2024 Brandon Baker 4* OT

Advertisement
Advertisement
On3 has us as leaders for Scott. 247 has us 50/50 with ND but their 50 is Tom Loy and our 50 is Wilfong, I’d say I’ll take out CB of 6 with Fong over Loy.
Agreed, forgot about Fong’s CB good call. I just ignore On3 for the most part until they get their childish act together

Mario and Mirabal are obviously awesome recruiters but I’m really curious to see how this OL class shapes up with so much playing time allocated to the guys we just brought in

Can’t sell the playing time angle as much
This is now the time of the NIL deal for gets like this, PT, location and who came in before them are after thoughts, especially when it is so easy to transfer.

Advertisement
having 4 OT playing last weekend shows most recruits we are willing and able to play up to 7 OL at times. This means they can get early PT and have an impact even if they aren’t starting at OT. Even if Rivers stays, we are going to need 1 OT to back fill as Samson/McCoy likely grab that LT allowing Rivers to take over for Cohen. We really need to hope another kid steps up at C for 2024.

having 4 OT playing last weekend shows most recruits we are willing and able to play up to 7 OL at times. This means they can get early PT and have an impact even if they aren’t starting at OT. Even if Rivers stays, we are going to need 1 OT to back fill as Samson/McCoy likely grab that LT allowing Rivers to take over for Cohen. We really need to hope another kid steps up at C for 2024.
Or we find a center in the portal again, especially if Lee gets drafted on the first couple of days. Every year there are some legit centers in the portal (Oluwatimi, Nugent, Lee, Luis Mother ******* Cristobal, etc.)

Him not going to Oregon is good news for us. Figured Breland would have followed if Baker went there.

That’s not how Mater Dei kids work. Lol

These kids aren’t childhood buddies that desire to play w/ each other at the next level. Mater Dei is a business & these kids go wherever is best for them.

These kids aren’t childhood buddies that desire to play w/ each other at the next level. Mater Dei is a business & these kids go wherever is best for them.
Not sure if it was david bailey, but I know they can pull kids from San Bernardino....which may not be crazy by today's standards

Advertisement

Fair but a business decision is wanting to train against the best to help you make it to the next level.

For the most part yeah, those kids are mercenaries . I thought I remembered reading something on this site from someone in the know that Baker and Breland were both trending to Oregon and that they were pretty good friends too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back