Brad Kaaya on twitter

Advertisement
Some of y'all don't need to follow recruiting. Every time a prospect post something some of y'all freak out. Chill out and stop assuming things all the time. It's starting to get annoying now. We are in the best position we have been in the last 5 years in recruiting wise and record as well. Let things play out and stop assuming because some of y'all are too worrisome.

63 post on a measly tweet about nothing.....

10 post on KC McDermott & Braxton Berrios signing the financial agreement.. Lulz

Boy! Its great to be a Hurricane :ibisroflmao:

If i read correctly from a Ariz post he's not an EE... With that being said... Unless Ariz or K9cane post anything about him i wouldnt look into to it... Ariz done buile a relationship with the kid and his mom and K9 apparently knows the whole family and his QB coach... So really all this nonsense just needs to be laid to rest

Advertisement
If i read correctly from a Ariz post he's not an EE... With that being said... Unless Ariz or K9cane post anything about him i wouldnt look into to it... Ariz done buile a relationship with the kid and his mom and K9 apparently knows the whole family and his QB coach... So really all this nonsense just needs to be laid to rest

Thank you, now we can move on to the next panic attic... You would think this is a UF site!!! Now they have reason to freak out...

If Kaaya was crazy over USC and UCLA then he would have de-committed already. You don't get the offer of your dreams and want to take it and then wait around several months. You either de-commit and commit to the new school immediately, or you just stay where you are. Kaaya's a respectful kid with a seemingly good family, so I'd be surprised that they would jerk Goldens around and leave him in the lurch.

Not necessarily dude. Come on. Think about it. Kid grows up an SC or UCLA fan. Like any kid in So Cal he dreams of being the QB at one of those places. He hits HS and the real world kicks in. He's being recruited by other schools. He's not necessarily the top rated 5 star super stud his Junior year, so he doesnt get the dream offers from the hometown local schools. He gets some mid level offers, until he's found by the new OC at the U. Finally the kid breaks through. His first real big time offer. He falls in love with Coley, the U, Golden, and pulls the trigger. He becomes a leader of the recruit class, helping to encourage other kids to come on board, etc. But then he blows up his senior year as our OC knew he would. Now EVERYONE knows who he is. And sure enough, NOW the local "dream schools" come knocking.

Now. He's a good kid, with a good family and a good head on his shoulders. Its obvious he feels loyalty to Coley and Golden and the U. He's been a vocal recruit for us out there leading the charge with other recruits. But the UCLA and SC offers have CERTAINLY made the kid think. I mean its probably what he grew up wanting. So now he's torn. He's invested in the U, emotionally and mentally, has built a good bond with coaches and other recruits, but he also has to be surrounded by people telling him that he has the chance to be the "man" now in So Cal. To be the superstar at SC or UCLA, playing in front of his friends and family, living his boyhood dreams. IMO the kid is torn. And anyone who cant see that is lying to themselves. We just have to hope that when he weighs it all, he realizes that he has a chance to do something very special here. To be the leader of a new generation that is going to bring the U back. That this is a great place for him, with coaches and players he can feel comfortable with. That he made a commitment and that he's the centerpiece of this class.

I will be straight up honest. Im going to be sweating this one. I mean we are trying to steal the hottest QB in Southern Cal right now, from UCLA and USC, out of their own backyard. And the only thing we have going for us, is that we found him first.

Im not saying we need to be in full panic, or have 20 threads a day freaking out over everything the kids tweets, but people need to keep their fingers crossed on this one. We are facing some MASSIVE competition here. I mean put yourself in this kids' shoes. There has to be some MAJOR pressure on this kid, and I think all signs point to him doing some serious thinking right now.

All getting mad at golden for making sure he covers his ***???

Remember MT #6??? We lost on skai cause we got left at the alter... This is recruiting get everyone on board then choose from there

He was never a commit; we were just hoping. I don't think the staff will hold on anymore if lid doesn't commit. This class has been almost full for some time.

If Kaaya was crazy over USC and UCLA then he would have de-committed already. You don't get the offer of your dreams and want to take it and then wait around several months. You either de-commit and commit to the new school immediately, or you just stay where you are. Kaaya's a respectful kid with a seemingly good family, so I'd be surprised that they would jerk Goldens around and leave him in the lurch.

I'm not going to speculate on Kaaya one bit, but the dream offer statement you made is dead wrong.

Advertisement

I'm not going to speculate on Kaaya one bit, but the dream offer statement you made is dead wrong.

I agree. I dont think he would be "jumping" in any direction. Not after all he's done as a commit for us. I think he would take his time and really think it out and make a decision in the end, but I dont think he would just dump us and "jump" at the UCLA or SC offer like that. He doesnt seem like that type of kid. And he's had too much invested in us prior to just pull a 180 like that. I think he's doing some major soul searching right now. I just hope in the end he decides to spread his wings and stick with us.

Here is an interesting right up of Wieger which shows he will need a red-shirt year plus another year before he is ready to compete for a starting job, which would an ideal parring as a potential developmental QB back-up with UM needing to add depth down the road.

http://breakdownsports.blogspot.com/2013/08/recruit-breakdown-tyler-wiegers.html

Here is a 1game highlight from his 2013 season, he throws the short to intermediate routes pretty well.
[video=youtube_share;nSSsPB2-sZU]http://youtu.be/nSSsPB2-sZU[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
the CIS is really full of insecure guys.

do y'all call/text your girl every minute whenever she's away?

It is? How do you know? You don't think the normal reaction when you get your dream offer(s) is to jump on it before it might be given to someone else? Do you think a good respectful kid would string UM along when he's got such a great relationship with UM and the corches and then dump on them like some S. FL clown cheerleader at the 11th hour leaving them in the lurch to find another QB?

I agree. I dont think he would be "jumping" in any direction. Not after all he's done as a commit for us. I think he would take his time and really think it out and make a decision in the end, but I dont think he would just dump us and "jump" at the UCLA or SC offer like that. He doesnt seem like that type of kid. And he's had too much invested in us prior to just pull a 180 like that. I think he's doing some major soul searching right now. I just hope in the end he decides to spread his wings and stick with us.

He got the offer a long time ago. He's had more than enough time to ruminate on it. If he was going to dump us for his dream chick he would have done it already.

Advertisement

He got the offer a long time ago. He's had more than enough time to ruminate on it. If he was going to dump us for his dream chick he would have done it already.

LOL. Come on man. How in the world can you possibly say "hes had more than enough time to ruminate on it". How do you know? He's a High School kid, making what is probably the biggest decision of his life thus far. He could very well be torn on what to do. And just because SC or UCLA may have been his "boyhood dream" doesnt mean that he would make a fast decision. He seems like a thoughtful kid who is going to sit back and weigh all his options and whats best for him. Doesnt mean that he's going to dump us, but it does mean he may be thinking about it. He's also still playing ball. So he may well be doing what his mother has said he's doing, which is basically not thinking about recruiting right now, and just focusing on his season. Ergo he's going to weigh all his options and make his final decision after his season is over.

I dont see how you can just assume that because he didnt jump at the UCLA or SC offers quickly, that he's rock solid. I want nothing more than to believe he's rock solid, but man when you really look at this, all signs point to this being a fight to the end. I mean he's the hottest QB prospect in So Cal right now, and both of the hometown teams are after him now.

It's a back up plan for Rosier... Supposedly he is looking at Ole Miss or one of this Mississippi schools... That's the rumor anyway so everyone can stop popping blood pressure medicine now

Advertisement
Back