Brad Kaaya cut by Lions...

Advertisement
Was outplayed by Jake Rudock...lol...there aren't roster spots in the NFL for players worse then Jake Rudock.

No UM award, but that's just me responding to an irrelevant ad hominem attack. OCCC, you posit that he will complete his degree (possible, but his probable life trajectory points to residence in So Cal, making a UM degree requiring residence a lower probability) with high GPA (you work at UM and have permision to release grades? If not, you know this how?) from a top academic institution (top 50, no problem there) and the Iron Arrow Honor. Per Iron Arrow, the qualities/characteristics for earning the distinction are as follows:

Love of Alma Mater,(okay, he tweets Miami football stuff)

Character (He left his team, not a lot of character there)

Leadership (See Character entry, also no leading UM to victory over FSU is a negative here)

Scholarship (again, who really knows)

Humility (observed some and have also seen some arrogance)

Having interacted with many UM students who are the epitome of campus leaders in Communications, Business, Education and Arts and Sciences, I know they were much more deserving than Kaaya based on the criteria given.

Finally, you state he is a quality individual; great, you can be a reference for him as he is now unemployed and may need it as he looks for a job as a minimum wage worker, Barista, or as Tad Footeball alluded to, a West Coast QB guru with no college or pro job.

He will surpass any of your accomplishments. Guaranteed

Although that's not setting the bar too high.

How do I know this? Because only a lifetime loser gets into beef with a player's mother on the internet, and then carries a grudge about it years afterward.

Dude, put the bottle down, your confusing posters; I don't even have any social media and have never mentioned his Mom, that was someone else who posted.

You don't know me from **** so don't even presuppose what I have and have not done; there have been some vet threads on CIS, take a look there. Suffice to say, I haven't spent my life being a Mom's basement internet dweller.

Your infatuation with Kaaya borders on something like a jilted admirer trying to prove their merits to someone who doesn't know they exist.

Again, put the bottle down slowly, you don't want to get cut by breaking glass.

No UM award, but that's just me responding to an irrelevant ad hominem attack. OCCC, you posit that he will complete his degree (possible, but his probable life trajectory points to residence in So Cal, making a UM degree requiring residence a lower probability) with high GPA (you work at UM and have permision to release grades? If not, you know this how?) from a top academic institution (top 50, no problem there) and the Iron Arrow Honor. Per Iron Arrow, the qualities/characteristics for earning the distinction are as follows:

Leadership (See Character entry, also no leading UM to victory over FSU is a negative here)

Having interacted with many UM students who are the epitome of campus leaders in Communications, Business, Education and Arts and Sciences, I know they were much more deserving than Kaaya based on the criteria given.

Finally, you state he is a quality individual; great, you can be a reference for him as he is now unemployed and may need it as he looks for a job as a minimum wage worker, Barista, or as Tad Footeball alluded to, a West Coast QB guru with no college or pro job.

How do I know this? Because only a lifetime loser gets into beef with a player's mother on the internet, and then carries a grudge about it years afterward.

Dude, put the bottle down, your confusing posters; I don't even have any social media and have never mentioned his Mom, that was someone else who posted.

You don't know me from **** so don't even presuppose what I have and have not done; there have been some vet threads on CIS, take a look there. Suffice to say, I haven't spent my life being a Mom's basement internet dweller.

Your infatuation with Kaaya borders on something like a jilted admirer trying to prove their merits to someone who doesn't know they exist.

Right. That was dicholiday.

The rest you can own.

And believe me, I'm not his biggest fan as a modern day QB. He had a limited athletic skill set which could hurt and did hurt the versatility of the offense. He was a very good rhythm passer with incredible mechanics when given time, which allowed him to set the record at Miami. I don't believe he has the skill set to last in the NFL.

So I'm not enfatuated, but you are apparently, especially in attacking his character. Other than maybe leaving too early there is absolutely zero that speaks negatively of his character. But you are pulling out all kinds of lame bullshīt to assail his. Why?

You imply you went to UM. Your degree?

Advertisement
It was an atrocious decision, no one know it more than Brad. I get people are ****ed. I get people were disappointed in him here and after he left. But kicking the kid and dumping salt on him after he is down is idiotic. He moved on, we moved on. It is what it is.

That's what he gets for continuing to listen to Golden even after his fat *** was fired.

I wish him the best of luck.

This. I hope some of the younger players on our team look at Yearby and Kaaya and realize getting to the NFL is hard and staying is even harder! GET YOUR DEGREE!!!! The NFL is not guaranteed and the lower you get picked, the less a team gives a **** about you. For years the JETS cut decent d-lineman in the hopes that Vernon Gholston would just magically wake up and 'get it' one day. Countless players got cut cause one GM didnt want to look like a fool! And this happens on every **** team! Im not saying thats the reason these two arent on a 53 man roster but it goes to show you just how tough it is to stay in the league. I feel for these guys and hope they land on their feet. KAAYA might not be a fan favorite right now but he was the face of our program for the last 3 years and handled it pretty well. The kid chased his dream. Ive got no issue with that

Advertisement
Read where He'll get signed to the Lions practice squad if He clears waivers...He'll be on somebody's squad regardless. Wish Him the best of luck.

