Branden Jennings

If only we had a LB coach who actually knew how to recruit...
It's crazy that we don't have aggressive recruiters at DB and LB. Those are spots that you can look around the country and see young, energetic dudes who can related to kids in those spots. Recruiting DBs and LBs to Miami should be easy as ****, especially in this defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They are FSU legacies, Bradley Jennings (their dad) was a beast at FSU back in the day.

Whoa whoa pump the brakes a little. Bradley was a decent LB for them nowhere near a beast.

He never was All Conference
He wasn’t drafted
He went 1-3 against Miami (1999)

Shade Tree. Now he was a Beast.

Whoa whoa pump the brakes a little. Bradley was a decent LB for them nowhere near a beast.

He never was All Conference
He wasn’t drafted
He went 1-3 against Miami (1999)

Shade Tree. Now he was a Beast.

1. He was All Conference in 2001 and 4th team all American by sporting news
2. He was set to be drafted until he was shot and almost killed a few weeks before the draft, than never played again
3. Good point

listen, I normally wouldn’t defend a mole. But I know the guy and will give him his credit where it’s due. Dude looks like he could still be playing honestly.

Advertisement
Most people knew he could play RB. The question was whether he had more upside as a LB. I still think he does.

Our 2001 defensive legends could have played offense, too.

IIRC most fans on here thought losing him was no big deal. Might have been before we lost Crowley and Martin dipped but still.

FSU. Just committed

I was a Norvell fan prior to him going to the enemy, but admit to some of the questions against him: how would he actually recruit at FSU versus being at a G5 school? This commitment having a father as a legacy wasn't too hard, but I really can't get any gauge on how they will recruit (I know play calling, etc will be a lot better from Taggart, but that isn't hard to beat, either). Guess we'll see.

He has similar physical attributes. That's my point. Not that he would have the same career. His physical attributes with 2 solid years statistically will land him in the NFL. He was a WR. So, his combine times are gonna pop at TE, but all that is for not if he doesn't have the desire to do what it takes to get there.

My prediction, he doesn't get drafted and hopefully buckles down in his studies. I always said I never understood us taking him to begin with. His high school footage never impressed me.

Advertisement
1. He was All Conference in 2001 and 4th team all American by sporting news
2. He was set to be drafted until he was shot and almost killed a few weeks before the draft, than never played again
3. Good point

listen, I normally wouldn’t defend a mole. But I know the guy and will give him his credit where it’s due. Dude looks like he could still be playing honestly.

You’re right I just looked him up.

My memory must be fading. Although I do remember him trying to cover Shockley in 00 game and not having much success.

Those guys are crazy. McIntosh is a stud. So is Crowley. That loss still stings.

mac just didnt want to stay home right? i forgot what the case was with him. crowley man. that one hurts but kid got his dream offer and bolted the second he did. thats recruiting i guess.

Advertisement
I was a Norvell fan prior to him going to the enemy, but admit to some of the questions against him: how would he actually recruit at FSU versus being at a G5 school? This commitment having a father as a legacy wasn't too hard, but I really can't get any gauge on how they will recruit (I know play calling, etc will be a lot better from Taggart, but that isn't hard to beat, either). Guess we'll see.

I thought FSU took some reaches to fill out their 2020 class.

My prediction, he doesn't get drafted and hopefully buckles down in his studies. I always said I never understood us taking him to begin with. His high school footage never impressed me.
Funny thing is that when scouts were here a few years ago, they said he had the most upside with his catch radius and leaping ability. They weren't here looking at him, but I guess he impressed with the drills he ran.

I think Enos missed on him completely. At least under Richt he got a little burn at WR in the redzone. I never understood why we didn't put our tallest WRs and TEs in the redzone. Kid can jump out of the gym and we didn't even use him for 50/50 balls in the redzone. I always ask myself when looking at underutilized players is, "What would Bill Belichick do?" He always gets the most out of his players at what they do best.

People on CIS clowning on me for my statements. I said the same thing about Gus Edwards and folks clowned on me. He's the only UM back from his 4 year span doing work in the league (Homer was after him). Was underutilized at UM and had to transfer out to showcase his talents.

Njoku may or may not make it to the NFL. I just think he will if he has the heart and the desire to be great. I just think that if he puts it together, his measurables will be off the charts.

I wish all the kids well who deside to leave. No hard feelings for any of them.

Last edited:
Funny thing is that when scouts were here a few years ago, they said he had the most upside with his catch radius and leaping ability. They weren't here looking at him, but I guess he impressed with the drills he ran.

I think Enos missed on him completely. At least under Richt he got a little burn at WR in the redzone. I never understood why we didn't put our tallest WRs and TEs in the redzone. Kid can jump out of the gym and we didn't even use him for 50/50 balls in the redzone. I always ask myself when looking at underutilized players is, "What would Bill Belichick do?" He always gets the most out of his players at what they do best.

People on CIS clowning on me for my statements. I said the same thing about Gus Edwards and folks clowned on me. He's the only UM back from his 4 year span doing work in the league (Homer was after him). Was underutilized at UM and had to transfer out to showcase his talents.

Njoku may or may not make it to the NFL. I just think he will if He has the heart and the desire to be great. I just think that if he puts it together, his measurables will be off the charts.

I wish all the kids well who deside to leave. No hard feelings for any of them.

I'm not going to clown on you, it's just a difference in opinion. Thanks for at least taking the time to explain your viewpoint on the subject. It's a far more mature way to have a discussion and I wish more would follow suit.

I'm like you in that last part. I don't wish anything but the best for the young man. We never heard a peep about him in a negative way. I don't fault him for going elsewhere and he landed at the better program, at least to this point in recent years. So good luck to him for sure.

Advertisement
Back