Braxton Berrios

Hurricanes_5

Band
Banned
Love the guy as a glue guy type of player but I cant see him playing over any of the other recievers anymore especially dont understand keeping him as the return guy. Alot of times games can be won with great special team plays and he just doesnt bring that. I know he doesnt make the stupid decisions but sometimes you need a game breaker.

Advertisement
You don't see him playing over which guys? Because he has the most experience on the team right now. Of course Richards is better, but what player on the current roster have you seen play in a college game for Miami, that is more dependable than Berrios? Kid doesn't drop any balls and can take a hit like a champion (see TD in the bowl game, got hit helmet to helmet, of course no targeting)

For kick off I agree, but punt return I don't mind him. Like I said, he will never drop a ball or make any stupid mistakes like I have seen other punt returners make on other teams.

Mistakes kill momentum. We don't need Berrios to take it to the house, we just need him to be serviceable.

Advertisement
Enough with this safe ****. This is the U. Get a burner back there who's a threat to take it to the house every time.

Plus, breaking in a new QB, we have no idea how the offense will do. Need someone who can at least advance the ball for better field position.

Enough with this safe ****. This is the U. Get a burner back there who's a threat to take it to the house every time.

Plus, breaking in a new QB, we have no idea how the offense will do. Need someone who can at least advance the ball for better field position.
Who do you suggest we put back there?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
While I understand the obsession with a game breaker, realistically, how many punts are "houseable'? With the situational punting and the speed of the cover teams. the overwhelming number of punts are kicked into a crowd. The most essential skill is to catch the ball so it does not hit the ground and roll. A punt returned needs to be quick.

While I understand the obsession with a game breaker, realistically, how many punts are "houseable'? With the situational punting and the speed of the cover teams. the overwhelming number of punts are kicked into a crowd. The most essential skill is to catch the ball so it does not hit the ground and roll. A punt returned needs to be quick.

Guys tend to block for big play ability guys

We got bigger fish to fry. He's a senior who has worked hard. What would "removing him" do for us? My goodness some people here up the anti even when it doesn't seem like it can be upped.

Advertisement
Berrios can play.
With all the attention Richards is going to get, a hard worker like Berrios is key.
Who knows with these incoming WR what they can or will bring.
Remember Sam Bruce we thought he would come in and be a great return guy and WR and he never saw the field and is no longer on the team.
Berrios is a proven player on this team and he will help us win games next year.
He is the kind of player that will do anything to win a game.
He blocks when he isn't thrown the ball, he does the little things that help you win.

Meh. Berrios is underwhelming all around. He's shown pretty decent hands (besides the dropped game winning touchdown against FSU) but he gets little separation on the outside and gets shoved around by bigger DBs. I appreciate his steadiness at PR but there were at least 8-10 fair catches called last year with no defender withing ten yards of him. His punt return average was pretty good but a lot of that had to do with the fact that he'd only return punts when he had a boatload of room.

Advertisement
No, no. Berrios can play. He just needs to be targeted more. He also is a great role model for the young pups. Extremely hard worker and straight 'A' student.

Glad to know someone watches the games.

I agree. The first priority on a punt return is to secure possession. Now if we have a lead and the punt won't be fielded inside the 20, then I wouldn't mind throwing one of the young burners out there. Close games and inside the 20, let's stick with old reliable Berrios.

Advertisement
Back