Bottomline: Not a Cookie Cutter Analysis

Advertisement
I know we lost but it was refreshing to see us get our **** together at the end when the game was on the line

Huge stop by defense.
Finally berrios with a big play
Touchdown to tie it.

****ty offensive performance overall but it was nice to see us finally come back with fight at the end of a close game.

All that is true.

But the Great Canes Teams of ages past could close the deal. This one can't do that yet. It will. Just not yet.

It took a while to learn how to close the deal. Even after the '83 championship, have people forgotten how we closed out the '84 season. The collapse versus Maryland. The 'Hail Flutie". The Fiesta Bowl Disaster I. There were calls for JJ's head after the '84 season.

We're all overreacting to a loss that hasn't hurt as much as the Fiesta Bowl against OSU. Overall, Coley has played well this year. On its own, the penalties didn't kill us. Sure Brad made his mistakes but he was under an onslaught from the first play and he wasn't thrown a life line. The OL played like sh*t, but they were asked to do things that they were physically incapable of doing. They were also thrown to the wolves (splitting tight ends wide with no chance to help, no RB help for pass blocking, not calling three step drops, etc). The lack of depth didn't affect as much as people say. We are particularly deep on the defensive line where lack of depth is most keenly felt. This was a collective brain fart. There's no single villain and no silver bullet that anyone can hang there hat on to make them feel comfortable.

As LU said in a different thread, we will find out about this team over the next three games. This is where Richt will earn his money and show us the difference between this staff and the previous.

Come on - we dont need to see the next few games to see the difference between the previous staff and this one
- We have a lot less talent and what we do have is very very very young.
- As one of the announcers mentioned a few weeks ago "I don't ever remember a team playing 3 True Freshman at LB - ever"

Hate to say 2016 is going to be a year where we are teaching high school kids to play at the next level but that is where we stand

It's not a question of talent. It a question of turning the team around and getting them ready to play rather than giving up on the season.

The talent question only comes into play if you're talking about a play-off berth. That talk last week, before the FSU game, of the possibilities, was over the top.

Advertisement
We do not have Miami caliber talent at the WR position. Not even close. Thank God for AR15.

The first thing Richt commented on when he took over was the lack of speed at the WR position.

Yes I quoted my own post. Just thought about it though. He knew how thin we were right away.

The O-line is atrocious. Like its not even funny how bad they especially are in critical downs.

That play at the end of the game where Darling dove at #9 's legs and just outright missed was one of the worst things I've ever seen from a left tackle. He's likely to get Kaaya killed if he keeps that up.

We do not have Miami caliber talent at the WR position. Not even close. Thank God for AR15.

The first thing Richt commented on when he took over was the lack of speed at the WR position.

Yes I quoted my own post. Just thought about it though. He knew how thin we were right away.

And yet, none of our current WR commits are known for their speed.

FWIW, Coley and Ricards are both fast. For the 2nd year in a row, FSU couldn't cover Coley.

And yet, none of our current WR commits are known for their speed. FWIW, Coley and Ricards are both fast. For the 2nd year in a row, FSU couldn't cover Coley.

To be fair, his comments were pre-AR15. Hopefully we will bring someone in who can stretch the field. That was the plan for the kid who ended up at Tennessee last minute. Not the *** one, the WR.

Advertisement
I think Richt is a smart guy who unlike folden will make adjustments. I think with the QB's we've recruited we will have some good years ahead of us. I think we still make the ACC game. What sucks the most IMO is that we have to wait another **** year to beat FSU (because they will not be winning the atlantic), and that again we lost a game we should have won. I once again, as I have for the last 3 years, Feel awful for the seniors who were unable to win a game vs FSU in their time at the U.

Play calling is being for a large part impacted by our OL not being good. Inconsistent blocking, QB getting happy feet in the pocket, being put in long yardage downs because of penalties, dropped passes, and poor OL execution. Richt didn't call a great game but that's not why we lost.

Richt is calling plays based on the talent he has and we're lacking in some key areas, mainly OL. Richt had a few plays that were head scratchers, would love for the media to ask him why he ran it on 1st and 20 and 2nd and 18.

I think the real problem with Richts play calling is that he's unwilling to call multiple passes in a row. Basically he's too forceful with the run, instead of just going with the flow of the game. He's trying to do too much power runs that our OL just can't open up holes on. If he starts opening up the offense more, and not handcuffing our offense to the power run game we will be fine the rest of the year. And I'm not saying we need to be in more shotgun but we definitely don't need to be running it as much, especially when its getting completely shut down.

umm, he didn't call a run play until the third drive. .......

Advertisement
Back