Brashard didn’t travel with team (Commits to SMU)

Advertisement
You know I’ve been a big fan of Smith, always thought he was mismanaged but now hearing this news about horrible grades and what he posted on social media about Rutgers kicking ***, no got **** way you should say that crap about your teammates like that. So if he is gone then good riddance.

Advertisement
He is garbage for that post but let’s be honest (which is impossible for many) he was literally the spark that could have won that game yesterday. Especially on special teams. I don’t see how a fan of the team we just witnessed yesterday could fix their face to say we don’t need the talent and production seen on his highlight tape.

Advertisement
He is garbage for that post but let’s be honest (which is impossible for many) he was literally the spark that could have won that game yesterday. Especially on special teams. I don’t see how a fan of the team we just witnessed yesterday could fix their face to say we don’t need the talent and production seen on his highlight tape.
He’s nothing that special. Robbie Washington is just as good or better and younger. This kid was all hype

He’s nothing that special. Robbie Washington is just as good or better and younger. This kid was all hype
Again. His highlights posted earlier speak for themselves. We call kids “nothing special“ who don’t have one highlight to post. “Special” is subjective, I wouldn’t call him special, but he definitely put the “special” in our special teams, and we could have used his ability yesterday.

I love Robbie Washington but he hasn’t produced anything yet. We can only assume or predict his performance ability. If there is a fanbase and program that should know that high school performance doesn’t always translate to college level success, it’s us. Who are we really to say a player with a highlight tape like that is expendable, did we not just see that game yesterday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Brashard Smith is a nice player. But he's a role player. A lot of you think more of him than he is or at least has been as a player. You guys project out the few splash plays he makes and believe he'll be some sort of dynamo if you just feed him more. I'm sure we're leaving a little on the table with him, but I am not sure you're getting a whole lot more from him other than the occasional splash play.

If players like Ray Ray Joseph, Ny Carr, or Rob Washington can't simply replace what Smith is giving you, then you ****ed up in your evals because you're not getting a ton from Smith in the first place.

All three of those players are at least one tier higher as prospects as well. Smith was a 247 rated 92. Rob Washington and Ray Ray are 94 low 4 to a mid 4 prospect upgrade. Ny Carr is a 95, even higher yet. If you're not getting 11ypc and a few touchdowns from that group, then idk what to tell you. Its not like we don't know what a stud in Shannon Dawson's offense is supposed to look like in this very role. There is an All-Rookie performer in the NFL who was literally doing what these guys are going to be asked to do right now. That's what you're looking for. Is that Brashard Smith? Probably not.
Correct.

Advertisement
Back