Bracketology

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Here's an interesting site to track it. We have an average of a 7.73, which I guess you round up to an 8 seed. I hope we show well to get out of the 8/9 game. I don't want to face a 1 seed after we win out first game. To be fair, I think some of these sites are North Korean and/or fat people in their mom's basements, but someone think's they're worthy. Regardless, it's useful to track all of them, like ESPN, CBS, etc. We're a 7 per Lunardi and Jerry Palm on CBS.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2017

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ideally we win 2 games and get a 7 seed in Acc, otherwise a Cuse loss, I think we are stuck in that 8/9 game. Which is what I said we were going into the season. An 8-9 seed that should win 1 game in the tourny, anything more is gravy.

I think that if we beat syracuse and unc then we would have a solid chance to be a 6 seed. It would be very hard obviously but if we pulled it off then I think we could upset a 3 seed and get to the sweet 16.

Advertisement
Just happy to be in the field of 65 (or however many they are up to now). Under a mere mortal coach, this was not an NCAAT team.

How much would our showing in the ACCT nudge the seed? Are we an 8-seed if we get deep-****ed in our first game and a 7-seed if we win it all (kek)?

How much would our showing in the ACCT nudge the seed? Are we an 8-seed if we get deep-****ed in our first game and a 7-seed if we win it all (kek)?

7 if we win it all???? No way... guaranteed 4 or 5 if we win it all! Worst case, a 6....

A loss vs. Syracuse would most likely keep UM at an 8 or possibly move them to a 9. A win vs. Syracuse and nothing else would keep them at the 8 or possible 7, but if they stay at the 8...they may get moved to a region like the West where they would not have a possible match-up with Villanova or Kansas in the second round. A win beyond Syracuse, like UNC or even Louisville/Duke, in the later rounds would be gravy and probably have them toying with a #6 seed.

I have been saying all along that I would love to see them go out west and get into Gonzaga's half of the bracket.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think win or lose our seed is still very fluid. Too many variables to pin us down. Committee has taken many liberties lately in over/under seeding 1 or 2 lines to cater to closer regions. What other teams in similar spots (6-10 seeds)do will effect us as well. Bottom line: Without an upset in ACCT we're at the mercy of the draw.

I think win or lose our seed is still very fluid. Too many variables to pin us down. Committee has taken many liberties lately in over/under seeding 1 or 2 lines to cater to closer regions. What other teams in similar spots (6-10 seeds)do will effect us as well. Bottom line: Without an upset in ACCT we're at the mercy of the draw.

And there is always the factor that, at least in the Coach L era, the committee has not been kind to UM. They can always count on getting a seed 1 or 2 spots lower than they deserve or put into the 'region of death'...or not getting in at all when they completely deserved to get in.

Advertisement
2016 UNC won the ACCT and got a # 1 seed at 28-6 and ranked # 3 after the ACCT.
2015 ND won the ACCT and got a # 3 seed at 29-5 and ranked # 8 after the ACCT.
2014 UVa won the ACCT and got a # 1 seed at 28-6 and ranked # 3 after the ACCT.
2013 Miami won the ACCT and got a # 2 seed at 27-6 and ranked # 5 after the ACCT.
2012 FSU won the ACCT and got a # 3 seed at 24-9 and ranked # 10 after the ACCT.

2016 UNC won the ACCT and got a # 1 seed at 28-6 and ranked # 3 after the ACCT.
2015 ND won the ACCT and got a # 3 seed at 29-5 and ranked # 8 after the ACCT.
2014 UVa won the ACCT and got a # 1 seed at 28-6 and ranked # 3 after the ACCT.
2013 Miami won the ACCT and got a # 2 seed at 27-6 and ranked # 5 after the ACCT.
2012 FSU won the ACCT and got a # 3 seed at 24-9 and ranked # 10 after the ACCT.

That's good stuff there. Every team was ranked in the top 10 after winning the tourney. FSU came into the 2012 ACCT ranked #17 in the country. I think that it is impossible for that top 10 ranking and a 3 seed after just getting knocked out of the top 25.

I reallllly just want to not end up playing Michigan State in Round 1. Not because of their roster but because I don't see Izzo being a one and done tournament coach two years in a row.

Advertisement
Back