Brandon "Playmaker" Powell

Spookcane

EL PUMA
Easily, my favorite recruit this year..Every week , he is tearing **** up.. This kid is so versatile.. He is electric! This kid is truly a game breaker..
Highlights from his game this week.. Vs Coral Springs.. It is my understanding that he had 21 Carries -200 yards with 3 TD's.

I dont know if im being biased, but Powell is arguably the best playmaker in the State of Florida.. Kid scores any where from the field,, Running .,Receiving, Punt return and even on Defense.. I know DMoney was high on this kid.. Good eye !!

"Recent Videos"
http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videos/

Last edited:
Advertisement
How in the world are they are allowed to play on that crappy a** field. He'll probably be even more explosive once he gets to play on a better field.

Advertisement
he's got crazy acceleration, goes from nothing to full speed in the blink of an eye.

Funny. I think his burst is what he needs to work on the most. Good vision and cuts though. A year in D1 Strength & Conditioning will go a long ways.

Advertisement
IMO He's a faster Dallas Crawford.Playmaker!

if this is true, we have a jem
Dallas has more heart than 99% of players I've seen
he can do everything, and if he was 10 pounds heavier, or a shade faster - he'd be getting much more touches
regardless, Dallas is a great team player --- something we've seen more of since Golden's arrival
kudos to Dallas, and here's to Powell sticking

Two things stand out about Powell: intelligence and versatility. He is a true scholar-athlete capable of playing three positions in college. At the Miami camp, he worked at slot, running back and cornerback.

Hope we start recruiting for and developing the "new age" slot WRs.

Advertisement
Easily, my favorite recruit this year..Every week , he is tearing **** up.. This kid is so versatile.. He is electric! This kid is truly a game breaker..
Highlights from his game this week.. Vs Coral Springs.. It is my understanding that he had 21 Carries -200 yards with 3 TD's.

I dont know if im being biased, but Powell is arguably the best playmaker in the State of Florida.. Kid scores any where from the field,, Running .,Receiving, Punt return and even on Defense.. I know DMoney was high on this kid.. Good eye !!

"Recent Videos"
http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videos/

not to toot my own horn...but i was screaming for this kid since the end of last season.

I always stated that they were calling the kid in Deerfield the next Denard Robinson...well when they make claims like that on a kid its usually true, Kid is just electric...very Duke -Like ..though Duke probably was 2 inches or so taller....but this kid just effects the game when hes on the field.....offense,defense,special teams....

I called him the best rb in broward last year...and thought we were letting a steal go to ut without an offer.....kid wont redshirt here...hes working on his speed with the playmaker's cousin @ 4-5 am in the offseason that showed me the kid has work ethic...because he didnt have to cuz hes plenty fast, grades are in order, and we get our footing back in North Broward (Deerfield,Pompano) area which has prospects like Shawn Burgess Becker coming out next year and Deerfield has a beast of a DL that we will be all over.

Advertisement
Two things stand out about Powell: intelligence and versatility. He is a true scholar-athlete capable of playing three positions in college. At the Miami camp, he worked at slot, running back and cornerback.

And the scary thing is that no matter what camp he was at (He dominated at FSU camp this summer) everyone there said he was unchained: Nobody could cover or touch him.

Nobody.

And the scary thing is that no matter what camp he was at (He dominated at FSU camp this summer) everyone there said he was unchained: Nobody could cover or touch him.

Nobody.

In the open field he just knows how to make plays and that can't be taught. That's why from day one I said he's DeAnthony Thomas for us a wr/rb/kr/pr who in the open field is a monster

I know rankings are generally for **** and differ quite a bit but I don't remember ever seeing a group of 3 star kids that play like 5's in my life.

I don't like overreacting but top to bottom, this class could be the best one we have ever seen.

Advertisement
Back