Brandon Powell decommitment??

Powell has 217 total yards at UF....don't care.

One he was a true freshman so just getting on the field is a big deal. Second my take on recruiting is get as many athletes as possible and finding a place for them once they are on your roster and Powell is an athlete. Powell could be playing CB (his best position and a position where we severely lacking depth) for us this year.

I also think it was smart to move him to slot receiver. Another position where he could be helping us by providing depth and competition for Berrios.

So you can't simply look at his lack of numbers his freshman year and judge the loss as insignificant because on our team he could of had a vastly different role and impact.

yep not to mention he could play rb, slot wr, or cb

take em and find a position later

same thing with cronk he could play multiple positions too and we told him no thanks? smh dexter williams is even worse that kid could be a stud at ND

Last edited:
Advertisement
Total b.s., talked to his dad about this last year. Florida was his dream school and offered late, it was a no brainer for him and NOTHING to do with the Canes or staff.

I Call BS. The kid had a graduation party all Cane stuff. Next day PSU story dropped on Rivals. 2 days later his family packed his stuff and showed up on Miami campus. They were told to wait. AL stayed silent. Gators offered a landing slot.

Total b.s., talked to his dad about this last year. Florida was his dream school and offered late, it was a no brainer for him and NOTHING to do with the Canes or staff.

I Call BS. The kid had a graduation party all Cane stuff. Next day PSU story dropped on Rivals. 2 days later his family packed his stuff and showed up on Miami campus. They were told to wait. AL stayed silent. Gators offered a landing slot.

Again, I talked to Brian, his dad, regarding this and he wanted Gates from the beginning. We can have a beer over it at a tailgate next year if you want but that's from him, I have known Brian for most of my life and trust what he says about his son more than our rumor mill site. He had a pretty solid frosh year though, very versatile.

Semper Canes!!!

If the kid is still talking about us this long after then he has bigger problems than his horse-toofed corch telling him that he's gonna be a "playmaker" and not just a situational wideout.

Advertisement
That's the cover up to him being bought to come to UF. They gotta have another story to go by in case people get curious. We weren't goigg to flip Sony. The randomness of the call and how quick he committed screams shadiness. Then again it's an SEC school so what do we expect

Brandon Powell's de-commitment to this day is a bit mysterious. All I can tell you is that it appears to be, at least in part, related to the "AG to PSU". What's curious is that he committed to Florida after it was widely known that AG was out of the running for the PSU job and reconfirmed his desire to be at Miami.

Advertisement
This same guy said he also had to feed the fam. .....and that he had struggles or hard times no one else could understand or something...and that's why he was going to UF.

Can you really believe anything he says?

Wasn't Powell the one being recruited? Wasn't he the one all set to enroll? Wouldn't he be the one who was dealing with the stooges at UM? Even when you hear it from the horses mouth you still won't accept the truth. It's been proven time and again the stupid stuff Golden does, see Bain, and you still want to question a kid revelations. Get your head out of Golden's rear *******.

It's been confirmed to me (from D$ himself last year) this was an admissions issue pure and simple. Had nothing to do with Golden and staff.

It's been confirmed to me (from D$ himself last year) this was an admissions issue pure and simple. Had nothing to do with Golden and staff.

Kid had a high 3.x gpa, and was able to get into UF in a matter of hours. If this was an admissions issue, it was deliberate. Miami is not at the apex of academic selectivity. He was a no brainer to get in, and if his paperwork wasn't ready just like all of the other early enrollees it simply wasn't as high a priority of our staff, the staff failed at watching his academic progress because he missed an obscure class ONLY miami needed, or was a deliberate delay in hopes of filling the spot with someone else at the direction of the staff.

Kid had a high 3.x gpa, and was able to get into UF in a matter of hours. If this was an admissions issue, it was deliberate. Miami is not at the apex of academic selectivity. He was a no brainer to get in, and if his paperwork wasn't ready just like all of the other early enrollees it simply wasn't as high a priority of our staff, the staff failed at watching his academic progress because he missed an obscure class ONLY miami needed, or was a deliberate delay in hopes of filling the spot with someone else at the direction of the staff.

ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY

Advertisement
LMAO @ admissions.

While that wouldn't surprise me, it aint necessarily an excuse that flies with fans.

Let's be honest, the kids got into UF in a few hours.

What could possibly be the discrepancy that prevented his admission to UM? LOL, total bull****.

Advertisement
Back