Breaking down the numbers........

1CN

Sophomore
I just dont see Miami taking 20 player in 2012 Class, 14-18 is the number Golden
place out there...

1(QB) Olson [ This will bring our number to 5 a number Golden like]

1(RB) Collins , [we are only losing James after next season]

2(WR) AJL , Kearse [KT is a SR. /JK can still play many position so he's no lock here]

2(TE) Standish Dobard , _____ [w/ limited talent is on this roster, I prefer TE/WR and TE /OT ]

2(OL) _____,(G)______ [ I like to see UM sign 3 but with limited S'ship and 2 SR. on the way out]

Defense

1/0 (DE) _____ high profile DE only

3(DT) Keith Bryant ,______ ,______ [ With Alex moving to C and one Sr.
Miami still need 3 high profile DT. This is were Championship are won ]

2(LB) ______ , ______ [ My source tell me we already have two silence ]

1/0 (CB) _______ high profile CB

3 (S) _______ , _______ , Ray Lewis III [two sr. on the way out ,Golden need to find a 4/5 star
kid who ready to compete for a Starting job ]

that 16-18 spots

C.White ,B.Sanders ,D.Perry ,L.Robinson,H. Wells
Most improve and contribute to the team or they could be on the move....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Every indication is that we're gonna take 2 RBs. Look at how many we've offered and how we're recruiting the position. Our RB depth chart in 2013 will be Clements-Duke-Dillard and maybe Dallas Crawford. We need 2.

Advertisement
Every indication is that we're gonna take 2 RBs. Look at how many we've offered and how we're recruiting the position. Our RB depth chart in 2013 will be Clements-Duke-Dillard and maybe Dallas Crawford. We need 2.

That was my only difference of opinion as well. It seems like we want 2 but at the same time, we wanted an extra one last year and didnt get it.

I think we need at least 2 rb's as well. I like Collins a lot and we need to bring in another workhorse type with serious speed. Duke to me is more of a 3rd down guy.

Golden said 18-20 a few months ago similar to FSU class last year of 19.

the way i see it

QB 1 Olsen

RB 2 Collins,

WR 2-3 Cunningham,Kearse,Kermit

TE 2 Dobard, Travis Johnson
OL 2 Denver Kirkland,

1 DE

DT 3 Bryant,Bostwick, Bain or Senat
2 LB Thomas,
CB 1 Mackensie Alexander is starting to look good for UM
S 2 Carter, Mackenroe Alexander
ATH 1 Ray Lewis

Advertisement
QB Kevin Olsen

RB Alex Collins

WR Stacey Coley

TE Standish Dobard
TE ??????????? C.Morgan?

OL D.Kirkland
OL ??????????
OL ????????

DE ?????????

DT Keith Bryant
DT/DE Jaynard Bostwick
DT Quay Bain

LB Matthew Thomas
LB Jermaine Grace

CB Mackenzie Alexander

S Jamal Carter
S/CB Artie Burns
S/LB Mackenro Alexander

ATH Jayron Kearse
ATH Angelo Jean-Louis
ATH Kermit Whitfield
ATH Ray Lewis III

22 kids and an epic class...I think we'll have room for 20 after attrition. We have space for 11 kids assuming every single player on the roster with eligibility remaining returns, which we know will not happen. 8-10 kids leave the program early via transfer/draft every year. Golden is going to squeeze every kid he can into this class with the scholarship limitations likely coming. It's going to lead to some tough decisions on some of the upperclassmen that arent contributing much.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Botts is a senior. So unless that kid from STA who walked on 2 years ago (name escapes me) gets a scholarship, we're gonna need a punter. Goudis is all we have coming back next year and I don't want to force everything on him like Bosher had to him.

yup, I left off the kicker. we need to bring in a P/PK unless they feel Hopfinger or some other walk-on can hold the job

I just dont see Miami taking 20 player in 2012 Class, 14-18 is the number Golden
place out there...

2(WR) AJL , Kearse [KT is a SR. /JK can still play many position so he's no lock here]

2(TE) Standish Dobard , _____ [w/ limited talent is on this roster, I prefer TE/WR and TE /OT ]

2(OL) _____,(G)______ [ I like to see UM sign 3 but with limited S'ship and 2 SR. on the way out]

Defense

3 (S) _______ , _______ , Ray Lewis III [two sr. on the way out ,Golden need to find a 4/5 star

that 16-18 spots

Your list looks dead on except RB. I think Golden wants to take 2. I read an interview with A.J. Thurman that he said Canes coaches told him he had a spot if he wants it.

Also you don't think we're take Cunningham/Coley at WR

Who are the LBs?

Advertisement
place out there...

Defense

that 16-18 spots

Your list looks dead on except RB. I think Golden wants to take 2. I read an interview with A.J. Thurman that he said Canes coaches told him he had a spot if he wants it.

Also you don't think we're take Cunningham/Coley at WR

Who are the LBs?

No DOUBT were take Coley if he can make it in.....
Cunningham is playing a dangerous game....He need to commit
My prediction is just that a projection ,of what I feel the class will look like

but Coley want in ,He's in but then you take away a CB or DE or ect...

Maybe Cory White or David Perry can become that blocking TE we need
if not ,then it's business .....Then add in another slot....MAx is 18 IMO not 20

From what I heard Six and Grace are 80% Canes (maybe I should not have use silent)
These guys want to see other school
but Miami is in the lead....

I hope Golden add a 2 DT(high profile) in every class ,a big nasty 330 pound with a mean streak
same go for the OL..............

Last edited:
i'd like for us to get Travis Johnson out of Tampa as a TE/WR.

i believe were going for 2 rbs...and we likely will have to recruit 4 with the shakiness of Alex Collins.

We realistically might need 3 safeties....Artie Burns likely a safety recruit and will be a good one....Jamal Carter is Big time....Ahmad Thomas (miami Central)..Simeon Thomas(Carol City) are guys i'll watch..and if they camp here can earn an offer....I'll also bring in Mackenro Alexander if his bro commits also. A safety class of Artie Burns, Jamal Carter,Mackenro Alexander would be pretty good.Ahmad Thomas likely would commit on the spot with an offer

i'll take one cb if its Mackensie Alexander,Vernon Hargreaves(longshot)...theres a sleeper out of Ely(Reshad Robinson) and Adrian Baker out of Chaminade

three lbs...and i thnk we would bring in 3 every year....you guy forget we will run a hybrid defense 4-3 along with 3-4. To do that you need a lot of diff bodies at Lb/DE.
Matthew Thomas is a definate we need to be all over that kid. ..he's a hybrid de/olb for us.

Like Jermaine Grace out of Miramar..he has heigt but is a bit undersize..but he can RUN...another outside guy..he and Anthony Walker(Miami Pace) should fight for a spot

George D-BO Williams can we sign him up NOW....kid looks just like Perryman did...hits like a rock...a 5'11 220 pd Beast...Michael Hutchings a national guy love his game...longshot to pull but i recruit all the way thru...Michael Deeb big size...can he fit our scheme? guess we'll see him in camp. Those are the inside backers...

2 de's...Dont like the talent we have their but will have to see them play this yr..Like the national guys were recruiting....if not ..i'd fall bak with Jordan Sherit out of Tampa..and my sleeper in Alvonte Bell(Everglades)

3 dts...The killer B's...Bryant, Bostwick, Bain....one goes elsewhere...replace them with Senat. Ivie is a darkhorse.(probably uf lean)

whenever someone says source.....just laff

especially when they can't use english very well either

Advertisement
Back