Bogle

My insiders at TradeStation said the Bama VIX has record volume due to coaching departures.

Advertisement
N
Ivins said he thinks Miami will send multiple coaches next week to see Bogle. Not sure how hard they will push.

Interesting from the Bama board just now: Coaches were out visiting defensive targets today. Lupoi and Pannuzio went to Bogle. Golding went to another kid in Georgia. Both the kids had Kul as their primary recruiters. Rumor is there are more coaches "leaving" the Bama staff. Their board speculating that Kul may be one of them who will be "gone". Saban NOT happy
maybe kool finally makes the jump to the league?

Ivins said he thinks Miami will send multiple coaches next week to see Bogle. Not sure how hard they will push.

Interesting from the Bama board just now: Coaches were out visiting defensive targets today. Lupoi and Pannuzio went to Bogle. Golding went to another kid in Georgia. Both the kids had Kul as their primary recruiters. Rumor is there are more coaches "leaving" the Bama staff. Their board speculating that Kul may be one of them who will be "gone". Saban NOT happy
This is shocking

Advertisement
As a recent graduate of Gibbons who’s friends with players and knows the vibe of the school, I can say Gibbons isn’t hugely pro-UM. A LOT of the students, probably 75%, go to UF, FSU, Bama- it’s the culture there.

Not to mention, I’m sure the coaching staff, now that the school’s reputation for football has grown, is pushing their best kids to represent them in the SEC.

RJ McIntosh committed to us because we were his best committable offer. Daniel Wright, while at Gibbons, was pushed to FSU.

There’s many more people on staff at the school who are graduates of FSU and UF. The U doesn’t have much representation at Gibbons.
Smh......Donnel Bennet former UM Player is director of player development at Cardinal Gibbons RIGHT NOW......!!

Advertisement
the brand has always been strong.. do we need to win to get the guys we really want? yes. the problem as i refrenced is that the kids that want to come to the U and really represent we passover, dont recruit like it's nothing.. you honestly think hypothetically if the kids that wanna go there if we recruit them and commit to us really was gon let pitt uva beat them if we had a whole roster of true canes? let's be serious bro.15 years plus but somehow we were still nabbing top 5 to 25 classes in those spans. that's excuses..once we evaluate do our do diligence and gets our GUYS, it comes down to coaching and development and well be fine
The brand has NOT always been strong. Don't rewrite history. The turning point was the recruitment of Lester Williams in the late '70's. Our first marquee recruit of the modern era.

People insist on rewriting history. Jimmy Johnson won his NC with his first two classes ranked perhaps in the 20's. They were to some extent mediocre, but had some underrated players like Greg Mark and Steve Walsh. Also. the SEC had kind of slipped back.

I know the history. People make statements that are inaccurate with such certitude.

Excellent post. Beta 100%.
Yeah we all gonna be ***n all year while you watch with your grey shirt on. How any kid would accept this is beyond me.
We had kids accept grey shirts in the past and I respect them for that. Those kids had a burning desire to be Canes and were willing to make sacrifices to get the chance. It's no different from taking a redshirt, working hard, sacrificing, showing patience and waiting your turn. All the time working hard to get better.

Don't diss a kid willing to do that.

I'm not saying that's Bogle.

But don't diss the dedicated Canes of the past who did that because they wanted more than anything to be Canes and were willing to do what it took to get the opportunity. Same with kids who had to take extra time to get academically prepared, take night or summer courses, get special tutoring or go to prep school.

Again, I'm not saying this is Bogle. He is enamored with the SEC and the Clemson victory might be the turning point with Bama's dominance. They are losing assistants, Saban is getting older and portal and new transfer rules mean kids will not stay if they don't play so Bama will be less likely to stockpile depth.

This is shocking
See my other post in this thread.

Bama and Saban might be at the turning point. Coaches leaving, lack of continuity and stability, Clemson has displaced Bama as the top dog in college football. We might be at our turning point as well. Maybe it is time for ACC to ascend to get to a competitive point with the SEC.

New transfer rules might mean certain schools will not be able to stockpile and monopolize the elite talent. Kids will bail if they can't play right away.

One reason we were good but not elite in the '50's and '60's is that traditional powers hogged all the talent. Texas or other big state schools would go way deep with backups who could play. In large part they would bring in walk-ons with very cheap in-state tuition. Those kids were still talented and we're good. Back when freshmen couldn't play varsity I would notice how other freshman teams had larger rosters than ours would. They either gave out more scholarships or had more walk-ons. A lot of those walk-ons would probably develop into good varsity players.

Advertisement

Funny how Bama used to steal our coaches (Pannunzio. Kul, Stoutland, Mario and a DB coach, I think). Now we're stealing his.

Coaching turnover and maybe the portal could bring his lofty status down to earth. With Clemson's help.

Pipo is a character from the LeBatard Show. Your joke was funny but in case you don't know, he purposely spells words incorrectly.
Never listened to the LeBatard show. Is it local in SFla? I thought maybe people were misspelling Pipo as in Matt Pipho.

Advertisement
so interesting ,,,, Bogle posted late last night on his instagram account:

"Laast 2 Days in Broward. HMU if you trynna hang before I leave"

Whats up with this? graduating early? I thought you couldn't graduate early at CG

Is he moving????????

We need Bogle. Our class sucks and beggers can't be choosers.
Honestly, we really don’t NEED him. What we NEED is a graduate transfer that is ready to play and contribute next year. He won’t bring any value to any team at his weight and strength level. Plenty of DE’s next year, who aren’t head cases too!

Advertisement
Back