Bracketology

Advertisement
**** this boards turned into the football board. Newtons awesome. Basketball isn't football.

Newton is awesome coming off the bench, he's a team killer when allowed to run the point. He's a volume scorer that lacks the handles and decision making ability to be a competent PG. He is a bench player, period. That's the role he is best suited for, and with Lykes arriving in the fall, that's the role he should play.

**** this boards turned into the football board. Newtons awesome. Basketball isn't football.

No it hasn't. Newton is a knucklehead. Your last point is irrefutably true.

Basketball players do dumb ****. It's a long game with a lot more game time than football. I've watched all season without having my brain tainted by message boards and what I see is a slashing guard being asked to play way out of position so a true freshman can play his role instead, and he hasn't been half bad at it. This team doesn't have a point guard and our one small white guy can't dribble and is slow af.

Basketball players do dumb ****. It's a long game with a lot more game time than football. I've watched all season without having my brain tainted by message boards and what I see is a slashing guard being asked to play way out of position so a true freshman can play his role instead, and he hasn't been half bad at it. This team doesn't have a point guard and our one small white guy can't dribble and is slow af.

You must not have watched the last two seasons then. He's been the same player for 3 years now. Very talented, very good at attacking the rim but way too often tries to take on 3 players and/or doesn't make the right basketball play. The past two years we had more talent and depth so it wasn't as obvious. This year we needed him to take on a larger leadership role and handle the ball which isn't his game. Hard to play point guard so I get it's not easy and he's out of position, but even when Brown his playing point he still forces way too much and causes turnovers. He also has not improved his shot or free throw shooting in his 3 years. However, he is the X factor. If he comes out and plays within himself and the team and picks his spots, we could win a few games in this tourney.

Advertisement

You must not have watched the last two seasons then. He's been the same player for 3 years now. Very talented, very good at attacking the rim but way too often tries to take on 3 players and/or doesn't make the right basketball play. The past two years we had more talent and depth so it wasn't as obvious. This year we needed him to take on a larger leadership role and handle the ball which isn't his game. Hard to play point guard so I get it's not easy and he's out of position, but even when Brown his playing point he still forces way too much and causes turnovers. He also has not improved his shot or free throw shooting in his 3 years. However, he is the X factor. If he comes out and plays within himself and the team and picks his spots, we could win a few games in this tourney.

My knucklehead comment referred as much to off the court as on the court.

Advertisement
Back