Yearby and Kaaya both made bad decisions to leave early.
And so did Carlo Joseph many years ago.
But all three are grown **** men and we live in a country where people are entitled to do whatever the heck they
want to do, even if the decision turns out to ill-fated.
Let's just move on and wish the best for Yearby and Kaaya. They may or may not liked their time at UM, but for the
most part they were low-maintenance players and didn't harm or embarrass the school or program unlike some of
the other clowns in the past.
Best of luck to them going forward.

I can pretty much guarantee that OCCC has never taken the oath but he will tell you how much of a loser you are without knowing a single thing about you outside of this virtual space.

You can't make this schit up lulz

Advertisement
He did exactly the opposite of what he needed to do. He hurt us and destroyed himself.

I have no proof of any kind but my gut tells me that part of the reason his cheer mom pushed him to come out early was because she truly hates UM fans. She was a golden supporter all the way through. She also had some very angry exchanges on facebook with UM fans after the 2014 season. I thought that she felt Bard leaving early would hurt UM this season.

I cannot believe his mother would suggest a terrible move even partly to punish his school. I do accept that his advisers were totally FOS.

I would have to assume that his mom felt he would make an NFL roster. There can be little debate that he was going to be drafted in the late rounds. His NFL paperwork said that. My guess is that she felt he could make a roster and make his mark with his 2nd contract. Remember, Bard lived a chosen's one's life. Top HS QB, started day one at UM.

He did exactly the opposite of what he needed to do. He hurt us and destroyed himself.

I have no proof of any kind but my gut tells me that part of the reason his cheer mom pushed him to come out early was because she truly hates UM fans. She was a golden supporter all the way through. She also had some very angry exchanges on facebook with UM fans after the 2014 season. I thought that she felt Bard leaving early would hurt UM this season.

I cannot believe his mother would suggest a terrible move even partly to punish his school. I do accept that his advisers were totally FOS.

I would have to assume that his mom felt he would make an NFL roster. There can be little debate that he was going to be drafted in the late rounds. His NFL paperwork said that. My guess is that she felt he could make a roster and make his mark with his 2nd contract. Remember, Bard lived a chosen's one's life. Top HS QB, started day one at UM.

Well said SF.

Brad was a top QB but he wasn't highly recruited to tier-1 programs. But, all's well that ends well because he did make a 53-man roster and he'll be wearing number 8. I can't imagine he'll play this year but I'm going to wish him well.

Cutting QB Brad Kaaya backfires on Lions
“Allen Park – Every cut day brings tough decisions, but one was more difficult than the others for Detroit Lions general manager Bob Quinn, and it was a decision that ended up backfiring.

The Lions opted to roll with two quarterbacks, waiving sixth-round draft pick Brad Kaaya with the hope he would clear waivers and land back with the team’s practice squad. That didn’t happen, as he was claimed by the Carolina Panthers, much to Quinn’s chagrin.

That was a tough one,” Quinn told the team’s official website. “Brad came in and did a great job. When it came down to it, it was probably our hardest decision we made coming out of training camp. I’m personally happy for Brad that he’s on a 53. I’m disappointed that he’s not with us because I think he does have a future. We just had to make those tough decisions to keep the right 53 that’s going to help us win on Sundays.”

Advertisement
Absolutely surprised he made a 53 man roster..... I expect him to go no higher than #53 on the roster.

See.. This is why top recruit don't come here... terrible fan base who don't show up to games yet talk the most crap about their own players (till they do good in the league then their attitude totally switch then gloat to other fan bases about that player doing good in the NFL despite that player seeing a packed home game once or twice his entire 3-4 years here) or just bash the player even when they know **** well the coaching situation is partly to blame for their failures then have ill-will because that player didn't beat FSU while he was here.. sheesh man.. then y'all wonder why those recruits run to KKK states like Alabama or SEC country team.. cuz yah, they might be part of the KKK but they still show them more love then they get here.. Can't y'all just wish Kaaya, Yearby or who ever the best and move on?

See.. This is why top recruit don't come here... terrible fan base who don't show up to games yet talk the most crap about their own players (till they do good in the league then their attitude totally switch then gloat to other fan bases about that player doing good in the NFL despite that player seeing a packed home game once or twice his entire 3-4 years here) or just bash the player even when they know **** well the coaching situation is partly to blame for their failures then have ill-will because that player didn't beat FSU while he was here.. sheesh man.. then y'all wonder why those recruits run to KKK states like Alabama or SEC country team.. cuz yah, they might be part of the KKK but they still show them more love then they get here.. Can't y'all just wish Kaaya, Yearby or who ever the best and move on?
Lol at top recruits being worried about somebody calling out average talent as a reason they don't wanna come here.... we have plenty of top recruits that do so fake point u just made. Idgaf who commits to Alabama the kkk references mean little... Miami has just as many racists.

Also How can u call out a terrible fan base when you one of the main ones constantly talking down about this team?

Advertisement
Back