2024 Brandon Baker 4* OT

I doubt he makes it here.

USC is going to turn up the heat now that he’s made his way east a few times (Colorado and Miami)

This ain’t Pete Carroll’s USC. Riley is not really interested in recruiting and their NIL game is lacking.

Advertisement

Gotta say, I never had "5-star OL visits UM while wearing a Grateful Dead shirt and throws up a U right above the Stealie" on my bingo card, but I'm ******* here for it. Officially my #1 most wanted.

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 7.29.56 PM.png

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Miami is a school Baker has mentioned wanting to visit for months and he said the trip more than met his expectations.

“I liked it a lot,” Baker said. “I liked the atmosphere, the family vibe and connecting with the coaching staff. The basketball game was fun, the campus is really nice and it was fun to finally meet the coaches in person that I had been talking with over the phone for a long time.

“Coach Cristobal and coach Mirabal (OL coach) are great guys and very passionate about what they’re doing. They’re great coaches and I loved the overall energy out there. They didn’t specify where they like me along the offensive line but feel like I can play multiple positions. The plan is to take a few more spring visits and then decide on official trips but Miami is a school I’m definitely high on.”

- 247's Greg Biggins Miami Junior Day Update

Advertisement
Like i said last year when everyone lost their minds when we lost Olaus the Viking, that was before Samson committed, we wont have problems recruiting high level OL. We simply wont. Yall should already be confident in that after the class we brought in. Lets also not forget we brought in 2 elite transfer in addition to the 5 high school ones.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Small detail and not related to Baker but at 9:39 the staff member leading the tour says, "Julio Frenk is our president, as of now". Anyone know something about Frenk being on his way out?

Advertisement
Julio Frenk is our president, as of now

He has failed in pretty much every aspect of being the president. Sports, academics, it's all been bad. Say what you will about Shalala, but at least academics were steadily rising - UM was in the top 40 universities and climbing (I think we peaked at 36). Since then we're ranked the same as FSU. Definitely need someone new.

He has failed in pretty much every aspect of being the president. Sports, academics, it's all been bad. Say what you will about Shalala, but at least academics were steadily rising - UM was in the top 40 universities and climbing (I think we peaked at 36). Since then we're ranked the same as FSU. Definitely need someone new.
It’s hard to know profit, but i imagine he doing quite well in that regard. Lakeside Village was completed under him, start of replacing the towers too. Also UHealth seems to be better/ more profitable under him.

That profit is now being spent fixing athletics (mostly football)

Advertisement
Back