Bracketology (updated on the reg)

Advertisement
Besides obviously winning, here is what we want today:

Wins: FSU, BC (hahaha), Charlotte and Akron

Losses: NCST, Texas and Stanford

This season reminds me a lot of 2011-2012. Just miss the NCAAs, by a team or two, because we blew one game. If that means we ball out in next year, like we did in 2012-2013, I'll take the NITs this year.

Advertisement
Beat ND and it's a lock imo
That's a given.

NCST is saying the same thing about beating duke.

There's a lot of ball left to be played.

Just had an awakening. If we both win, we'd play each other

We're already locked in, even with an L to Pitt today.

Hey guys, I am going to join Miami's site in my spare time.

Tin_foil_hat_3.png

Beat ND and it's a lock imo
That's a given.

NCST is saying the same thing about beating duke.

There's a lot of ball left to be played.

Just had an awakening. If we both win, we'd play each other

We're already locked in, even with an L to Pitt today.

Hey guys, I am going to join Miami's site in my spare time.

Tin_foil_hat_3.png

That doesn't look like a potato to me...

VPI wins, so there's that

Go Green Bay!
Didn't happen, but that GB/Valpo game was fun to watch. Low scoring, but man--they were both busting their a$$es out there, great hustle, great passion...good mid-major title game.

BYU's loss helped us too. 3 out of the 4 games we needed to go our way to help our RPI, did.

Today - Wins by F$U (vs Clemson), BC (vs UNC), Charlotte (vs Middle Tenn), and Akron (vs Western Michigan) would help us.

Advertisement
Besides winning tonight, here is what you want:

Wins (RPI Booster): Illinois, FSU, UF, UL, Providence, Howard, So Alabama and Akron

Losses (At-Large Teams): VCU, TAMpon, Old Dominion, UCLA, Indiana, Texas, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Xavier, Colorado State and Stanford

Everything I'm reading say's a loss to ND and Miami's not getting in, nothing else matters...we'll see.

Everything I'm reading say's a loss to ND and Miami's not getting in, nothing else matters...we'll see.
That's pretty much the consensus. We're still Last 4 In, I believe, with a win over ND, but still "on the bubble"--which guarantees us nothing but either dancing, or a kick in the nuts Sunday night from the Selection committee. In order to be 100% comfortably in the Big Dance, we'll have to make it to the ACC Final, at least.

Advertisement
Everyone is saying if we lose tonight we're not in, but the reality is, the committee still will make a decision, and no one saying that is on the committee. Will we get in if we lose tonight? Probably not, but it's like we're going to be eliminated if we do (though Smokey's posts will be epic).

Thats false. Neither of the 2 biggest experts (Joe Lunardi, Jerry palm) have said that. All the B grade experts opinions mean nothing. Most of them just regurgitate things they read. Lunardi has a great track record so his opinion means most imo. Lose and its pretty much a coin flip. I will say with this being the primetime late game on ESPN eye will be a factor regardless what people say. Definetly need a big effort and i think we bring it win or lose.

Last edited:

Wins (RPI Booster): Illinois, FSU, UF, UL, Providence, Howard, So Alabama and Akron

Losses (At-Large Teams): VCU, TAMpon, Old Dominion, UCLA, Indiana, Texas, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Xavier, Colorado State and Stanford

No we don't want Illinois to win... they are getting crushed... we want them to lose... I know we played them but we want them to lose.

Advertisement
Another thing in our favor is that ACC has been climbing the rankings as a conference. 3 teams in top 9. 5 teams in top 19. Virginia/Duke Final would be best for conference outlook.

No we don't want Illinois to win... they are getting crushed... we want them to lose... I know we played them but we want them to lose.

Loss would keep us above them for a bid but a win would raise out rpi. Still rather a L

Loss would keep us above them for a bid but a win would raise out rpi. Still rather a L

I'd rather them be eliminated from a bid so to speak.. there are so many factors that go into RPI... unless they have a comeback in them, they are toast...

I'd rather them be eliminated from a bid so to speak.. there are so many factors that go into RPI... unless they have a comeback in them, they are toast...

I think we're the first team out. Illinois wont jump us unless we lose, and a loss ends the tourney hopes anyway.

I think we really need Indiana or Texas to get blown out. Indiana has Northwestern today who is not a pushover.

Advertisement
Back