Bowl Game...where we headed?

Advertisement
Pinstripe likely.

Gonna be interesting. Pinstripe may be intrigued by a Pitt - Penn State matchup.

For what it's worth, a station in Pittsburgh says it'll be Miami Wisconsin in the Pinstripe. PSU not being considered.

I believe Pitt and Penn State have agreed to restart that series (at least for a few years) starting in 2016. I wonder if they'd be hesitant to add a bowl game matchup prior?

We played UF in the sugar the year before we restarted the series with them

Pinstripe likely.

Gonna be interesting. Pinstripe may be intrigued by a Pitt - Penn State matchup.

For what it's worth, a station in Pittsburgh says it'll be Miami Wisconsin in the Pinstripe. PSU not being considered.

I believe Pitt and Penn State have agreed to restart that series (at least for a few years) starting in 2016. I wonder if they'd be hesitant to add a bowl game matchup prior?

We played UF in the sugar the year before we restarted the series with them

True. I have no reason to believe either program would balk at an invite but the Sugar is also a little different than the Pinstripe. I can almost see PSU's greasy fraud of a coach not wanting to risk the loss this year.

We'll be the 4th team ... After Clemson, UNC, and FSU.

Clemson in the playoffs. FSU probably goes higher than UNC as an at-large at 10-2, but UNC gets a good bowl at 11-2.

I think we'll get the Russell Athletic if UNC gets the Belk. But I'd prefer Music City. Nashville seems like it would be a good place to visit. Much better weather than NYC. Cheaper, too.

We're 5th in the pecking order. Notre Dame is an ACC team for bowl game purposes. Only way we get Russell Athletic Bowl is if Clemson, FSU, UNC and ND all make the final top 12 and get placed by the committee. Possible but not probable. The Russell will take whichever one of those teams doesn't make the top 12.

We'll be the 4th team ... After Clemson, UNC, and FSU.

Clemson in the playoffs. FSU probably goes higher than UNC as an at-large at 10-2, but UNC gets a good bowl at 11-2.

I think we'll get the Russell Athletic if UNC gets the Belk. But I'd prefer Music City. Nashville seems like it would be a good place to visit. Much better weather than NYC. Cheaper, too.

We're 5th in the pecking order. Notre Dame is an ACC team for bowl game purposes. Only way we get Russell Athletic Bowl is if Clemson, FSU, UNC and ND all make the final top 12 and get placed by the committee. Possible but not probable. The Russell will take whichever one of those teams doesn't make the top 12.

There is no pecking order anymore. The bowls are free to choose whomever they want. (Exceptions for playoff, and orange/peach)

Advertisement
There is no pecking order anymore. The bowls are free to choose whomever they want. (Exceptions for playoff, and orange/peach)

Dumb. What if three bowls pick North Carolina?

The pecking order is this: Playoffs, New Year's Six Bowls, Russell Athletic Bowl, then the other Tier I ACC bowls negotiate as a group.

Dumb. What if three bowls pick North Carolina?

The pecking order is this: Playoffs, New Year's Six Bowls, Russell Athletic Bowl, then the other Tier I ACC bowls negotiate as a group.

Reading comprehension not your strong suit?

Pecking order referred to teams, not bowls.

According to CBS sports as of this morning it has us going to the Taxslayer Bowl in Jacksonville against Miss St. Really not sure how I feel about that match up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back