Braxton Berrios doing better than I thought

Advertisement
He’s being used the exact same way in the league as he was at Miami. Slot/KR/PR guy. He was always one of the better Return men while here. Dude had Malik throwing him passes as a SR. He always had a gear. It’s similar to the KJ Osborn thing when ppl thought he was just a JAG when he had Kosi and jarren at QB. I’m not surprised by either guys transition to the league
The FSU game his senior year. He was huge in that game. Soooo many clutch plays especially late in the game

I'm gladly eating crow on this one. He turned out way better than I thought. Looks like he's worked on his explosion a little bit.
Now I'm starting to think we underutilized him.
We werent running a true spread so that would happen alot.. Someone linked our all time receiving yards numbers earlier and it makes you shake your head how we missed the spread revolution the last decade. A guy like Jaxon smith njigba would be dam near top 10-15 range just this season alone..

Bro we had Hester on sideline majority of his career here, cuz he couldnt learn plays the way they were taught. Complicated *** pro style bull**** that only confuses your own players while UNC defense laughs at how easy it is for them to defend and they shut it down after calling it out game week, smfh..

Go check out my post history; I’ve been very bullish & defending Berrios for a minute, including going back & forth w/ a certain nominated poster who said X would be better than Braxton.

Berrios was a super under appreciated WR here. He was misused for his first couple of seasons here, & finally was utilized appropriately his last yr here. Dude is all Cane, repped us well here, & is repping us well in The NFL.

Advertisement
Braxton looks faster & more explosive now. However, the biggest gripe Canes fans had was that Braxton almost NEVER ran back any of the kicks he received. He would catch the ball securely & that was it...no return was even attempted. It was actually pretty frustrating to watch at times.

Braxton was a true Cane & good WR for us though. Wish him continued success in the NFL.

Do not even ask me why New England didnt keep him. Their personnel and draft decisions have been wild in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Am glad Bill let someone else do the draft in 2021...

Advertisement
Dude deserves better than the Jets that’s for **** sure! NFL is taking notice, someone’s gonna scoop him up and get him on a winning franchise.

Pay Me GIF

Advertisement
I will always associate him on that 3-10 (maybe 4-10?) play against FSU (Langham game) where he caught it over the middle and the yellow line to gain got screwed up and like followed him at a diagonal angle so I had no clue if he made it or not. Great Cane, showed up in big games, misused until his final year.

Always been a fan of Berrios.

I was at Metlife Stadium this year for the Phins game. We were supposed to be on the field for pre-game and was hoping for an autograph or picture, but Covid protocols didn't allow that. We were able to spend time down at the entrance where players walk in for the "Jets Walk". When Berrios came in I flashed him the U. I couldn't get him to flash it back.....he laughed and said something like ah man i can't, probably bc they film all that stuff, but he pointed over to acknowledge the U.

It's really tough for me to root for Jets players but Braxton get an exception.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back