Bobby Bowden Respect

Stop it, Bro.

The only time FSU's had success in recruiting SoFlo is when we had sanctions, or under the threat of sanctions.

When Miami's winning FSU gets shutout of SoFlo, period!!!
I am not sure you read my post. I said, "As his team got better he was able to pull players from areas not traditional to Florida State, like Miami". I never said he had a lot of success. His results are similar to ours in his backyard.

Advertisement
Stop it, Bro.

The only time FSU's had success in recruiting SoFlo is when we had sanctions, or under the threat of sanctions.

When Miami's winning FSU gets shutout of SoFlo, period!!!

Andrew grew up reading the nonsense from the lazy sportswriters about Bowden being this tough guy because he refuse to run away from UM, as if he was doing our program a favor, when in reality he needed footprint in soFla because many of the central and North Florida studs wanted nothing to do with that Trailer Park school in that ****hole city.

Not surprised where this thread headed....

This is not the thread to do this..... fair warning

train-wreck-accident.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
meh

dirtiest program in college football on the field, and probably off of it. Mickey andrews is a dirty pos that had his players intentionally out to injure people, i hate that program.

We have no room to talk. We have had our own pay for play/bounty scandal; Troy Aikman breaking his ankle was no accident.

Yes, Bowden negatively recruited against us. A LOT of schools negatively recruited against us. Bowden had the free shoes scandal and Bowden forgave certain transgressions from big time players.

...But then again, so did Jimmy Johnson, but he gets a free pass from us because he's one of our guys and he won. And I love JJ, but he certainly didn't have a halo over his head.

This thread is not about that. He was a **** good coach, and indirectly, he made our program better by being so competitive against us. And that deserves a nod of respect.

Trust me, when Steve Spurrier dies, you're not going to hear ANY kind of good things come out of my mouth for that coward.

Last edited:
He was THE ONLY COACH that played the mighty U toe to toe during our glory years. Everyone else found a way to ***** put. I would argue he actually made the u better bc FSU was the ONLY team we feared or at least thought could beat us. Could had easily gone his way were it not for 3 freaking FG! At any rate RESPECT to one of the very best in the game.

Advertisement
He was a Great man. No other like him. Helped make Miami what it is. The competition was fierce and for years this was the The Game. He always respected Miami and gave Miami it's due. He played Miami like no other.

We have no room to talk. We have had our own pay for play/bounty scandal; Troy Aikman breaking his ankle was no accident.

Yes, Bowden negatively recruited against us. A LOT of schools negatively recruited against us. Bowden had the free shoes scandal and Bowden forgave certain transgressions from big time players.

...But then again, so did Jimmy Johnson, but he gets a free pass from us because he's one of our guys and he won. And I love JJ, but he certainly didn't have a halo over his head.

This thread is not about that. He was a **** good coach, and indirectly, he made our program better by being so competitive against us. And that deserves a nod of respect.

Trust me, when Steve Spurrier dies, you're not going to hear ANY kind of good things come out of my mouth for that coward.
Spurrier wasn't UFs coach in 87...So I don't get the "He's a Coward"....And has the upmost respect for UM...as he told me to my face, a yr after winning a NC....

Advertisement
Back