Bracketology (updated on the reg)

Besides winning tonight, here is what you want:

Wins (RPI Booster): Illinois, FSU, UF, UL, Providence, Howard, So Alabama and Akron

Losses (At-Large Teams): VCU, TAMpon, Old Dominion, UCLA, Indiana, Texas, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Xavier, Colorado State and Stanford

No we don't want Illinois to win... they are getting crushed... we want them to lose... I know we played them but we want them to lose.

Loss would keep us above them for a bid but a win would raise out rpi. Still rather a L

I'd rather them be eliminated from a bid so to speak.. there are so many factors that go into RPI... unless they have a comeback in them, they are toast...

I think we're the first team out. Illinois wont jump us unless we lose, and a loss ends the tourney hopes anyway.

I think we really need Indiana or Texas to get blown out. Indiana has Northwestern today who is not a pushover.

We are listed as 1st team out but we could lose by 70 and Illinois wouldnt be ahead of us. They are completely off the map. A loss today def doesnt end our ncaa hopes. I dont even wanna think about that though. Lets just go out and get a big win.

Advertisement
I don't follow this stuff as much as some of you, but it just blows my mind that a team with 20+ wins in the best conference in American (plus in the top 6 in the conf.) is even being talked about as not making the tournament. Maybe it's not relevant, but there is no way there is 68 better teams in the Country.

We have 21 wins, we have wins at Duke, Syracuse, Pitt, Florida, though the latter aren't very good this year. We have a home win over NC State, which is a good win. We have home wins over decent teams in Illinois and Clemson, and 10 regular season (11 overall) ACC wins. What we have going against us is our RPI, 61, and a couple of bad losses, Eastern KY, Ga Tech, Wake and FSU. I'm not counting Green Bay as a bad loss since they had 20+ wins and have basically the same RPI as we do. There aren't 68 better teams in the country, but you have 20 or something auto bids from crap conferences, so it's 40 something teams we're up against. I still think we're better than some of those teams that will get in, but if we don't, we can blame the committee, and we'd have merit, but in the end, we lost so many games we had won, or should have won (Wake, FSU, UVA, Louisville) that we really can only look in the mirror. The reality is, and the frustrating part is, the ACCT should have been us playing for a seed, not a bid. The ACCT should be determining whether we're a 6,7,8 or 9 seed, not whether we're in or out.

Last edited:
If Texas gets beat tonite by Iowa st and they still get in............it's blatant politics!! 8-10 in conference reeks of mediocrity!!!!!!!!!

If Texas gets beat tonite by Iowa st and they still get in............it's blatant politics!! 8-10 in conference reeks of mediocrity!!!!!!!!!

Texas fans think they are in regardless of tonight... I just don't see it... if you are below 500 in your conference, you shouldn't get in... PERIOD!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have 21 wins, we have wins at Duke, Syracuse, Pitt, Florida, though the latter aren't very good this year. We have a home win over NC State, which is a good win. We have home wins over decent teams in Illinois and Clemson, and 10 regular season (11 overall) ACC wins. What we have going against us is our RPI, 61, and a couple of bad losses, Eastern KY, Ga Tech, Wake and FSU. I'm not counting Green Bay as a bad loss since they had 20+ wins and have basically the same RPI as we do. There aren't 68 better teams in the country, but you have 20 or something auto bids from crap conferences, so it's 40 something teams we're up against. I still think we're better than some of those teams that will get in, but if we don't, we can blame the committee, and we'd have merit, but in the end, we lost so many games we had won, or should have won (Wake, FSU, UVA, Louisville) that we really can only look in the mirror. The reality is, and the frustrating part is, the ACCT should have been us playing for a seed, not a bid. The ACCT should be determining whether we're a 6,7,8 or 9 seed, not whether we're in or out.

I wanted to punch Lunardi in his stupid ******* toupe when asked about NCST winning last night and he said "it'll make the difference between an 8 seed or 9 seed."

This is the truth. If we don't get in, we certainly will have legitimate reasons as to why we should have been included. But, the reality is, if we had beat one of FSU, Wake or GT, three of the bottom teams in the ACC, we are almost certainly in, and had we beat two of those teams, we're definitely in with 12 regular season ACC wins. That doesn't even account for the games we should have won against UVA and Louisville, so it's not like we needed to get another good win to be in - we just needed to avoid a couple of the bad losses.

What sucks is that we generally play up to the level of competition, so if we do get in the tournament, I think we're a team that could put a scare into some of the top seeds. Unfortunately, because we played down to so many teams this season, we may not get that chance.

I wanted to punch Lunardi in his stupid ****ing toupe when asked about NCST winning last night and he said "it'll make the difference between an 8 seed or 9 seed."

I dont think they deserve a 8/9 as of now but they definetly deserve to be in. Dangerous team playing well as of late. Just makes our win vs them that much better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This team is just frustrating to watch. When we're good we're good and when we're bad we're awful.

Advertisement
Back