Bracketology (updated on the reg)

I still think we have a chance to get in the NCAAs. We're obviously on the bubble, but, contrary to popular belief, we were not eliminated with the loss tonight, even though it's apparently the "cool" thing to post that we're going to the NIT. Almost every other team on the bubble is losing as well, and not helping their chances, so whether you want to believe it or not, it's going to come down to Sunday night, and the selection committee. There is a very good chance we don't get in, but we're not definitely out. The other teams people have "in," DO NOT have a better resume than us. I actually think we helped our case with the loss tonight. Obviously not as much as a win, but getting blown out would have been a killer. Losing a close game to a Top 15 team, coming back from 20 down, taking a lead, etc. We proved we can play with very good teams, and, believe it or not, the committee looks at that.

Everyone said our loss to FSU in the 2012 ACCT "Eliminated" us from the NCAAs. Well, the committee basically said we were the last team out, or the second to last team out, and that if it weren't for an upset or two in conference tournaments (I think St. Bonaventure winning the A-10 was a big one), we would have been in, despite all the experts on here knowing what was going to happen. We have no idea what's going to happen. Every year the committee makes a pick or two that come out of left field, or that the "experts" don't agree with, or that they didn't think going in. Also, everyone keeps pointing to 60 or lower as the magic RPI number. In the last 20 years, 13 or 14 teams with RPIs over 60 have been at large selections, so, again, we're not out just because of our RPI either.

So, unlike some on here, I'm going to actually watch the selection show on Sunday and pray. Do I expect us to get in? No. Would I be surprised if we got in? No.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I still think we have a chance to get in the NCAAs. We're obviously on the bubble, but, contrary to popular belief, we were not eliminated with the loss tonight, even though it's apparently the "cool" thing to post that we're going to the NIT. Almost every other team on the bubble is losing as well, and not helping their chances, so whether you want to believe it or not, it's going to come down to Sunday night, and the selection committee. There is a very good chance we don't get in, but we're not definitely out. The other teams people have "in," DO NOT have a better resume than us. I actually think we helped our case with the loss tonight. Obviously not as much as a win, but getting blown out would have been a killer. Losing a close game to a Top 15 team, coming back from 20 down, taking a lead, etc. We proved we can play with very good teams, and, believe it or not, the committee looks at that.

Everyone said our loss to FSU in the 2012 ACCT "Eliminated" us from the NCAAs. Well, the committee basically said we were the last team out, or the second to last team out, and that if it weren't for an upset or two in conference tournaments (I think St. Bonaventure winning the A-10 was a big one), we would have been in, despite all the experts on here knowing what was going to happen. We have no idea what's going to happen. Every year the committee makes a pick or two that come out of left field, or that the "experts" don't agree with, or that they didn't think going in. Also, everyone keeps pointing to 60 or lower as the magic RPI number. In the last 20 years, 13 or 14 teams with RPIs over 60 have been at large selections, so, again, we're not out just because of our RPI either.

So, unlike some on here, I'm going to actually watch the selection show on Sunday and pray. Do I expect us to get in? No. Would I be surprised if we got in? No.

Right on.

The bottom line is we lost (and it ***ing sucks), so now we wait. Yesterday was a pretty good day for bubble teams (in terms of us) as Ole Miss, Illinois, OKSU, St. Johns, ODU, TAMpon, Texas and Stanford lost.

I think overall it showed how the SEC is a sham and the Big 10 is weak (with the Iowa and Illinois lost).

Today hopefully Purdue, Temple, VCU, Indiana, Tulsa, Georgia, UCLA and Colorado State lose.

Our RPI (according to Palm) is boosted from the following wins: Florida, Providence, South Alabama, Akron and Notre Dame

The bottom line is we lost (and it ***ing sucks), so now we wait. Yesterday was a pretty good day for bubble teams (in terms of us) as Ole Miss, Illinois, OKSU, St. Johns, ODU, TAMpon, Texas and Stanford lost.

I think overall it showed how the SEC is a sham and the Big 10 is weak (with the Iowa and Illinois lost).

Today hopefully Purdue, Temple, VCU, Indiana, Tulsa, Georgia, UCLA and Colorado State lose.

Our RPI (according to Palm) is boosted from the following wins: Florida, Providence, South Alabama, Akron and Notre Dame

Just stop it already... we aren't getting in and don't deserve to get in. Next year!

Just stop it already... we aren't getting in and don't deserve to get in. Next year!

Yet NCST deserves an 8 seed? I'm keeping hope alive

Advertisement

Great, duly noted.

Great, duly noted.

At least you didn't call me a potato like you do to others...

Great, duly noted.

I think it's implied whenever you post now. You might as well change your screen name to Instant Potato.

Great, duly noted.

I think it's implied whenever you post now. You might as well change your screen name to Instant Potato.

Good to know this.

Advertisement

Great, duly noted.

Trust me you're a potato. You're a classic porster.

Lunardi still has us the first of the last four out. He has Ole Miss as one of the last 4 in, and Ole Miss lost yesterday to a horrid South Carolina team. I don't think Ole Miss gets in. He has Texas in. I'm not sure they get in. None of the guys on the set before our game thought Texas would get in. He has Temple in. If they lose, I don't think they're in.

Lunardi still has us the first of the last four out. He has Ole Miss as one of the last 4 in, and Ole Miss lost yesterday to a horrid South Carolina team. I don't think Ole Miss gets in. He has Texas in. I'm not sure they get in. None of the guys on the set before our game thought Texas would get in. He has Temple in. If they lose, I don't think they're in.
That ****** hates us. I know we aren't great, but TX Illinois and NCST should not necessarily get a nod over us, IMO anyway

Advertisement
We are currently predicted to be 1st team out. Just take a look at some teams expected to get in front of us. Oklahoma state is 1 i havent mentioned: 18-13 7th place in B12. 8-10 conf record. 1 and done in B12 tourney. Lost 6 of last 7. How.....in what world is that anywhere close to us. Let alone safely ahead of us?

Ive picked on AAC, A10, enough so looking at a few power conf teams. Indiana: 20-12 7th place in B10. 9-9 conf. 5-8 last 13 games. Since beating Maryland on Jan22nd only wins are vs Rutgers twice, Mich, Minn, NW. Thats pathetic. They play Maryland today. But just dont get how that compares to us if looking for most deserving team.

How about Ole Miss. They are more deserving there the others but still lost 4 of last 5 including 1 and done with bad loss in SEC tourney. 6th place in SEC. I think they are pretty comparable to Miami resume wise but we have better road record, best win, better record down stretch. And in a much better conference. Other than Kentucky we have 4 maybe 5 teams ranked ahead of there 2nd best. (Ark)

Advertisement
How about Ole Miss. They are more deserving there the others but still lost 4 of last 5 including 1 and done with bad loss in SEC tourney. 6th place in SEC. I think they are pretty comparable to Miami resume wise but we have better road record, best win, better record down stretch. And in a much better conference. Other than Kentucky we have 4 maybe 5 teams ranked ahead of there 2nd best. (Ark)
All homerism aside, it's just baffling. Couldn't we at least make it one of the play-in games? I mean geez

Hopefully Georgia, Indiana, UCLA, Tulsa and Ark go down.

It would be cool if Akron and South Bama win (RPI boosters).

Advertisement
Back