Brashard didn’t travel with team (Commits to SMU)

Elite kick returner, average receiver. There’s no doubt Smith has blazing straight line speed but that’s the beginning and end of his game. Not going to say we couldn’t use him because he’s explosive but the idea that he would have been a great receiver if given more snaps is just wishful thinking. One trick pony albeit his one trick is pretty good. There’s a reason why he didn’t return punts despite being one of the nation’s best kickoff returners.

Advertisement
Could say that about the majority of the 23 class and about every college football player at some point.

Smith was at best our fourth receiver. Has zero wiggle, is a sloppy route runner, and gets dumb penalties. There’s a reason he wasn’t getting much burn

He’s very replaceable

As much as i hate to agree this is the truth of it. Hard not to pay attention to it when you can rewind the game while watching(also why im hard on Colbie Young) His route running left a lot to be desired. Feet need major work.

I'll also say, he could have been used from a gadget perspective from far more creative plays than a wildcat run to the B gap 😮‍💨.

Should have been used to punish teams for keying our plays off MCCORMICK,trash ***, far more often. Wouldve kept defenses honest and kept Marios Ground game more consistent. Dawson had some decent looks but most werent creative or horribly executed

I don't see how we can keep him happy while keeping other (younger) slot guys (ray ray/washington/carr) happy too. perhaps it possible in a fast paced, super creative offense, but weren't that

Advertisement
there’s been grades stuff floating around. I’ve heard for weeks Ole Miss and UL have been on him hard but if he was set on leaving why wouldn’t he be in the portal already? That adds some credence to the grades talk.
That’s alright. He can fix that during spring and summer. NO HARM NO FOUL.

Still waiting for William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor and Millard Fillmore to weigh in here, those are some big Whigs.
@301cane As a history buff that really likes American history I applaud the concept of the joke. However, because you pulled directly from Wikipedia:

How Can I Help You Reaction GIF by Polizei Rheinland-Pfalz

(an alternate time period appropriate gif)

Wild West Smile GIF by GritTV

@DTP Thanks for being on the lookout.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unfortunate-It’s the state of college football now if your unhappy or not playing enough your most likely gonna bolt-

Fortunately we have some pretty good reinforcements-

He did help us win some games as well he had some terrible penalties-

Wish him well either way.

I'm assuming this is a grade thing. He would have already hit the portal. I don't believe he is waiting for whose the QB and is able to skip the bowl game. No way Mario would allow him back. Until he hits the portal I am not not even going to give this a thought

Advertisement
Could say that about the majority of the 23 class and about every college football player at some point.

Smith was at best our fourth receiver. Has zero wiggle, is a sloppy route runner, and gets dumb penalties. There’s a reason he wasn’t getting much burn

He’s very replaceable
💯 Our offense was such **** most of the year anytime someone did anything it was blown way out of proportion. We ain’t back until players like BS don’t even see the field. BS is replaceable as ****. The end.

He hasn’t been practicing so of course he’s not playing . I’ve hinted at this a couple times in my thread. If he hits the portal watch Ole Miss or UL. Nothing has been decided.
I truly think the whole situation sucks. He is going into his senior year and feels he has to go to another program when he should be ready to have his best year as a Cane. He wasn't utilized enough and that falls squarely on Dawsons shoulders. This is the part of this new era that I find distasteful and I think it facking sucks!

Unless he is injured, very sick or has a family issue that he cleared with the staff he should not have a choice on the portal if he skips practice and the bowl game. Mario should tell him thanks for his effort the last few years and clear his locker out. He doesn't get to come back after "taking time to make a decision and waiting to see how the QB situation clears up". I don't care who it is on the team, you let that slide and you lose control and ruin culture which Mario has fixed a lot in this last season.
It's too bad cause he does have talent, but if we are recruiting at a high level (which we are now), he can be replaced. Guys could maybe enter portal after the bowl game and not like their options and get to return, but not after skipping a game even if the bowls are stupid now.
I fux with this.

Advertisement
Back