Bostwick and Kirkland

wushah

Junior
Pete,

Ferman AND a few other people are now saying that Bostwick is more likely to end up somewhere else rather than at Miami. Thoughts?

Also, are there any outstanding issues with Kirkland that are causing a hitch in his recruitment? Reading that he's not as much of a lock as assumed.

Advertisement
As Cane4Life and myself have previously stated, expect the unexpected in NSD. Too many folks on this board criticize FSU's boards but all Miami boards are the same-- most guys think we get them all, LOL. Folks on all boards think they know what is going on but NO One knows.

Advertisement
As Cane4Life and myself have previously stated, expect the unexpected in NSD. Too many folks on this board criticize FSU's boards but all Miami boards are the same-- most guys think we get them all, LOL. Folks on all boards think they know what is going on but NO One knows.

While I agree, thinking we would get every single recruit may be a bit of a stretch, there is a big difference between thinking you will get all of the recruits in YOUR OWN backyard versus thinking you are going to go into someone else's backyard and steal every single recruit.

Advertisement
Pete,

Ferman AND a few other people are now saying that Bostwick is more likely to end up somewhere else rather than at Miami. Thoughts?

Also, are there any outstanding issues with Kirkland that are causing a hitch in his recruitment? Reading that he's not as much of a lock as assumed.

I've posted several times my uneasiness about Bostwick...

- Kid is from enemy territory
- committed to us early
- Florida was his last OV
- kid has been quiet during his recruitment
- Bama started creeping into the picture

You combine all those things and that combo usually spells Gator.

my gut still says Miami. Part of me thinks he is trying to drum up interest for his ESPN announcement. ESPN pushes these kids to this because they want ratings.

but if he does visit this weekend then I guess we have a fighting chance

First Bostwick never committed. Being quiet in your recruitment if you're from so-called enemy territory is the way to go about it if you want to leave. Why Bama would affect his decision between Miami and Florida is a riddle you're gonna have to solve for us.

Advertisement
my gut still says Miami. Part of me thinks he is trying to drum up interest for his ESPN announcement. ESPN pushes these kids to this because they want ratings.

Possible, but it's not consistent with his behavior. If he wanted the pub, I would think he would be more active with interviews, twitter, etc.

Possible, but it's not consistent with his behavior. If he wanted the pub, I would think he would be more active with interviews, twitter, etc.

Making a decision on signing day gets you plenty of pub. Grace is doing it for TV time. Every one believes he is a Cane. Coley is waiting. Kids want the moment on TV. Interviews with people like Ferman are probably more a nuisance than anything else.

First Bostwick never committed. Being quiet in your recruitment if you're from so-called enemy territory is the way to go about it if you want to leave. Why Bama would affect his decision between Miami and Florida is a riddle you're gonna have to solve for us.

My bad, I thought he had committed at one point. Nevertheless, I think it's fair to say he's been a "lean" for a few weeks. As for the Bama stuff, if big schools like FSU, UF, Bama start heating up on a kid late in the recruiting cycle that usually means they are zeroing in on their last few targets. They usually get them. Anecdotally, that's what I've found in the time I've followed recruiting (which has been a while).

Advertisement
Pete,

I've posted several times my uneasiness about Bostwick...

- Kid is from enemy territory
- committed to us early
- Florida was his last OV
- kid has been quiet during his recruitment
- Bama started creeping into the picture

You combine all those things and that combo usually spells Gator.

Bostwick is NOT from enemy territory in any way, shape or form. Name the last recruit UF pulled that went to HS on the Treasure Coast? FSU goes toe-to-toe with us here, but even them I'd say it's even at worst. And our fans are very well represented up here. Lots of transplants from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

My bad, I thought he had committed at one point. Nevertheless, I think it's fair to say he's been a "lean" for a few weeks. As for the Bama stuff, if big schools like FSU, UF, Bama start heating up on a kid late in the recruiting cycle that usually means they are zeroing in on their last few targets. They usually get them. Anecdotally, that's what I've found in the time I've followed recruiting (which has been a while).

UF has always been on him. They aren't just zeroing in.

Remember what Golden said when he first took over? We need to stop expecting to get beat by teams like Bama when they recruit in south Florida. He said the fans need to stop as well.

While I agree, thinking we would get every single recruit may be a bit of a stretch, there is a big difference between thinking you will get all of the recruits in YOUR OWN backyard versus thinking you are going to go into someone else's backyard and steal every single recruit.
This is exactly what I tell fsu fans when they call us delusional, at least we don't go around saying we're gonna get all these studs from first coast in jax or Lincoln in Tallahassee, that's basically what they're saying to us except it's a school like BTW instead

Advertisement
Back