MEGA Bowl Games Mega Thread: Baga vs. Byzantine Baga

They are the closest to us, but we still have a lot more than them. They have close to us at the real top end. With SIlver and Grimes vs Taylor and Willliams for us, but we have a lot more good not great guys than them. Their defense looked good against the other bum *** ACC teams, but they were getting torched when they went against USCe.
Their d was terrible all year long. Grimes got burned over and over again. That was why they brought in Chizik. Toughen them up. Soft as heck other than Gemmel.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not by much. We have some front line talent but not nearly enough. And zero depth.
Not certain positions, agreed. Running back, quarterback, wide receiver, and TE should be okay. Linebacker and corner are the greatest concern, along with defensive tackle.

I disagree, but maybe with their incoming class they will be a lot better. Miami still had over 50% more blue chips than UNC.
At those spots though. That’s where we’re weak compared to them. I think they’ve out-recruited us at LB, CB and DT

Advertisement
There is plenty of players to go around... their best players are not even from Florida. We'll be alright.

Check it out my guy:
Smart has been at UGA since 2016. Since 2016, Florida have had 363 Blue Chip Players, out of those blue chips, 37 were listed as 5*

-UGA has recruited 24 blue chips (Seven 5*)
-Bama has recruited 29 blue chips (Nine 5*)
-Miami has recruited 55 blue chips (Three 5*)

Bama & UGA have recruited the same amount of blue chips, combined, as us during this time w/ more WAY more 5 star kids compared to us (**** near 50% of the blue chips have chosen either Bama or UGA).

They are getting the cream & we are getting a slew of lower 4 star players that have not planned out. Now, A&M is pushing their way for the upper tiered players.

Last edited:
Would be good for college football if Saban decided to hang up his spurs. Of course Dabo would take the Bama job, but he's not Saban.

Advertisement
It took Kirby 5 years of having op talent to win anything. How long yall think it'll take a well run Miami team?

I’ve been saying it’s going to take at least a couple of yrs. We have holes, plus there’s a culture change that will take place. We have some nice pieces, building blocks, but imo, we’ll need at least 2 classes + portal.

Look at the LBs and DTs in their 20 and 21 classes.

I have seen them. Silver didn't really get any playing time this year from what I saw when I watched them. And we will see I guess what their class next year looks like, but UNCs defense looked like trash against any team they played with a pulse. Miamis at least looked competent, just with terrible schemes.

It’s tough when we have some talent but we are ultimately going against ourselves in practice

Seems like each year the thud of realization hits us when we go up against someone else

We can probably patchwork our way to the Coastal and maybe even the ACC but more so because it’s gotten so bad

To compete with the big boys and in meaningful bowl games we need a few years in my opinion but we can certainly do some damage in the meantime
Couldnt believe we scheduled that bama game and with our deal with devil we get all ACC schedule the year prior before we play them, I still woulda cancelled for covid, **** it.. First drive we were getting blown off the ball and walked down the field, then we decide to put lead feet DJ ivey on a 10.2 100 meter track runner.. Left Ivey off the screen he took off on him soo bad..

Advertisement
If it is ponce or hurtt in any capacity I’m out.

Totally agree with you. I’m not Overreacting until a staff is named. So far we have some really good recruiters. Just need the X’s and O’s guys. The one that checks both those boxes is Trob I really hope he stays.
We getting both bro..

It took Kirby 5 years of having op talent to win anything. How long yall think it'll take a well run Miami team?
Around the same amount of time it took Harbaugh to take Michigan to the playoffs...

The trenches can’t be rebuilt overnight, it will take a quite a while before the run game is up to par.

And the defense will need a complete rebuild from the ground up.

Oh & we gotta spend $30million dollars a year to get 4 straight top 3 recruiting classes.

Advertisement
Back