Bond Recaps Visit

View as article
Advertisement
@CaneSuger: without a decent, consistent DT that can command double teams, collapse the pocket, and not get driven back to the second level all the **** time a pass rushing DE is useless. The opposing OL will just key on the DE, maybe double him if the DT is hot garbage, maybe have a back chip him, and it makes him ineffective.

A juco DT is the most important recruit for the 2013 class for the short term future for this team.

Shortest and fastest way to a QB is a straight line in front of his face. A disruptive DT makes the rest of the defense better. Demands a double team, opening blitzing lanes and clogging run gaps. Bond would be a great pull, but a stud JUCO DT is just with the doctor ordered.

They're all important. You win in the trenches. If I had to choose one or the other though, I would favor a disruptive DT.

Advertisement
Of course you do. Miami fans have a DT fetish and can't see past that.

However, a good DE is what we are really missing right now. Shayon Green is a liability out there.

More important than Hooks IMO. We need a pass rush.

I disagree, especially if the rumors about porter leaving are true.

Fetish? wtf? Thanks for your insightful input. I want def tackles, bc controlling the line of scrimmage is the most important key to a strong defense. We are ridiculously weak at the point of attack right now, and losing porter will just exacerbate that deficiency. While pass rushing is critical as well, you're delusional to suggest getting a def end is somehow more important.

You are just trying to delude yourself by arbitrarily minimizing the potential loss of hooks. But if that is how u get through the ups and downs of recruiting, carry on.

@CaneSuger: without a decent, consistent DT that can command double teams, collapse the pocket, and not get driven back to the second level all the **** time a pass rushing DE is useless. The opposing OL will just key on the DE, maybe double him if the DT is hot garbage, maybe have a back chip him, and it makes him ineffective.

A juco DT is the most important recruit for the 2013 class for the short term future for this team.

Yup. Without those DTs, a QB just steps up in the pocket.

I have no dog in the fight DE versus DT. I'd be stoked with either. But if you look at the NFL, a pass-rushing DE is one of the most highly drafted and in demand positions. Always hear how to build a team is with a QB, LT, DE, and CB. Like I said though, I don't favor either and would be equally happy to get one, and if we get both, I shall gloriously fap to it without shame.

Advertisement
Sorry if this was mentioned in the article or previous posts, but how many years of eligiblity would Bond have? 3 years to play 2?

Is 6' 3" 230 closer to 6' 1" 218? If so, that's who we expect to be an edge rush guy?

Is 6' 3" 230 closer to 6' 1" 218? If so, that's who we expect to be an edge rush guy?

Psh, Gabe Terry would be a better bet if that's the case. At least GT is going to get a year of UTOUGH. GT will probably be about 225-230 next year

Advertisement
Back