Brandon "Playmaker" Powell

keep on offense please, I'm sure corn will have a successful career at corner but i was disappointed when they moved him, kid was dynamic with ball in his hands

Advertisement
I'm ok if Powell changes positions. Like Corn, I think he can contribute on both sides of the ball.

Love this guy. His intelligence and work ethic are a perfect fit for what The Don is building. Character, not characters. LULZ at the rating system. This dude would be a 9 star if he was in South Carolina or somewhere similar.

No real new info but i pay for this subscription so why not.....
Deerfield Beach High School RB and Cane commitment Brandon Powell says his word with UM is "solid," but at the same time he's scheduling visits.

So far he's taken one, to Nebraska.

"It went really well," Powell said. "I know a couple of players from my area that go there. It was fun."

He says his father is setting up his other visits, and he's not sure exactly where else he'll go.

"There's a couple of colleges talking to me," he says.

Powell says other coaches "tell me to come look at the school, that's it, to come visit."

Other colleges don't have that much time to sway him: Powell's going to graduate early. He'll take an official visit to UM in December and be on campus in January.

"I want to get an early start at football, the work, getting prepared for the season, getting that spring ball in, learn the plays early," Powell said.

Powell says Cane coaches told him they will use him in a similar manner to Duke Johnson.

"I'm excited about that," he said. "That's why I'm committed there. It's just because of how they use Duke in the offense, and they see me as that also."

Powell's being recruited by coach Hurlie Brown.

"He's a really cool coach," Powell said. "I can relate to him a lot. He's a good guy. And I like coach (James) Coley too. We have a good relationship."

Of what he sees ahead for UM, Powell said, "I see the rest of the season, they take care of Georgia Tech and FSU and that'll be it for the season. I think they could go undefeated. Just handle those two teams."

The impact on recruiting if UM does go undefeated?

"That would make a lot of kids want to come to Miami," Powell said. "That would let us get all the talent in South Florida and be the way it used to be at Miami."

* Powell is friends with former Cane commit Travis Rudolph.

"Hopefully he changes his mind and comes," Powell said

Advertisement
Love this guy. His intelligence and work ethic are a perfect fit for what The Don is building. Character, not characters. LULZ at the rating system. This dude would be a 9 star if he was in South Carolina or somewhere similar.

This. Your post right after NSD regarding bringing in the right type of talented kids stuck with me. He's one of those kids.

Advertisement
I know rankings are generally for **** and differ quite a bit but I don't remember ever seeing a group of 3 star kids that play like 5's in my life.

I don't like overreacting but top to bottom, this class could be the best one we have ever seen.

A couple months ago i watched film of the lower rated guys and I was blown away.

Man, these dudes are studs. Mayes, Gray, Langham, etc...

I trust Golden's evals whole-heartedly.

I spoke to his head coach. His nickname is actually "Pool Boogers"; Brandon "Pool Boogers" Powell.

Jordan Kroeger ‏@jordan_kroeger 11m
#UM commit Brandon Powell rushed for 123 yards on 12 carries and 2 TDs in the first half. WR Justin Morgan caught 4 passes for 119 yards &TD
Details

Advertisement
656.gif

I know rankings are generally for **** and differ quite a bit but I don't remember ever seeing a group of 3 star kids that play like 5's in my life.

I don't like overreacting but top to bottom, this class could be the best one we have ever seen.

A couple months ago i watched film of the lower rated guys and I was blown away.

Man, these dudes are studs. Mayes, Gray, Langham, etc...

I trust Golden's evals whole-heartedly.

All you have to tell me is.......

Thurston Armbrister
Olsen Pierre
Rayshawn Jenkins
Ladarius Gunter
Dallas Crawford to runningback

Advertisement
Joe Rose asked Blustein who were the best players in So Florida earlier this week. He said Yearby/Cook in Dade and Powell in Broward.

That's always been the case with south Florida kids, always. That's how we won championships. When Butch was Jimmy's recruiting coordinator, he used to say he could just recruit three counties and compete for the NC.

Advertisement
Back