Brandon Powell de-commits from Tennessee; commits to UM

Powell reminds me of Graig Cooper to a certain extent. If you want next level burst, see D. Cook.

If we get Powell, I think Berrios is out and vice- versa.

i dont see how powell has any bearing whats so ever on berrios... two different type of players at different positions.

No chance at powell at the slot?

I hope we get berrios.

Advertisement
Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1548444 said:
I'd say berrios might not have a spot.
Smh, why would Berrios not have a spot when Powell is a rb first and at the most he's a playmaker that you can use everywhere on the offense. Everybody needs to stop think he'd just be a slot wr especially when you know he's going to add weight so he'll be more physically fit to run the football then he is now.

@SFHSSports: Just talked to @PowellBp4 - Kid grew up a FSU fan, but opportunity to win a championship in his hometown too good to pass up!!!

@SFHSSports: Just talked to @PowellBp4 - Miami will play him as a RB. Wanted to play position. Tenn. more of slot. Academics also huge. Business major.

@SFHSSports: Just talked to @PowellBp4 - Loves coming in w/ Yearby. "Just means I have to work 10 times harder. It will benefit us more. Make us better."

@SFHSSports: Just talked to @PowellBp4 - Can see himself being used as RB and slot. Lining up against WR's. Creating mismatches. But playing RB was HUGE!

@SFHSSports: Just talked to @PowellBp4 - Started thinking Miami after 1st visit after offer. Long talk with Hurlie Brown. 2-3 hours.

@SFHSSports: Final thoughts on @PowellBp4 - Gets to play RB, gets to play close to family, gets a great education. Doesn't mind competition = Miami!!

@SFHSSports: Oh, and @PowellBp4 work ethic is off the charts!!!!! Up at 4:30AM over summer to workout. Once texted me at 5:15AM. Has a 4.2 GPA. #Special

@SFHSSports: RT @CanesInSight: @HurlieB is one of the best recruiters in America. He wanted Brandon Powell and got him.->-> Both Powell and dad credit HB

@SFHSSports: last thing on @PowellBp4 - Kid came to the @CVCDCamp while committed to Tenn (no need to impress) just to honor @larryblustein. That's BIG!!

@SFHSSports: Just talked to @PowellBp4 - Can see himself being used as RB and slot. Lining up against WR's. Creating mismatches. But playing RB was HUGE!

I hope this shuts everybody up who keep saying Berrios is gone. Powell can play both positions and be lined up anywhere and will succeed

Advertisement
@SFHSSports: Just talked to @PowellBp4 - Kid grew up a FSU fan, but opportunity to win a championship in his hometown too good to pass up!!!

@SFHSSports: Just talked to @PowellBp4 - Miami will play him as a RB. Wanted to play position. Tenn. more of slot. Academics also huge. Business major.

@SFHSSports: Just talked to @PowellBp4 - Loves coming in w/ Yearby. "Just means I have to work 10 times harder. It will benefit us more. Make us better."

@SFHSSports: Just talked to @PowellBp4 - Started thinking Miami after 1st visit after offer. Long talk with Hurlie Brown. 2-3 hours.

@SFHSSports: Final thoughts on @PowellBp4 - Gets to play RB, gets to play close to family, gets a great education. Doesn't mind competition = Miami!!

@SFHSSports: Oh, and @PowellBp4 work ethic is off the charts!!!!! Up at 4:30AM over summer to workout. Once texted me at 5:15AM. Has a 4.2 GPA. #Special

@SFHSSports: RT @CanesInSight: @HurlieB is one of the best recruiters in America. He wanted Brandon Powell and got him.->-> Both Powell and dad credit HB

@SFHSSports: last thing on @PowellBp4 - Kid came to the @CVCDCamp while committed to Tenn (no need to impress) just to honor @larryblustein. That's BIG!!

Hurlie gon' Hurlie... Nice pickup.

BTW, somebody get Nash out of Sunday school classes and tell him to change the title of the thread. Bat signal was 12 hours ago.

Last edited:
There is room to make up, but to say Miami is not in it and that USC is ahead of Miami is just wrong
We are even with usc and everyone else right now. last time we went back and fourth it was about Bain. I told you he was talented and LSU was serious. You told me he wasn't starting and he was overrated. FWIW Your a really good kid doing a great job. However, sometimes you value one mouth over two ears. We are NOT IN IT RIGHT NOW.

Pete's right about Bain...not sure what he's done to prove him wrong either.
The Bain deal was simple. I said he was talented and HE dropped us BECAUSE we fvcked up. We lost at University starting with him. Pete said he was a project and lacking talent. Said he was athletic, but not good enough for a LSU. I said he was going to usc, okla or LSU. He said he didn't think those schools were interested. http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/29244-M-Bain-Says-UM-doesn-t FWIW he went to LSU as a DT. Pete does A GREAT JOB. imho Wasn't attacking the kid. I just think he believes we are in a better position with Cook right now than we are. As far as Cook goes, as of right now, Miami is not in it. He's going to take his visits. Could we get back into it? YES However, this staff has a TON of ground to make up. The origional point was Powell is coming as a RB/ATH. We are taking one more wr/slot and Berrios still has an offer.

Bain did not drop Miami. Miami stopped recruiting him.

Wow, this guys name is appropriate....I would just ignore him t this point. Guy is talking out of his ***.

Hurlie gon' Hurlie... Nice pickup.

BTW, somebody get Nash out of Sunday school classes and tell him to change the title of the thread. Bat signal was 12 hours ago.

Got to agree seeing it say de-commits had me thinking he already flipped from Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Don and his staff come through again. Great work. Welcome to the U, Mr. Powell.

gaydance1_zps9598c25a.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah baby! I need to go on vacation more often. Every time I get back we get a new commit. Last was CT99, now BP...awesome!

Butch Jones has to hate Al Golden.

First Corn Elder in your own backyard

Now he trolls you allowing you to think that you have a chance at stealing a prime athlete out of Al's backyard...nah *****. Don't work like dat

It's karma for Butch stealing Golden's "brick by brick" mantra.

Advertisement
Back