amount and nobody is showing up because he's there.
He’s not worth it??? Come again? The market dictated his worth. He’s being paid according to his market value. He didn’t barge into CBS’ corporate offices wearing a ski mask, carrying a gun and demanding that money or else! He didn’t say, “This is a stickup...Pay me or you and the secretary gets it god**** it.!” No, they negotiated and agreed to give him that contract.

In some tech companies many salesman get paid waaay more than engineers. You buy the product because of the engineers that create and design them....not cause the salesman is cool

Last edited:
Advertisement
Put it another way. Are people not watching MNF because of Booger? Are they more likely to put the game on mute and thus affecting commercials (sponsors)?

If the answers to these questions are yes then Romo is worth it. If no then he’s not and I don’t want to hear any complaining in the future from networks or extra commercials from them because of bad business decisions.

Wtf? I had no idea talking heads made that much. Good God.
They generally dont, but ESPN was about to make an aggressive run at Romo and put him on MNF. CBS' hand was kinda forced into overpaying.

Had ESPN not been circling, CBS probably couldve gotten away with paying him 8 to 10 mil per year.

Advertisement
I find Chris Collingsworth's chatter to be annoying as ****... I'll take Romo over him big time.

Tony Romo got paid big time for one reason. Joe Tessitore Blows Goats.

If eSPIN was willing to pay up big for Romo, it’s because they know the “Tess and Boog Show” ain’t cutting the cheese. And they are right. MNF last season made me think of the days of Kornheiser with a quaint, fond reminiscence.

Advertisement
I am a giants fan so I hate any cowgirl, but Romo is the best analyst in the business. I am not going to actively seek out his games, but schitty analysts like that one lispy guy for CFB or beth Mowins will get me to flip the channel unless its a game I really want to see. And honestly if I am just flipping through games, I would probably be more likely to watch a game Romo is announcing. Either way, you are acting like he is getting paid 170 million a season. 17 Mill a season is very reasonable, considering how much money those games bring in.

Advertisement
Don’t know what he makes, but it’s not enough. That Saint should be the richest man in the world.
If I didn't already love the guy... his reaction to being inducted confirms that the man is a Saint... St. Jimmy will be canonized.

I watch less and less football every year. The game is changing way too much. I didn't watch one second of the Super Bowl this year. So this affects me in no way. Unless I am somehow paying for Romo's salary in some weird cable fee way?

If I didn't already love the guy... his reaction to being inducted confirms that the man is a Saint... St. Jimmy will be canonized.

And, to be fair, while he may not have as many zero’s to his net worth, in a certain way of measuring “wealth”, he kicks Bill Gates’ *** six ways to Sunday.
JimmyJohnson2.jpg

And, to be fair, while he may not have as many zero’s to his net worth, in a certain way of measuring “wealth”, he kicks Bill Gates’ *** six ways to Sunday.
JimmyJohnson2.jpg
Brother... he’s got heart and soul like no other... and that’s priceless.

Advertisement
Back