Bostwick and Kirkland

Advertisement
First Bostwick never committed. Being quiet in your recruitment if you're from so-called enemy territory is the way to go about it if you want to leave. Why Bama would affect his decision between Miami and Florida is a riddle you're gonna have to solve for us.

My bad, I thought he had committed at one point. Nevertheless, I think it's fair to say he's been a "lean" for a few weeks. As for the Bama stuff, if big schools like FSU, UF, Bama start heating up on a kid late in the recruiting cycle that usually means they are zeroing in on their last few targets. They usually get them. Anecdotally, that's what I've found in the time I've followed recruiting (which has been a while).

UF has been on him from the word "go". They have always been our biggest competition but we have always been his leader.

So we started off with a huge lead for the kid (according to him and everyone around him). Maybe it's just me but I don't see us letting him slip away.

First Bostwick never committed. Being quiet in your recruitment if you're from so-called enemy territory is the way to go about it if you want to leave. Why Bama would affect his decision between Miami and Florida is a riddle you're gonna have to solve for us.

My bad, I thought he had committed at one point. Nevertheless, I think it's fair to say he's been a "lean" for a few weeks. As for the Bama stuff, if big schools like FSU, UF, Bama start heating up on a kid late in the recruiting cycle that usually means they are zeroing in on their last few targets. They usually get them. Anecdotally, that's what I've found in the time I've followed recruiting (which has been a while).

UF has been on him from the word "go". They have always been our biggest competition but we have always been his leader.

So we started off with a huge lead for the kid (according to him and everyone around him). Maybe it's just me but I don't see us letting him slip away.

At least we know it won't be for lack of effort.

I don't get why people are talking about PSL like its Ocala or something. Definitely not enemy territory.

I don't get why people are talking about PSL like its Ocala or something. Definitely not enemy territory.

According to google maps, it's about a 20 min drive to Ft. Pierce. THAT is Gator country.

Advertisement
Pete,

Ferman AND a few other people are now saying that Bostwick is more likely to end up somewhere else rather than at Miami. Thoughts?

Also, are there any outstanding issues with Kirkland that are causing a hitch in his recruitment? Reading that he's not as much of a lock as assumed.

I've posted several times my uneasiness about Bostwick...

- Kid is from enemy territory
- committed to us early
- Florida was his last OV
- kid has been quiet during his recruitment
- Bama started creeping into the picture

You combine all those things and that combo usually spells Gator.

He never commited to us
kid has been working on his grades thats why he has been quiet and he hates to do interviews thats why his dad does them

Parents are big UM fans and related to Armbrister
Originally from Hollywood FL so they are Miami fans.

The gators are making a good run late but he's coming to Miami. His grades are better but i wouldn't be surprised if the Clearinghouse flagged him...

According to google maps, it's about a 20 min drive to Ft. Pierce. THAT is Gator country.

And its less than an hour from Palm Beach which is theoretically Miami territory. Plus, what jandman said.

my gut still says Miami. Part of me thinks he is trying to drum up interest for his ESPN announcement. ESPN pushes these kids to this because they want ratings.

but if he does visit this weekend then I guess we have a fighting chance

Possible, but it's not consistent with his behavior. If he wanted the pub, I would think he would be more active with interviews, twitter, etc.

It doesn't have to be coming straight from the kid to be 'legit info from sources close to' (insert player's name here).

His HS coach could be floating misinformation or half-truths in order to drum up interest. His parents could be doing the same. Teammates. Etc. The kid isn't always the source, the reason, or the one seeing the noise surrounding his recruitment. We should have all learned that by now.

Does it mean Bostwick is a lock? Nope. But should we keep it in mind? Yep.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pete,

Ferman AND a few other people are now saying that Bostwick is more likely to end up somewhere else rather than at Miami. Thoughts?

Also, are there any outstanding issues with Kirkland that are causing a hitch in his recruitment? Reading that he's not as much of a lock as assumed.

I've posted several times my uneasiness about Bostwick...

- Kid is from enemy territory
- committed to us early
- Florida was his last OV
- kid has been quiet during his recruitment
- Bama started creeping into the picture

You combine all those things and that combo usually spells Gator.

He never commited to us
kid has been working on his grades thats why he has been quiet and he hates to do interviews thats why his dad does them

Parents are big UM fans and related to Armbrister
Originally from Hollywood FL so they are Miami fans.

The gators are making a good run late but he's coming to Miami. His grades are better but i wouldn't be surprised if the Clearinghouse flagged him...

All good points.

Advertisement
Bostwick- I'm not too confident but there's time to change that

Kirkland- that stuff Ferman is saying about him "not being a priority" is so wrong. Yeah, there's a chance he might not end up here (as there is with all these kids), but if he doesn't then it won't be for a lack of recruiting him hard enough. Miami wants him badly. I was told months ago there were some grades concerns on the low, so I'm not sure if that could be a hold-up, and I also posted last night in the NSD Buzz Thread that the staff is trying to work on his step-dad who is kind of unsure about Miami. In the end, I still think he winds up a Cane.

lol if we whiff on Bostwick and Bryant, that would be such a terrible failure. The biggest need on the god **** team.

Advertisement
Bostwick- I'm not too confident but there's time to change that

Kirkland- that stuff Ferman is saying about him "not being a priority" is so wrong. Yeah, there's a chance he might not end up here (as there is with all these kids), but if he doesn't then it won't be for a lack of recruiting him hard enough. Miami wants him badly. I was told months ago there were some grades concerns on the low, so I'm not sure if that could be a hold-up, and I also posted last night in the NSD Buzz Thread that the staff is trying to work on his step-dad who is kind of unsure about Miami. In the end, I still think he winds up a Cane.

What happened to the 90%??

If it did I don't think it would be from a lack of effort on our end.

Advertisement
Back