Braxton Berrios doing better than I thought

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm gladly eating crow on this one. He turned out way better than I thought. Looks like he's worked on his explosion a little bit.
Now I'm starting to think we underutilized him.

His short shuttle was elite dating back to high school. He was used wrong for many years by being put on the outside. He is a great slot WR. He also seems like he slimmed down some which probably has helped with his speed. Hands were always good

His short shuttle was elite dating back to high school. He was used wrong for many years by being put on the outside. He is a great slot WR. He also seems like he slimmed down some which probably has helped with his speed. Hands were always good
Yeah his shuttle was insane, like one of the fastest ever if i remember correctly.

Advertisement
First Jets player to score a receiving and rushing touchdown in a game . Crazy considering they had curtis martin

I'm gladly eating crow on this one. He turned out way better than I thought. Looks like he's worked on his explosion a little bit.
Now I'm starting to think we underutilized him.
We did except for his SR year here.

He was also fat for the first few years under Golden's weight program so there's that.

We did except for his SR year here.

He was also fat for the first few years under Golden's weight program so there's that.

He did tear his ACL at the end of his Senior year in HS, so that was setback. We also had talented WR's like Dorsett, Richards and Coley ahead of him.

Crazy thing is his Senior year the line was "he'd look great on the Patriots" who did actually draft him and it seemed like a perfect fit, but they cut him.

Then he winds up on the Jets who are a S Show of a franchise and seem like the worst fit...and he carves out a really nice role there. The NFL is crazy. I'm happy to see him having such a successful career.

Living in NY and dating a Culpo means he's absolutely winning at life too. Respect.

Last edited:
Advertisement
0FCC7AC7-C386-4FCB-9947-344D9AC63933.jpeg

Always been a plus athlete, health and proper utilization were the issues. Shuttle was below 4 seconds in HS I believe.

Advertisement
View attachment 170587
Always been a plus athlete, health and proper utilization were the issues. Shuttle was below 4 seconds in HS I believe.
He’s being used the exact same way in the league as he was at Miami. Slot/KR/PR guy. He was always one of the better Return men while here. Dude had Malik throwing him passes as a SR. He always had a gear. It’s similar to the KJ Osborn thing when ppl thought he was just a JAG when he had Kosi and jarren at QB. I’m not surprised by either guys transition to the league

Advertisement
Back