Brashard didn’t travel with team (Commits to SMU)

I don't see how we can keep him happy while keeping other (younger) slot guys (ray ray/washington/carr) happy too. perhaps it possible in a fast paced, super creative offense, but weren't that
💯 Our offense was such **** most of the year anytime someone did anything it was blown way out of proportion. We ain’t back until players like BS don’t even see the field. BS is replaceable as ****. The end.

Until we have Horace, Lamar, Darryl, Kevin, Christ T, Jonathan, Yatil, Santana, Reggie, Roscoe, Stacy or Philip. These guys were playmakers who made big plays in some big games. No one in the receiver room is replaceable YET. We still need these guys to become consistent. Jacolby and X have a chance next year. To be those consistent guys that defenses have to worry about. We just need to add another explosive threat.

Advertisement
I think he was underutilized because he’s a one trick pony who can only run tunnel / bubbles and 9 routes. From my experience playing and coaching football…I think Mario and Dawson didn’t trust him out there…I would bet he didn’t know the playbook or how to read coverages. There is almost always a reason guys don’t get burn and it’s usually because they don’t know what they’re doing every play.

He will transfer somewhere else and probably house a kick off or punt, take a bubble to the house and have an explosive go route for a touchdown…but what we saw this year is probably his ceiling production wise…just my opinion. Kiffin might elevate it
Canes didn’t really have a mentally stable Qb to throw him the ball. The fact that Van Yikes didn’t click with the receivers on a personal level outside of football was a real problem and I feel that the receivers felt disappointed, disenfranchised, disenchanted with how the Qb situation was handled. Van Yikes should have been let go to Bama. He ruined what could have been a great season. But 😤 thankfully the sun comes out tomorrow.

Until we have Horace, Lamar, Darryl, Kevin, Christ T, Jonathan, Yatil, Santana, Reggie, Roscoe, Stacy or Philip. These guys were playmakers who made big plays in some big games. No one in the receiver room is replaceable YET. We still need these guys to become consistent. Jacolby and X have a chance next year. To be those consistent guys that defenses have to worry about. We just need to add another explosive threat.
👀👀👀 No Andre Johnson??

I think he’s going to transfer… but it’s not set in stone just yet. Maybe cribby is right about grades or something else.. although another possible reason is your NIL contract also heavily influences transfer dates. If he left earlier than his NIL anniversary, he wouldn’t get paid

Could say that about the majority of the 23 class and about every college football player at some point.

Smith was at best our fourth receiver. Has zero wiggle, is a sloppy route runner, and gets dumb penalties. There’s a reason he wasn’t getting much burn

He’s very replaceable
Smith's route running in 2022 looked good to me. So allow sudden a year later he can't run routes?

Go Canes

Advertisement
Smith's route running in 2022 looked good to me. So allow sudden a year later he can't run routes?

Go Canes

Been saying he has improved as a route runner but once a narrative hits u, u have to do a complete 180 to prove it wrong. He’s not the route runner X or jacolby is but he’s not this terrible route runner everybody acting like, it’s really just cope for the fact we should have got him the ball more

Hopefully it's just a grade situation that he can put in the work in the spring and get back in the summer. his type of explosiveness, vision and balance doesn't just grow on palm trees. I was not a B. Smith fan until this year. But I could tell he has worked on his hands over the off season. his focus going forward should be his temperament and football IQ.

I hate to use a gaturd player comp but I could easily see him fit in a Percy Harvin mold. Line him up a little bit of everywhere to get him into space. it will also lead to occasional busts in coverage getting other guys open as the D tries to make adjustments.

Advertisement
Miami doesn’t win the Clemson orA&M games without Smith. His plays basically swung those games in my opinion. You never want to see guys who can take it to the house any time they touch the ball leave your team.

He is a manny recruit and also had costly penalties in games so I can see why both parties might decide to move on. He also probably wants more snaps. Ole Miss and Louisville have better offensive head coaches who will probably utilize him to the best of his abilities. Good luck if he leaves but the Canes are moving up and on either way .

This train ain’t slowing down for. Anyone
Love breshard but he does some dumb **** once a game and I’m shocked he only was flagged in the LVille game. Every time he is supposed to give the ref the ball I’ve seen him throw it at an opposing player can’t believe he wasn’t flagged at all this season for. Great player but seems like a bonehead that needs more discipline. With that said I hope he stays

Canes didn’t really have a mentally stable Qb to throw him the ball. The fact that Van Yikes didn’t click with the receivers on a personal level outside of football was a real problem and I feel that the receivers felt disappointed, disenfranchised, disenchanted with how the Qb situation was handled. Van Yikes should have been let go to Bama. He ruined what could have been a great season. But 😤 thankfully the sun comes out tomorrow.
Well said little Orphan Annie

We have players that can replace him and hopefully they are smarter than B. Smith. All they need is PT and some coaching.

Advertisement
Imo We have replacements but we need to figure out how to get the ball to them all to actually use speed to our advantage. We have a **** cheat code speed playcaller in town in Miami mike. Need to figure it out.

Advertisement

Go Canes

He ran 5 respectable routes in those two 20 minute clips.

2022 Middle tenn speed out, UNC dig, Virginia Dig.

2023 two routes, UNC fade and dig.

College Football Yes GIF by SEC Network

Treated by the fans? Or coaches
Coaches. I’m not an insider and this is all hearsay but from what I heard X was upset with his NIL given his production this year and on how he wasn’t invited to the Cam Ward dinner along with the other teammates. Which makes sense & I don’t recall seeing him in the photos. This may have all been resolved by now. Hopefully anyway.

Advertisement
Back