BREAKING - Bo Pelini to LSU as DC, Blake Baker staying at UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pelini got fired so there is new information to talk about and I'm not going to start a new thread when there was already a thread made about him
Post in the Coaching Carousel thread.

Advertisement
That's because LSU's BOT cares about football. They know that if they put out a winning product, that's good for the university. Wish we had that same dedication from our BOT.
Canadian Agree GIF by CBC

Advertisement
That's because LSU's BOT cares about football. They know that if they put out a winning product, that's good for the university. Wish we had that same dedication from our BOT.

LSU’s BOT, a public state school, cares about football because they overpaid millions to hire a washed up mental patient to run their defense into the ground.

The jokes just write themselves on this site.

LSU’s BOT, a public state school, cares about football because they overpaid millions to hire a washed up mental patient to run their defense into the ground.

The jokes just write themselves on this site.

LSU won a championship last year. Miami hasn't won one in 20 years.

When LSU makes a mistake, they fix it and move on. That's what you do when you care about winning. Meanwhile Miami gives Al Golden an extension and keeps Jon Richt on as the QB coach for multiple years.

You make of that what you will.

Pelini got fired so there is new information to talk about and I'm not going to start a new thread when there was already a thread made about him
Even if the thread title has another person where there’s no new news? Very misleading but either that’s the point or you don’t GAF.

Advertisement
LSU won a championship last year. Miami hasn't won one in 20 years.

When LSU makes a mistake, they fix it and move on. That's what you do when you care about winning. Meanwhile Miami gives Al Golden an extension and keeps Jon Richt on as the QB coach for multiple years.

You make of that what you will.

You are such a selective bullsh!te artist.

Are you blaming the UM Board of Trustees for giving Al Golden "an extension"? Golden was given a 5-year contract when he was hired. He was fired in Year 5. The "extension", while costing UM some money, did not actually or artificially extend Golden's tenure. The "extension" is just the cost of doing business in the Power 5, it is incredibly rare to let a Power 5 head coach go into his final contract year without an extension.

As for "Miami" and the "keeping" of Jon Richt, that was on Mark Richt. He had the power to hire and fire a position coach, and it wasn't a "Board of Trustees" issue.

You are such a selective bullsh!te artist.

Are you blaming the UM Board of Trustees for giving Al Golden "an extension"? Golden was given a 5-year contract when he was hired. He was fired in Year 5. The "extension", while costing UM some money, did not actually or artificially extend Golden's tenure. The "extension" is just the cost of doing business in the Power 5, it is incredibly rare to let a Power 5 head coach go into his final contract year without an extension.

As for "Miami" and the "keeping" of Jon Richt, that was on Mark Richt. He had the power to hire and fire a position coach, and it wasn't a "Board of Trustees" issue.

Not really blaming them. Actually I understand the Golden situation since we were under investigation. I didn't like Golden as a coach, but I understand the case for needing stability at that time. So as a football fan I didn't like it, but as an organizational leader I would probably have done the same thing given the circumstances.

I'm more giving a compliment to LSU for acknowledging and fixing a mistake as quickly as they did with Pelini. I don't see that kind of decisiveness very often, in any organization. But I see admitting a mistake and moving on from it quickly as a good trait.

My biggest gripe with the BOT is I think Julio Frenk was a terrible hire. They need to cut their losses and move the university forward - Bo Pelini style. Since this is a football board, I'll give this example - I would never have trusted the Athletic Department to Blake James, who was not qualified when he took over the job and hasn't inspired much confidence since. I don't understand that hire.

I literally haven't donated a dime to the athletic department since the indoor facility, mostly because I just don't trust Blake James to manage the athletic department at all. I have some money to donate but I don't have Carol Soffer money, that's for sure. I'm in a position where I actually have to care that my gift will be productively spent, I can't just throw money to the wind.

They need to stop ****ing around and hire experienced professionals to run the ship. That's what I think.

Advertisement
Back