Brandon Powell de-commits from Tennessee; commits to UM

View as article
Advertisement
Ethnic Sands was Carol City. I think Derrick Crudup is the last one we got from Deerfied Beach.

Those highlight sure look like Duke2 to me. Kid is nasty in the open field. If this guys wasn't 5'9" he would be a high 4* all across the services.

SFHS Sports ‏@SFHSSports 54m
Oh, and @PowellBp4 work ethic is off the charts!!!!! Up at 4:30AM over summer to workout. Once texted me at 5:15AM. Has a 4.2 GPA. #Special

This is the kind of kids we need, special on and off the field.

sorry man but USC has a better shot at him than us right now. We are not in the game.
lol Pete you know, as of right now we are NOT in it. You troll with the best of them.....

There is room to make up, but to say Miami is not in it and that USC is ahead of Miami is just wrong
We are even with usc and everyone else right now. last time we went back and fourth it was about Bain. I told you he was talented and LSU was serious. You told me he wasn't starting and he was overrated. FWIW Your a really good kid doing a great job. However, sometimes you value one mouth over two ears. We are NOT IN IT RIGHT NOW.

Pete's right about Bain...not sure what he's done to prove him wrong either.

Advertisement
Welcome to the U!
276.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
lol Pete you know, as of right now we are NOT in it. You troll with the best of them.....

There is room to make up, but to say Miami is not in it and that USC is ahead of Miami is just wrong
We are even with usc and everyone else right now. last time we went back and fourth it was about Bain. I told you he was talented and LSU was serious. You told me he wasn't starting and he was overrated. FWIW Your a really good kid doing a great job. However, sometimes you value one mouth over two ears. We are NOT IN IT RIGHT NOW.

The Bain deal was simple. I said he was talented and HE dropped us BECAUSE we fvcked up. We lost at University starting with him. Pete said he was a project and lacking talent. Said he was athletic, but not good enough for a LSU. I said he was going to usc, okla or LSU. He said he didn't think those schools were interested. http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/29244-M-Bain-Says-UM-doesn-t FWIW he went to LSU as a DT. Pete does A GREAT JOB. imho Wasn't attacking the kid. I just think he believes we are in a better position with Cook right now than we are. As far as Cook goes, as of right now, Miami is not in it. He's going to take his visits. Could we get back into it? YES However, this staff has a TON of ground to make up. The origional point was Powell is coming as a RB/ATH. We are most likely taking one more wr/slot and Berrios still has an offer.

Last edited:

The Bain deal was simple. I said he was talented and HE dropped us BECAUSE we fvcked up. We lost at University starting with him. Pete said he was a project and lacking talent. Said he was athletic, but not good enough for a LSU. I said he was going to usc, okla or LSU. He said he didn't think those schools were interested. http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/29244-M-Bain-Says-UM-doesn-t FWIW he went to LSU as a DT. Pete does A GREAT JOB. imho Wasn't attacking the kid. I just think he believes we are in a better position with Cook right now than we are. As far as Cook goes, as of right now, Miami is not in it. He's going to take his visits. Could we get back into it? YES However, this staff has a TON of ground to make up. The origional point was Powell is coming as a RB/ATH. We are taking one more wr/slot and Berrios still has an offer.

Bain did not drop Miami. Miami stopped recruiting him.

Advertisement

The Bain deal was simple. I said he was talented and HE dropped us BECAUSE we fvcked up. We lost at University starting with him. Pete said he was a project and lacking talent. Said he was athletic, but not good enough for a LSU. I said he was going to usc, okla or LSU. He said he didn't think those schools were interested. http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/29244-M-Bain-Says-UM-doesn-t FWIW he went to LSU as a DT. Pete does A GREAT JOB. imho Wasn't attacking the kid. I just think he believes we are in a better position with Cook right now than we are. As far as Cook goes, as of right now, Miami is not in it. He's going to take his visits. Could we get back into it? YES However, this staff has a TON of ground to make up. The origional point was Powell is coming as a RB/ATH. We are most likely taking one more wr/slot and Berrios still has an offer.

I still believe that we have inroads with University School regardless of what took place with Bain
We could have landed Bain (We turned him down), The kid was overrated IMO he didn't even
get much PT at DT his senior year which should tell you something (can LSU Coach him up
that is there job not ours) we also could have landed WR Cunningham (we took the best
player in Florida Coley and added Griffin)

The staff continues to do their evals and for whatever reason have not chosen to take
the U school kids...After Sean White ripped it up this year a the 7 on 7s some thought we should offer him
the staff had their QB and stood firm...I think the ultimate test will be next year when Jordan Scharlett
becomes available..

From what I understand our WR learn to play all positions....
Which leaves me to believe that our board (regardless of position) for WR's is in this order:
1a. Lane
1b. Dixon
2. Rudolph
3. Jojo Robinson
4. Berrios

I think the staff will take the BEST 2 WR's

Last edited:

Bain will never be anything more than a jag for LSU

Advertisement
Back