MEGA Bowl Games Mega Thread: Baga vs. Byzantine Baga

Advertisement
It took Kirby 5 years of having op talent to win anything. How long yall think it'll take a well run Miami team?
Who knows but it'll depend on other things unlike Georgia's situation. UGA's path to the title always ran through Alabama before they could even think about winning their own conference. Forgive me but with Clemson's coaching attrition and search for the next Trevor Lawrence, there is no behemoth waiting for you in the ACC title game. Miami could make the playoffs with less talent and in shorter order. Winning it all is another story.

Yea agree but we are tied to these top programs. What I mean by that is we win home state and we weaken UGA and bama. Us down benefits the SEC they rose cause of our trashness. Now that we are seriously and assuming we control sfla those teams will be directly effected by us. And that's not a good thing for them.
A Miami that got its act together, followed by a semi-competent FSU and Florida would do wonders to end this Alabama and Georgia run.

Who knows but it'll depend on other things unlike Georgia's situation. UGA's path to the title always ran through Alabama before they could even think about winning their own conference. Forgive me but with Clemson's coaching attrition and search for the next Trevor Lawrence, there is no behemoth waiting for you in the ACC title game. Miami could make the playoffs with less talent and in shorter order. Winning it all is another story.
We should win the ACC next year. With TVD and all the other "elite" acc QBs declaring. Anything less than winning the ACC is a fail.

A Miami that got its act together, followed by a semi-competent FSU and Florida would do wonders to end this Alabama and Georgia run.
Fvck that. I would rather UGA and Bama be good than FSU or UF being competent. Strong FSU and UF would pull florida kids even easier than Bama and UGA> I would rather FSU be good than UF though, at least FSU doesn't get the SEC edge with recruits.

Advertisement
Man I hope I’m wrong but the time it’s taking to announce our staff doesn’t give me a warm feeling.
I posted this right after you without seeing your post. I think we’ll be good on the recruiting side. My worry is coordinators. He needs guys at those spots who are strong

He needs really strong coordinators. I’m not getting any great feelings as this moves on without them announced.

So Young is a high 1st rounder but he’s not an NFL star? You know what that makes him? Ryan Tannehill or Tua. Lol.
No, I never said he would or wouldnt be a star lol. Where you go has a lot to do with the success a player has. How the player handles himself with positively or negatively effect their careers. So I can’t sit here and matter of factly say he’ll be a star at the next level..but he displays the tools to be drafted highly..

We should win the ACC next year. With TVD and all the other "elite" acc QBs declaring. Anything less than winning the ACC is a fail.
We better get a lot of good players in the portal. Right now we don’t have the players on defense. Definitely no depth except at safety.

Bro we really had people tryna sell Flagg to the board before this season and saying this the fastest defense we had in long time, we look good in camp.. BRUHHHHHHHHH.. We got a looooong way to go, TVD SAVE US!!!!
It’s tough when we have some talent but we are ultimately going against ourselves in practice

Seems like each year the thud of realization hits us when we go up against someone else

We can probably patchwork our way to the Coastal and maybe even the ACC but more so because it’s gotten so bad

To compete with the big boys and in meaningful bowl games we need a few years in my opinion but we can certainly do some damage in the meantime

Advertisement
Than UNC?
They are the closest to us, but we still have a lot more than them. They have close to us at the real top end. With SIlver and Grimes vs Taylor and Willliams for us, but we have a lot more good not great guys than them. Their defense looked good against the other bum *** ACC teams, but they were getting torched when they went against USCe.

It was a slow bleeeeed for sure..Bama was running it down there throat pause..I remember it was like 24-7 then Texas got 2 scores and Bama scored like 14 straight and that was it..ppl misremembering McCoy too. He was nice at Texas but he wasn’t a deshaun or Vince. He wasn’t taking that game over
Texas scored a field goal in Q1. 3-0. Got the ball back and got to the Alabama 1 yard line. Then Colt got hurt on a fluke injury…could throw the ball after due to nerve issues (similar to Marino and Manning in their final seasons). Texas has a chance to go up 10-0 on Bama but Garrett Gilbert does nothing. Instead it’s 6-0. Texas forces Alabama to punt and the Longhorns have the ball…but again freshman Gilbert is stymied.

Alabama has a monster second quarter and scores 24 unanswered. Are up 24-6 at half.

Gilbert finally gets going in the second half. Texas comes back, and it’s 21-24 Bama in the fourth. Alabama responds with a TD on the worn out Texas defense, then freshman Gilbert throws two interceptions to finish the game.

Advertisement
No, I never said he would or wouldnt be a star lol. Where you go has a lot to do with the success a player has. How the player handles himself with positively or negatively effect their careers. So I can’t sit here and matter of factly say he’ll be a star at the next level..but he displays the tools to be drafted highly..
I don’t doubt that he will be drafted highly. Tua was. I’m just on record as saying he won’t be a star in the league. You saw how he was under pressure tonight. That’s gonna be every Sunday for him in the NFL.

They are the closest to us, but we still have a lot more than them. They have close to us at the real top end. With SIlver and Grimes vs Taylor and Willliams for us, but we have a lot more good not great guys than them. Their defense looked good against the other bum *** ACC teams, but they were getting torched when they went against USCe.
I think they have better CBs, LBs and DTs if I had to guess. We need some portal players. If we can stabilize those spots I think we’ll beat them and win the coastal.

Advertisement
same its a huge red flag for me. I wanted to be optimistic here, but Mario needs elite coordinators to be succesful.
If it is ponce or hurtt in any capacity I’m out.
I posted this right after you without seeing your post. I think we’ll be good on the recruiting side. My worry is coordinators. He needs guys at those spots who are strong
Totally agree with you. I’m not Overreacting until a staff is named. So far we have some really good recruiters. Just need the X’s and O’s guys. The one that checks both those boxes is Trob I really hope he stays.

Fvck that. I would rather UGA and Bama be good than FSU or UF being competent. Strong FSU and UF would pull florida kids even easier than Bama and UGA> I would rather FSU be good than UF though, at least FSU doesn't get the SEC edge with recruits.
Actually, in a perfect world I’d rather none of them be “good”. Or even better, let them be as good as they need, but still all fall to Miami in due course.

I think they have better CBs, LBs and DTs if I had to guess. We need some portal players. If we can stabilize those spots I think we’ll beat them and win the coastal.
I disagree, but maybe with their incoming class they will be a lot better. Miami still had over 50% more blue chips than UNC.

Advertisement
Back