Off-Topic Bourbon Heads

Advertisement
Things heating up in here! To us 🥃!

1637030821281.jpeg

Advertisement
I like this Blanton’s talk. Been seeing a ton at Duty Free which does me absolutely no good. Price was $99.99 so the price is increasing it appears.

It may be "duty free," but just like when your the local ganja dealer tries selling twenty sacks for $25... "that ****'s taxed!"
That Supply & Demand is an uncaring mvtherfvcker.

Finally found a bottle of Eagle Rare yesterday. Almost impossible to find anything from Buffalo Trace other than their standard bottle.

For my Bourbon Heads who love the BTAC and live near Pembroke Pines...

I strongly recommend Unit B Eatery + Spirits (it's a restaurant with a wonderfully stocked bar hidden away in the Shops at Pembroke Gardens). It's the sister restaurant of the speak-easy style bar in Fort Lauderdale owned by the same group. They have a deal with Buffalo Trace on allocation on some of their products. I was in there yesterday and they had shelves upon shelves of Weller's Full Proof and Eagle Rare (dozens of bottles on display). They also had Blanton's, Pappy's 10, 12, 15, 20, and 23 (not terribly priced at $60 for a double of the 12 year), and even had some 2019 George T. Stagg (not just the Jr.) at the bar. Best of all, they do Whiskey Wednesdays where all pours of Weller's Full Proof and their old fashions (using Buffalo Trace) are half off. Staff is very friendly, too.

Advertisement
Finally found a bottle of Eagle Rare yesterday. Almost impossible to find anything from Buffalo Trace other than their standard bottle.
Ask around for this. Not many know it’s Buffalo Trace. Oh, and it’s $15…lol

Attachments

• 2E6C582E-1875-40A9-8FA4-C6FDF4B3C5D0.jpeg
    2E6C582E-1875-40A9-8FA4-C6FDF4B3C5D0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Any scotch drinkers?
Glenlivet single malt, 12 years.

Not related but,

Last edited:
I'm a scotch guy...Highland Park 18 and Macallan 15 are a couple favorites

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys, I recently found a bottle of George ****el Single Barrel 15yr old, at a local country liquor store. Had never heard too much about the brand, and when I saw the price. $60 for a 15yr old Tennessee. My thoughts were, “Either it’s ***, or it’s a helluva bargain”. Started not to buy it, but I did cause at worse…. it’s still a 15yr old whiskey. Boy am I glad I bought it. I instantly fell in love 😍 with this shizz. Helluva bargain. Now I gotta wait till payday to buy 2-3 more cause they probably gonna stop selling it soon. Best whiskey i ever had. Hit every note I wanted it to. Add a splash of spring water and let it sit for a couple minutes, put it near your nose ….OMG! The nose is so **** inviting, it’ll make you wanna drink it. I’ve never polished off a bottle so fast. It’s deliciousness in a bottle, 😂. I’m saving one shot for New Years. I am a big fan, now. Over the years, I’ve learned 3 things about whisky (as the folks at George ****el spells it, lol)
1. We all like, what we like! What’s good to you, may not be good to the next man.
2. All whiskeys are not the same. Recipes are different, barrel time is different. Try em all. You may find something you like more than your favorite.
3. Stop mixing expensive liquor with soda. It’s not meant for that. Some of y’all outchea fuccin up $100 liquor with a $2 soda. If you wanna chase it, then chase it, but stop fuccin up good liquor!!!
I’m out.

Attachments

• 40A6C5C6-2D7E-4225-A791-D9A02A68EB37.jpeg
    40A6C5C6-2D7E-4225-A791-D9A02A68EB37.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Guys, I recently found a bottle of George ****el Single Barrel 15yr old, at a local country liquor store. Had never heard too much about the brand, and when I saw the price. $60 for a 15yr old Tennessee. My thoughts were, “Either it’s ***, or it’s a helluva bargain”. Started not to buy it, but I did cause at worse…. it’s still a 15yr old whiskey. Boy am I glad I bought it. I instantly fell in love 😍 with this shizz. Helluva bargain. Now I gotta wait till payday to buy 2-3 more cause they probably gonna stop selling it soon. Best whiskey i ever had. Hit every note I wanted to. Add a splash of spring water and let it sit for a couple minutes, put it near your nose ….OMG! The nose is so **** inviting, it’ll make you wanna drink it. I’ve never polished off a bottle so fast. It’s gah**** deliciousness in a bottle, 😂. I’m saving one shot for New Years. I am a big fan, now. Over the years, I’ve learned 3 things about whisky (as the folks at George ****el spells it, lol)
1. We all like, what we like! What’s good to you, may not be good to the next man.
2. All whiskeys are not the same. Recipes are different, barrel time is different. Try em all. You may find something you like more than your favorite.
3. Stop mixing expensive liquor with soda. It’s not meant for that. Some of y’all outchea fuccin up $100 liquor with a $2 soda. If you wanna chase it, then chase it, but stop fuccin up good liquor!!!
I’m out.
We ordered some Pappys 12 Year at a bar last weekend and the bartender told me someone tried to order it in an Old Fashioned once

He denied them. He said nope can’t do it

Advertisement
Back