Bostwick and Kirkland

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sorry fellas. I love Golden. Great recruiter. I'm all in with coach, but if he doesn't land either Bryant or Bostwick (should have had 2 frosh DTs of this caliber), then it's a massive fail. The expectation is what it is regardless of effort. Bryant/ Bostwick, at a minimum one of them, is an absolute neccessity.

lol if we whiff on Bostwick and Bryant, that would be such a terrible failure. The biggest need on the god **** team.

U really expect these 2 to play and have an impact immediately?

This

We need to close on Bostwick, but its ridiculous to expect a freshmen DT to become an instant game changer.

Cmon. You don't expect them to be instant game-changers, but they need to start the process of getting through the system/ program. They have to mature, get through S & C, and evolve and mature. If we don't get these guys now, it sets you back another year regardless of JUCO DTs who, btw, I don't usually have a whole lot of faith in.

Advertisement
Sorry fellas. I love Golden. Great recruiter. I'm all in with coach, but if he doesn't land either Bryant or Bostwick (should have had 2 frosh DTs of this caliber), then it's a massive fail. The expectation is what it is regardless of effort. Bryant/ Bostwick, at a minimum one of them, is an absolute neccessity.

That's a massive overreaction.

No, maybe the language of Fail is strong, but that was a tier 1 need.

Bostwick- I'm not too confident but there's time to change that

Kirkland- that stuff Ferman is saying about him "not being a priority" is so wrong. Yeah, there's a chance he might not end up here (as there is with all these kids), but if he doesn't then it won't be for a lack of recruiting him hard enough. Miami wants him badly. I was told months ago there were some grades concerns on the low, so I'm not sure if that could be a hold-up, and I also posted last night in the NSD Buzz Thread that the staff is trying to work on his step-dad who is kind of unsure about Miami. In the end, I still think he winds up a Cane.

What happened to the 90%??

Maybe he's exploring that 10%.

Advertisement
lol if we whiff on Bostwick and Bryant, that would be such a terrible failure. The biggest need on the god **** team.

This

We need to close on Bostwick, but its ridiculous to expect a freshmen DT to become an instant game changer.

Cmon. You don't expect them to be instant game-changers, but they need to start the process of getting through the system/ program. They have to mature, get through S & C, and evolve and mature. If we don't get these guys now, it sets you back another year regardless of JUCO DTs who, btw, I don't usually have a whole lot of faith in.

What exactly are you arguing? All TK and I said was you can't expect this kid to be in the backfield day 1.

Maybe in spot duty, but overall no. But 2 years down the line absolutely, can't keep losing guys like this and replacing them with Corey kings and Darius smiths of the world.

It's not at all. It's the one area of the team where we've really failed to bring in difference makers under Golden and Franklin. It could be the difference between a good year and a special year in 2014, 2015, 2016. Three years of recruiting failure here is a serious, legitimate issue.

Advertisement

Not really. I'm not crying about it. I'm making a statement of fact. Perhaps your expectations aren't as high. Mine are irrespective of who the head coach is. I've been following recruiting for a long time, so I'm not new to this. It is what it is. You either hit your targets or you don't.

It's not at all. It's the one area of the team where we've really failed to bring in difference makers under Golden and Franklin. It could be the difference between a good year and a special year in 2014, 2015, 2016. Three years of recruiting failure here is a serious, legitimate issue.

We don't really know that The Don has failed to bring in difference makers at DT because the guys he's brought in haven't been here long enough to determine whether or not they are difference makers. Warren Sapp wasn't a difference maker as a freshman or sophomore. Neither were any of our other great DTs and neither are most of the great DTs in college ball over the years.

It's not at all. It's the one area of the team where we've really failed to bring in difference makers under Golden and Franklin. It could be the difference between a good year and a special year. Three years of failure here is a serious, legitimate issue.

I agree that not bringing in any big time freshmen DTs in this class would be a failure, but let's not prematurely label last season's DT haul as a failure. My money says that at least 2 of Briscoe, Ivery, and Moore will be significant positive contributors here in the future. Hamilton may also eventually end up at DT

This

What exactly are you arguing? All TK and I said was you can't expect this kid to be in the backfield day 1.

Okay. So you're stating the obvious. No salient point to be made? If you aren't restocking at program like this, then you're not doing what needs to be done at that position.

Advertisement
Back