Brandon Powell decommitment??

While that would suck I guess I cant blame them for rolling dice on the longshot chance of getting Cook if it potentially cost them Powell. Some gambles are worth it.
What I dont trust is that staffs ability to read that situation properly ahead of time.

Advertisement
Coach Golden made the mistake of trusting this young man. He tried to enrich Powell's life and the lives of UM fans by offering Powell a chance to attend a top 50 institution of higher learning.

Powell acted in an unsavory manner, but he's a kid, and you can't call yourself a refined gentleman and be hateful toward children. Accordingly, I wish him tremendous success. If he wins society wins.

A good friend of mine, who was a professional athlete, is an administrator at Powell's school. He told that year that the kid was an outstanding young man and stand up guy, as well as excellent student. This guy was a Canes fan and excited we were getting him. Given that and the slime Al seems to leave behind him on the sidewalk, I believe the kid. A couple years ago I defended Al about the BTW thing, now I don't trust him at all. Not that any of this matters, but Al simply has lost all credibility, even to the extent of me believing a slime lizard over him.

dude powell always wanted to be a gator. if we held off on him, i dont blame him but kids now a days lie. I heard from a ton of people Matthew Thomas told them he was a silent and they held off on skai because they thought they were getting grace and six. Scarlett recently was apparently recruiting for UF and pretending to be a UM commit. personally, golden and his crap staff have been the problem. he has upgraded but still kept that idiot williams so right now i am just waiting until we get a real coach. still, i dont blame everything on him with some of the recruiting. We also lost out of kids because of the NCAA thing.

Advertisement
Last edited:
Coach Golden made the mistake of trusting this young man. He tried to enrich Powell's life and the lives of UM fans by offering Powell a chance to attend a top 50 institution of higher learning.

Powell acted in an unsavory manner, but he's a kid, and you can't call yourself a refined gentleman and be hateful toward children. Accordingly, I wish him tremendous success. If he wins society wins.

A good friend of mine, who was a professional athlete, is an administrator at Powell's school. He told that year that the kid was an outstanding young man and stand up guy, as well as excellent student. This guy was a Canes fan and excited we were getting him. Given that and the slime Al seems to leave behind him on the sidewalk, I believe the kid. A couple years ago I defended Al about the BTW thing, now I don't trust him at all. Not that any of this matters, but Al simply has lost all credibility, even to the extent of me believing a slime lizard over him.

It's always a sad day when a fine man, such as yourself, becomes jaded and loses confidence in the people who run our beloved institutions. Have faith, young man, Coach Golden is cut from presidential timber and is on the verge of restoring UM Football to its rightful place in the pantheon of college football.

Dexter Williams says they wouldn't do something dumb like that

This...

They essentially pulled Dexter's offer, gave it to someone else and then expected him to just jump back on board. He told them to kick rocks.

Lean on me, friend. I've got shoulders as square and strong as the edge of a building. We can work through this loss of trust and despondency together as strong heterosexual men who are brave enough to be openly affectionate with each other.

Coach Golden has his faults like any other man. But when we start crucifying other men for trusting children we will upset the foundation of love and respect that UM is trying to install. In a macro view, we might lose an occasional young man to another fine institution, but the ones we keep we will transform into future leaders.

Advertisement
Powell has 217 total yards at UF....don't care.

One he was a true freshman so just getting on the field is a big deal. Second my take on recruiting is get as many athletes as possible and finding a place for them once they are on your roster and Powell is an athlete. Powell could be playing CB (his best position and a position where we severely lacking depth) for us this year.

I also think it was smart to move him to slot receiver. Another position where he could be helping us by providing depth and competition for Berrios.

So you can't simply look at his lack of numbers his freshman year and judge the loss as insignificant because on our team he could of had a vastly different role and impact.

dude powell always wanted to be a gator. if we held off on him, i dont blame him but kids now a days lie. I heard from a ton of people Matthew Thomas told them he was a silent and they held off on skai because they thought they were getting grace and six. Scarlett recently was apparently recruiting for UF and pretending to be a UM commit. personally, golden and his crap staff have been the problem. he has upgraded but still kept that idiot williams so right now i am just waiting until we get a real coach. still, i dont blame everything on him with some of the recruiting. We also lost out of kids because of the NCAA thing.

And this type stuff happens when you don't have eyes and ears into a community. Took the fool 4 years to realize this. He's just now getting the right people in places on staff to curb those issues. You can't keep a kid from acting like those kids did, but you can catch wind of it, and just move on from the kid so you don't get caught jerking off in the middle of the afternoon.

Why does this even matter . I mean we had four of the top 20 running backs committed last year .

and we probably lost 2 of them because of similar stupidity by the staff so that's why it matters and will continue to matter with Golden in place.

You guys are missing the big picture - Had we just kept Powell on board (regardless as to where Cook and Michel went), we wouldn't have had the room to sign a Post Signing Day Gem in Joe Brown.

Al and Co. are always one step ahead of us.

Advertisement
You guys are missing the big picture - Had we just kept Powell on board (regardless as to where Cook and Michel went), we wouldn't have had the room to sign a Post Signing Day Gem in Joe Brown.

Excellent point. Recruiting is an inexact science, and we have to trust the coaches in their evaluations and recruiting tactics.

Excellent point. Recruiting is an inexact science, and we have to trust the coaches in their evaluations and recruiting tactics.

After watching UM's pro day, I'm not so sure how inexact the science is. I'm gonna trust Coach Golden's beakers and bunson burners over lesser scientists.

Advertisement
Total b.s., talked to his dad about this last year. Florida was his dream school and offered late, it was a no brainer for him and NOTHING to do with the Canes or staff.

FSU was his school not UF. What he is saying is true. Al Golden is a dumbass

Advertisement
Back