Breaking down the numbers........

I just dont see Miami taking 20 player in 2012 Class, 14-18 is the number Golden
place out there...

1(QB) Olson [ This will bring our number to 5 a number Golden like]

1(RB) Collins , [we are only losing James after next season]

2(WR) AJL , Kearse [KT is a SR. /JK can still play many position so he's no lock here]

2(TE) Standish Dobard , _____ [w/ limited talent is on this roster, I prefer TE/WR and TE /OT ]

2(OL) _____,(G)______ [ I like to see UM sign 3 but with limited S'ship and 2 SR. on the way out]

Defense

1/0 (DE) _____ high profile DE only

3(DT) Keith Bryant ,______ ,______ [ With Alex moving to C and one Sr.
Miami still need 3 high profile DT. This is were Championship are won ]

2(LB) ______ , ______ [ My source tell me we already have two silence ]

1/0 (CB) _______ high profile CB

3 (S) _______ , _______ , Ray Lewis III [two sr. on the way out ,Golden need to find a 4/5 star
kid who ready to compete for a Starting job ]

that 16-18 spots

C.White ,B.Sanders ,D.Perry ,L.Robinson,H. Wells
Most improve and contribute to the team or they could be on the move....

we well need a punter and probably a kicker also......taking 2 spots

we will have 80 on schollie this year......planning to take a hit of 5 due to sanctions......and my feeling is 5 a year for 3 years

we have 12 seniors

that will take us down to 68

if we lose 2-3 more to the NFL/transfer that will give us 14-15 max

you have to figure on 2 spots for a punter and a kicker......unless we can find another matt bosher.....but those kids who can kick and punt that well are rare

so you have to figure on the worst case scenario.......which is 12-13......11-12 counting AJL

any other spots we can free up beyond that are a bonus

While I agree with the spirit of your post I will be really ****ed off if we get whacked with 15 scholies. Is it just me or does 15 seem excessive all thing considered?
i dont think 15 is excessive at all

ive said all along that we probably wind up getting hit about the same way USC did

if it works out better......great

Advertisement
Advertisement
We might need a punter, although Hopfinger could earn one for next year. But we should at least be looking/recruiting one for this class now.

We might need a punter, although Hopfinger could earn one for next year. But we should at least be looking/recruiting one for this class now.
hes never been a punter........and like i said.....its rare to find a kid like bosher who can do both so well

at the very least we need to replace botts........we do have matt goudis......so may with him and hopfinger we only take a punter.......but that wont change the fact that we are still likely gonna only be able to sign around a dozen kids

Advertisement
Botts has 2 years left
:rollcanes:
:rollcanes:

no he doesnt

hes a senior....he was a transfer

he went to bakersfield college and moorpark cc before he came here

it amazes me how clueless some of our "fans" can be......even when it comes to basic **** like this

Last edited:
be easy NJ, Perryman has inside connections and info about the team. he's the one who told us about the coaching changes that golden made on the staff.

wait...........

Botts has 2 years left.......

Dalton Botts
13 Dalton Botts
Class:
Senior

Hometown:
Taft, Calif.
Last College:
Moorpark CC

Height / Weight:
6-3 / 207
Position:
Punter
once again.......hes a senior.......he doesnt have 2 years left

the NCAA gives you 5 years to play 4......he played 1 year at bakersfield......1 year at moorpark......and this will be his second year at miami

1+1+2=4........hes done

idiot

Last edited:
Advertisement
Botts is done, Goudis has 3 years left after this year so we probably need a punter.

That said I'll throw down some money we sign 17+ in 2013.

be easy NJ, Perryman has inside connections and info about the team. he's the one who told us about the coaching changes that golden made on the staff.

wait...........
which changes were those?

i must have missed them

im also curious as to who his "inside" connections are

Botts is done, Goudis has 3 years left after this year so we probably need a punter.

17+??

so you are counting on no schollie reductions from the NCAA??

Last edited:
Advertisement

17+??

so you are counting on no schollie reductions from the NCAA??

Im not counting on anything. I believe we will sign 17+ and willing to bet with anyone on it.
based on what????

again

we are playing with 80 schollie kids this year........in anticipation of a loss of 5 via sanctions

we have 12 seniors

80-12=68

if we lose 3 to the nfl/transfer/get the **** off my team thats 68-3=65

80-65 =15 available slots

AJL takes one of them.......that leaves 14 available spots

we sign a punter to replace botts thats 13 spots left

depending on how well goudis and hopfinger do this year we may wind up signing a kicker as well......which would take us to 12 open spots

so unless we dont lose anymore than 5 schollie via sanctions or suddenly run off another 4 or 5 kids in addition to the 3 ive already accounted for.........12-13 is the more realistic number

you are looking at the absolute best possible scenario and not the most likely or worst case scenario

if you are counting on the best possible scenario........you are dannytard......because thats all he ever does

its time people started being more realistic and actually looked at things logically

Welcome to put money up if your so confident. I've bet/paid 2 people on here in the past (D$). I'll take 17+, you the under. Should be easy money for you, no reason not to do it.

Welcome to put money up if your so confident. I've bet/paid 2 people on here in the past (D$). I'll take 17+, you the under. Should be easy money for you, no reason not to do it.
as i said alot of **** can happen......injuries......kids becoming a complete waste and getting run off......but lets revisit this in a few months when we have a better idea of what the attrition #s could look like and schollie losses will be......because as i said.....that number could certainly go up........alot of **** can happen over the next 6 months that will determine what happens in feb

but the staff is counting on a class in the 14-15 range for next year

and as i said im being realistic......you are counting on the best possible scenario

i wont be disappointed in the best case scenario but im going to expect the worst case scenario

Advertisement
Back