2023 Brandon Innis - WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
When there's a question about the offense, these types of players are going to continue to go elsewhere.

If you asked about anyone on this board what Gattis and Michigan are known for, the honest answer would be running the ball. You think Mario, ground game first. Neither has produced prolific receivers.

So we gotta show them what we're about and a guy like this will take us seriously, maybe even land him. They're working him, but we've got ground to make up on coaches that have years of doing it.

Put up numbers, get guys drafted, and line their pockets. That's the key and it'll all fall into place. Show them we're an elite staff producing results.
Michigan averaged 228 yards per game passing v 214 yards per game running last year. That is a wonderfully balanced offense and most teams would kill to have that balance. I don’t know from what statistic the narrative has been created that Michigan was a running team but its not from reality.

By point of comparison, our 2001 team passed for 250 yards per game and rushed for 204. That is eerily similar and no one referred to Miami as a running team that year.

Advertisement
Yea u can't lose him those optics are huge. I keep saying Miami is the toughest job in cfb because it's where the best players are. And all the bag schools are within radius and have a rich history.

No matter what anyone tells u it's a big miss period. I hate putting excuses even for guys I like. I love our HC but I got to keep it real.
He needs to lock him down and make Miami the hot school
It’s like Riley getting that local qb to commit and just it down
That immediately got usc more hype

Yall man thinking we should take every top rank player is funny to me. Yall remember all the top classes we stacked with Coker or FSU did with Jimbo towards the end? We should absolutely fight for the top players but if they don't wanna come here and we recruit them hard, what else u expect a coach to do? Pay him illegal money, he comes, bad work ethic, poor teammate etc? Im not saying thats Innis but if he doesn't want to come here, i don't see it as a loss. Its only a loss if they alternatives are NJ specials. And that sure aint gonna be the case. Hykeem is a bigger loss to me because he is unique to all the WR we after this cycle. Big and fast and there is no other similar type we after

Advertisement
He has to land him
Or it’s a big miss
After missing on shemar last year
He needs a perception changing recruit
Like Mario landing keyvon at Oregon
Imagine if this kid was in la
I guarantee Riley wouldn’t lose him to another school
Can't agree with that last sentence. Brian Hartline will walk right onto USC's campus & into Riley's office and get Innis to sign his letter of intent right in front of him.

Can't agree with that last sentence. Brian Hartline will walk right onto USC's campus & into Riley's office and get Innis to sign his letter of intent right in front of him.
He already has the top guy in Cali committed and shut down
Based on results so far it’s hard to believe is there was an offensive player at innis in usc back yard that he would not get him

Advertisement
Meme GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Inniss will show love to the home team but he ain't coming here.

Advertisement
Michigan averaged 228 yards per game passing v 214 yards per game running last year. That is a wonderfully balanced offense and most teams would kill to have that balance. I don’t know from what statistic the narrative has been created that Michigan was a running team but its not from reality.

By point of comparison, our 2001 team passed for 250 yards per game and rushed for 204. That is eerily similar and no one referred to Miami as a running team that year.

In a sense, you proved the point, at least the perception of it.

Sure, balance can be great, but Michigan was 66th in ypg, passing the ball. They also happened to be 15th in rpg.

The year prior, 42. The year prior to that, his first year, 48. .

You look at the top programs, most aren't balanced at all. Passing is the name of the game and so are explosive plays.

It's great if we can control the game the way a balanced attack can, but it's not going to attract a lot of top tier WR talent. They want the ball and they want it a lot.

This past year, his top receiver only had 627 yards. The next guy had 437.

His best year was two year prior, two 700 yard receivers, then a drop off to 438.

So all in all, the numbers aren't that exciting to a receiver looking for the chance to produce big. Nobody views Michigan under him as some passing juggernaut.

Lastly, there are very few teams that rush for more than they pass. He came darn close to that last year. That's all well and good as it produced wins, which is the ultimate goal, but we're talking about perception for the top tier WR prospects. We're going to have to open up the passing game if we want recruits like this.

Yea u can't lose him those optics are huge. I keep saying Miami is the toughest job in cfb because it's where the best players are. And all the bag schools are within radius and have a rich history.

No matter what anyone tells u it's a big miss period. I hate putting excuses even for guys I like. I love our HC but I got to keep it real.
We’ve always agreed winning can be pretty overrated, but when you win like Bama that’s tough to overcome

We need to get back to being a good team consistently (stating the obvious)

I’d agree with you if there weren’t other excellent WR options in the class. He has never ever once indicated he has any desire to come here, so it’s hard to lose something you never had a shot at.

And we’ve got a legit shot at landing at least a couple more talented WRs. Can’t miss out on them hyper-focusing on Innis.

Is the kid a beast? Absolutely. Would I love him at this U? You bet. But I personally think we’re better off staying in the race with him but not putting all our chips on the table to land him.

That’s how we in the past ended up at NSD with our dycks in our hands.

Advertisement
We are in it. And probably will get an OV since it looks like LSU is the "one of these teams doesnt belong" candidate. Thats all you can ask for at this juncture. Its June. Loooooooooong way to go for a kid who made it clear hes not making any decision before NSD. (Not sure if he meant Dec or Feb though)

Either way, Innis is on my "Lets check back with him and see where he stands in late October if we are 7-1/8-0" list along with Anthony Hill and Cormani McClain.

Have to keep those kids on a seperate big board because you just know if we are having a great season we are going to get that steroid shot of kids who want to double back and give us another look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back