BREAKING: Jason Blissett Commits To Miami

View as article
And what percentage of power 5 scholarships (on average) per year does the espn 300 make up? Are you sure you want to make the case against a group that out performs its representation in the total group (assuming average of 25 scholarships per team per year average) by double?
Uh-oh...I smell an algorithm coming up.

Advertisement
Uh, we have gotten plenty of kids over the past few years OSU, PSU, and Michigan have wanted. 2/3 of of 2018 class had offers from elite schools. And we just beat Michigan for Solomon and Couch.

Go back to lurking
What ever makes you feel better. So you say only 66% of our commits have elite offers I would say 50% of those players are/were plan B for other schools. We are not stock piling talent we are stock piling red shirt candidates. Guess since the shannon days we all should just fall in line and be excited for all the 10-12 diamonds in the rough we have comitted. Everyone just whiffed on these kids but richt is ahead of the curve. I have total faith richt and Diaz will turn these kids into all Americans. Just based off the all ameriacans we have had in the last 3 years. We winning it all within the next 3 years.

1537009882029.gif

Welcome to the U

I know the season just started but for anyone in the know, how have our dt recruits done so far?

I didn't hype a single thing. I presented you with factual data of which I have done the research into and have the database. I also showed that the ESPN300- which is a lot of players- couldn't even get 50% of the All-Conference players in the Power-5 conferences.

This isn't even baking into the results the bias that the lists have in regards to SEC schools and the Ohio State's of the world. ESPN has a vested interest in the SEC, so those schools naturally get bias towards their players on these lists.

A few things...because we need to frame this discussion.

#1 - Defensive Line
#2 - From the ACC, SEC, and Big 10. Why? Because THIS is OUR competition. No offense, but I couldn't care less what the Pac12 and Big12 do. Plus, we don't actively recruit against or play against these teams.

With that said...

If you look at the DL players that made the 2017 All-Conference teams (First and Second Teams)...here is some data for you.

Star Rating Average - 3.96 (essentially, a four star player)
Prospect Grade Average (per 247) - .9216
**From 247 - 97 - 90 = Four-star prospect. One of the top 300 players in the nation. This prospect will be an impact-player for his college team. He is an All-American candidate who is projected to play professionally.

The prospects below 4* came from Miss St, Ole Miss, NC State (Bradley Chubb, who was a 6'2" 205 OLB in HS), Wake Forest, Wisconsin, and...MIAMI (RJ McIntosh). So, when I say I don't want to compare ourselves to Wake Forest...I mean it.

I am sorry, but I stand 100% firm in my belief that rummaging the three-star aisle and loading up our class with them is a waste of time or its a sign that we simply can't get anyone better. Either way, the "smartest guy in the room" or this is all we can get...its pretty disheartening and damning to this, and previous staffs.

Advertisement
I am sorry, but I stand 100% firm in my belief that rummaging the three-star aisle and loading up our class with them is a waste of time or its a sign that we simply can't get anyone better. Either way, the "smartest guy in the room" or this is all we can get...its pretty disheartening and damning to this, and previous staffs.

Welcome to the reality that Miami hasn't finished in the top 10 in 15 years. We will not be gifted a fix for this. It's gonna take a lot of work and some time to turn the ship around.

I still reside in New York City, friend.

Then I have no issue with you at all. It is perfectly okay to love and rep your home. My Mom, RIP, was from Brooklyn and still smacks the back of my head when I trash New Yorkers. My problems are the seemingly endless number of them living in South Florida signing Hosannas about the city they refuse to live in. Between them and the our Cubans friends, especially my father in law, RIP, praising the pearl of the Caribbean all these decades that crap gets old. Enjoy my friend.

What ever makes you feel better. So you say only 66% of our commits have elite offers I would say 50% of those players are/were plan B for other schools. We are not stock piling talent we are stock piling red shirt candidates. Guess since the shannon days we all should just fall in line and be excited for all the 10-12 diamonds in the rough we have comitted. Everyone just whiffed on these kids but richt is ahead of the curve. I have total faith richt and Diaz will turn these kids into all Americans. Just based off the all ameriacans we have had in the last 3 years. We winning it all within the next 3 years.

Your name...is very troll like.
Not saying you are a troll...but if you were a troll that’s the kind of name a troll would pick.

Last edited:
Advertisement
But how are you deciding who the best players are? Are you deciding by stars?

Did you know: Only 41.4% (111 of 268) of the All-Conference players from 2017 for Power-5 schools were ESPN300 kids?

SEC: 62 of 101 players (61.4%) This includes 2016 All-Conference
ACC: 17 of 49 players (34.7%)
Pac-12: 13 of 38 players (34.2%)
Big-10: 12 of 45 players (26.7%)
Big-12: 5 of 27 players (18.5%)

If recruiting rankings can't even get 50% of the All-Conference kids, is that how we are evaluating? There were more 3-star kids from ESPN that were All-Conference than players from their 300.

Very misleading. There are more 3-star kids than ESPN 300 kids, so the ratio is going to seem that way.

But the data does show teams that recruit better tend to do better.

Definately in my opinion. He has quickness and good hand technique. He isnt strong. Paradise one on ones went similar to this. He cold win reps on his get off..but if i guy gets hands on him he was stoned. I like the take. If your running an aggresive get up the field system..he fits the mold more so than a Daxon.

Even more not impressed. @Zbrod95 was this the film you wanted me to watch?

Definately in my opinion. He has quickness and good hand technique. He isnt strong. Paradise one on ones went similar to this. He cold win reps on his get off..but if i guy gets hands on him he was stoned. I like the take. If your running an aggresive get up the field system..he fits the mold more so than a Daxon.

I said the exact same thing, hes quick and has good hands, but hes lack brute strength. I don't know if building strength will be hard for him.

Advertisement
I said the exact same thing, hes quick and has good hands, but hes lack brute strength. I don't know if building strength will be hard for him.
kid probably has no real training program at Poly. he didnt go there for football, he went there for academics.

Advertisement
Y'all shouldnt worry about strength for a kid still in hs

Bar Milo the only kid I know that can't get stronger

Advertisement
Back