Bowl Game...where we headed?

Pinstripe likely.

Gonna be interesting. Pinstripe may be intrigued by a Pitt - Penn State matchup.

For what it's worth, a station in Pittsburgh says it'll be Miami Wisconsin in the Pinstripe. PSU not being considered.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
A lot will depend on how well the other ACC teams fare over the next week. There's a decent chance all four teams ahead of Miami in the ACC will finish in the final top 12 and automatically be placed in the New Years bowls by the committee. Clemson and ND are locks to finish top 12 and a FSU win over UF almost certainly put them in the top 12 since the Gators are currently ranked 12 and FSU 13. UNC is at 14 and would most likely need help to finish top 12 unless they pull the upset over Clemson . In that dream scenario Miami would be the first acc team picked by the Russell Athletic bowl in Orlando.

Our division is locked up. Whether UNC wins in the conference title game is irrelevant. We'll end up 3rd in our division. At least the following teams will finish in front of us:

Clemson
UNC
Pitt (due to conference record, they have 2 losses, we have 3)
FSU

Louisville finished with a similar conference record then us, but our overall record's better so I think we hold the tie breaker there. So we'll end up 5th. I think we get the Pinstripe bowl.

Advertisement
A lot will depend on how well the other ACC teams fare over the next week. There's a decent chance all four teams ahead of Miami in the ACC will finish in the final top 12 and automatically be placed in the New Years bowls by the committee. Clemson and ND are locks to finish top 12 and a FSU win over UF almost certainly put them in the top 12 since the Gators are currently ranked 12 and FSU 13. UNC is at 14 and would most likely need help to finish top 12 unless they pull the upset over Clemson . In that dream scenario Miami would be the first acc team picked by the Russell Athletic bowl in Orlando.

Our division is locked up. Whether UNC wins in the conference title game is irrelevant. We'll end up 3rd in our division. At least the following teams will finish in front of us:

Clemson
UNC
Pitt (due to conference record, they have 2 losses, we have 3)
FSU

Louisville finished with a similar conference record then us, but our overall record's better so I think we hold the tie breaker there. So we'll end up 5th. I think we get the Pinstripe bowl.

Final conference standings don't matter as much anymore. Other than the Orange Bowl getting the ACC champ, when they're not a semis site, the bowls can pretty much pick whoever they want. There is no more slotting based on final conference ranking.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pinstripe likely.

Gonna be interesting. Pinstripe may be intrigued by a Pitt - Penn State matchup.

For what it's worth, a station in Pittsburgh says it'll be Miami Wisconsin in the Pinstripe. PSU not being considered.

I believe Pitt and Penn State have agreed to restart that series (at least for a few years) starting in 2016. I wonder if they'd be hesitant to add a bowl game matchup prior?

Russell Athletic
Belk
Pinstripe
Sun
Music City
Tax slayer

Those are our choices. Russell athletic has first choice, then the others are all equal in selection. I don't expect Russell to select us, but stranger things have happened.

We'll be the 4th team ... After Clemson, UNC, and FSU.

Clemson in the playoffs. FSU probably goes higher than UNC as an at-large at 10-2, but UNC gets a good bowl at 11-2.

I think we'll get the Russell Athletic if UNC gets the Belk. But I'd prefer Music City. Nashville seems like it would be a good place to visit. Much better weather than NYC. Cheaper, too.

If the new coach gets announced it could affect our pick. If it is an exciting one then it helps ratings. We have known QB, if future looks bright it would boost.

Advertisement
Back