BREAKING - Ed Orgeron Signs Massive Extension at LSU

Advertisement
$7M for a guy that wasnt their first choice when hired and was on the 'hot seat' just a year ago!? Oh and his OC/DC both just left.. along with his Heisman winning QB..

Good luck lol

Advertisement
Yeah, it’s hard to be completely sold on Orgeron with his Ole Miss stint. Especially with both of his coordinators leaving.

Plus his buyout was already supposed to be huge.

Last edited:
Giant contracts and extensions are almost never worth it at any position in any sport. The better pray he is one of the exceptions

Advertisement
They will be regretting that now that their golden boy is going to the nfl. Buyout will be massive

so, Joe Brady took the concept with him too? I mean, he didn't teach them ANYTHING while he was there? They didn't retain ANYTHING from Brady? Come on, bro.

Joe Burrow did him a solid in his Heisman speech. Said LSU needed to give him a lifetime contract, then he won the title.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait until my 40 for 40 comes out about Ed's time in Miami. LSU will need to spend just as much on a p-r firm after the tapes are released of that accent saying "Well lookah here. She walked into dat dere door. I would nevah hit a woman, sonny!".

Good for him. He really deserves it. Now he'll get to live life on the other side of the high profile fence while still being in Saban's SEC East

Good for him. He really deserves it. Now he'll get to live life on the other side of the high profile fence while still being in Saban's SEC East

Not sure Orgeron “earned” this contract extension any more than Gene Chizik “earned” an extension after 2010.

The similarities between the 2 are a bit uncanny. Both did badly at a previous HC job. But then they got a star QB and star offensive assistant at their new job, and won a NC. Now Orgeron, like Chizik, is losing his star QB and offensive assistant.

We’ll see what happens.

Advertisement
Back